Got a hacker and have proof need assistance.

Faylum
419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I caught a hacker red handed using teleport revives (although i did not record this because at the time i thought it might just be a visual issue) however it all became very obvious when he used an invisibility hack to run right up beside my tank and blow it. However he didn't out right kill me and in my video you can see directly after the first explosion i use 3d perspective to see if anyone is near the tank, then i get out and run around and you can hear his foot steps. Although at the time i didn't notice it, in the film you can see just tnt running around in the air as he circles the tank again. I look around the entire tank but can't see a thing. Get back in the tank and he blows it up, then runs off in death cam completely invisible, except for his tnt. This along with the teleport reviving and it was plainly obvious. It also wasn't a loading error, as other people claimed similar things in the game.
I won't like the video here but when i went to report this guy his name did not exist in the player base. So i assume he either changed it after the game or is somehow found a way to disguise himself. I am trying to report the issue but there is no option for this circumstance, so i am asking the admins or the community for a direct link to contacting EA to provide the evidence which i have recorded and the details.
These types of players are as toxic and as disgusting as they come. And if he goes without punishment he will do it again and again. I would really appreciate if someone could direct me to the correct area. Because like i said, adding him through the friend system to see his profile leads to constant 'that player does not exist' despite having a recording saying his name.

Comments

• LumoColor
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Don't post the video here as you will get into trouble for naming and shaming, that will get you instantly banned from the forums. They do not like people posting evidence of the constant stream of cheats in the game, does not fit with the party line about being serious about dealing with cheats.

Write the name of the player on a piece of paper and throw it in the nearest trash can. Just as effective as reporting in game but a lot faster and convenient.
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LumoColor wrote: »
    Don't post the video here as you will get into trouble for naming and shaming, that will get you instantly banned from the forums. They do not like people posting evidence of the constant stream of cheats in the game, does not fit with the party line about being serious about dealing with cheats.

Write the name of the player on a piece of paper and throw it in the nearest trash can. Just as effective as reporting in game but a lot faster and convenient.

Are you saying that even if I could find the shooter of JFK in the act EA and DICE wouldn't do a thing about it?
  • TheNoobPolice
    1530 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 5
    There's a relatively common invisiblity bug in the game unfortunately. It's nothing to do with cheating.

One cause that they never fixed, is that it is a revive bug. You get revivied, but your player model stays at the revive spot and until certain actions teleport it back onto your camera position for unkown reasons which were never able to be reporduced and then fixed . Here's two examples seen from both players perspectives. Both of these players are respected community member and 100% legit players.

Also, there's not really any point in reporting. Most of them are just people getting annoyed by being killed by good players. Sifting through the crap to find legit reports of cheaters would be a task that even EA with their money, wouldn't want to pay the investment required to train and employ the amount of required manpower. And they certainly don't watch videos. I've reported players with video links, detailed explanations, and links to statistics that are impossible to achieve unless cheating, and the videos still have zero views.

You'd need about 400 trained anti-cheat staff on full time hours. One year after BF1's release Sean Merson admitted they had over a million cheat reports on PC alone. Do the math. Not gonna happen - Ain't no one checking those reports.

Removed video containing swearing ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • LumoColor
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Censorship. Wait for your post to be approved.
  • Faylum

You'd need about 400 trained anti-cheat staff on full time hours. One year after BF1's release Sean Merson admitted they had over a million cheat reports on PC alone. Do the math. Not gonna happen - Ain't no one checking those reports.

Ye, too many cod babies reporting people because they cant handle it making the actual reports harder to verify and find. Annoying that. I know the bug you are talking about with the revives but this guy was a legitimate hacker. People on his team were saying how he was reviving people almost half a map away and teleporting them back to his location. Even though they know they died in another region. He was a hacker all right. Every time i got in a tank he would blow me up with tnt and yet, he had a score of only 7 kills with sniper. And he was reviving people so much he had 25,000 points on the board, which was second on the table.
  • Faylum
    Although i must admit i did think EA was reviewing reports and acting on them. Even Activision/Blizzard and Valve actively ban players. It can only help improve player loyalty. Actually sort of flabbergasted that they don't do a thing but it makes sense.
  • LumoColor
    There's a relatively common invisiblity bug in the game unfortunately. It's nothing to do with cheating.
    There is also a hack that allows them to go invisible, I think its when they select pistol as it always seems that way on the video's I captured of them doing it.
    One year after BF1's release Sean Merson admitted they had over a million cheat reports
    They also have a Million excuses for not doing anything, when you have the amount of negative feedback and complaints about people cheating in battlefield, any number of people to keep the game free of cheaters is great investment into the community imho.
    400, not 228?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_live/comments/95oxpm/i_just_banned_a_guy_of_which_there_are_now_8aug18/e404fnf/
    So no, the reports are not being looked at. The amount of time and money and expertise required is not feasible. I realized this in the first few months when I submitted video links in the report that still have ZERO views today. They are there to give you something to do when you are frustrated and make you feel like you are helping, but reporting is just a colossal waste of your time.
    So just stop doing it, when you come across a cheater, just leave the server.
    LumoColor wrote:

A team of well trained analysts could plough through that number of alerts in no time, less than 2-3 mins to detect most of the cheaters/ abusers reported. Most will be duplicates, good players who get falsely reported are whitelisted for x days and players reporting everybody get ignored. A 1/2 decent monitoring system would filter all of these out before they get to a real person so the real number requiring intervention would be much lower. It's sad that a billion dollar company cannot protect its paying customers from people abusing their products and employ as many staff as it needs to address this issue to protect their reputation they claim as being tough on cheating/abuse.
    What is it with these "cheaters have feelings" too apologists? Not reporting them is as bad as ignoring the reports and hiding clear video evidence of cheating behind name and shame is a poor attempts to hide the problem & stop people exposing how bad it really is.
  • BigF33t_13
    6601 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 3
    I'm sure they're understaffed as far as people reviewing cheat reports. They really need to beef up their anti cheat. Punkbuster was terrible, but this obviously isn't working. It's been bad since they took the AC and server hosting in house. EA also ruined my dad's favorite casual gaming site pogo ever since taking it over. He was a paid member since 1999, and left this year. EA isn't making friends.
  • Faylum
    Remember that old slogan EA had on their games where it would be some child whispering 'EA... Challenging Everything'?
    Now its more like some window licker stuttering 'EA... Challenged by Everything'.
    How is this company able to compete at all in any market when everything the touch or anything the do FAILS, miserably? How is such a stupidly incompetent company like them able to even earn a dollar?
  • Svi2
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Situation seems to be as bad in BF1 as it is in BFV. There were cheaters in most of my games tonight. I gave up when one of those invisible guys with floating gun (98% hs over & 10 kills/min with LMG) showed up and killed the server, bye bye operation points
  • Titan_Awaken
    512 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Send your reports here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=battlefield-1&platform=pc&category=report-concerns-or-harassment&issue=report-player&isChannelSelection=true

That's the link you're looking for.

P.S: They're cheaters, not hackers. You're giving way too much credit to a lowly individual who essentially double clicks on a .exe file just to ruin other people's fun. Hackers create and write their own code/programs, something that actually requires talent and dedication to accomplish. Cheaters are sadistic individuals that double click an executable file. No talent required.
  • Faylum
    Send your reports here: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/?product=battlefield-1&platform=pc&category=report-concerns-or-harassment&issue=report-player&isChannelSelection=true

That's the link you're looking for.

P.S: They're cheaters, not hackers. You're giving way too much credit to a lowly individual who essentially double clicks on a .exe file just to ruin other people's fun. Hackers create and write their own code/programs, something that actually requires talent and dedication to accomplish. Cheaters are sadistic individuals that double click an executable file. No talent required.

Apologies for terminology. I thought cheaters needed to hack certain files to run cheats. Anyway, you learn something every day. Cheers for the link.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Faylum wrote: »
    Although i must admit i did think EA was reviewing reports and acting on them. Even Activision/Blizzard and Valve actively ban players. It can only help improve player loyalty. Actually sort of flabbergasted that they don't do a thing but it makes sense.

Sorry to say it, but they do not care about the videos.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/aheem6/i_was_banned_because_of_a_video/eedyukc/
    Braddock512
    Community Manager
    45 points
    ·
    19 days ago
    ·
    edited 13 minutes ago
    I'm sorry you feel that way, but as I repeatedly stated, the action of the anti-cheat team isn't solely based on videos from Spectator mode. They use their own tools. Your point that Spectator can be unreliable is exactly WHY they don't rely on it alone to determine if someone is cheating.