Don't know what to do anymore...

twelvetreees
9 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
I got myself a brand new PC, but for some reason i cant play bf5 in multiplayer.
In singleplayer it works...

My PC:
Threatripper 2920x
Geforce 2080 Ti
Taichi 399x

Right after it found a match it usually freezes 1 or 2 times until it freezes completely. After that i have to restart my pc to try it again.
I got it to work once but then it froze every 3 seconds for like 2 min.

What i tried so far:

- Updated BIOS
- Deleted GPU drivers with DDU (not in savemode as recromended though)
- Reinstalled Chipset drivers
- Reinstalled Battlefield
-Turned off Windows-Firewall
- Turned off DRX12
-Flushed DNS Cache
- Tracked CPU and GPU (Temperature) > everything is normale (goes up to about 50 °C)
- Ran Cinebench and octanebench to see if anything crashes there

Im experiencing some other issues on my pc. Maby this has anything to do with it...
1. Im using Bluetooth for mouse, keyboard and sound. I sometimes have laggs when i start typing something and sometimes the mouse laggs as well...
> I had bf5 running 3 days ago. (but then i had to format all drives) At this time i experienced some laggs randomly during the game where everything froze for like 4 sec.. (Game, Sound, Music) But rather than that i was able to play the game.

2. My sound ?settings?/Volume mixer keeps crashing. Most of the time when i switch to a difrent output. In the Device Manager it says, that i have 5 sound controllers: NVIDIA High Definition Audio, NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device, Phillips BT Hands-Free (That the bluetooth device), PhilipsBT Stereo, Realtek High Definition Audio.

So right now i really dont know what else i should try.... Doas anybody know anything else i could try?

Comments

• fragnstein
    463 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Pc specs please, including power supply
  • twelvetreees
    Here you go! :)

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2920X
    ASRock X399 Taichi
    G.Skill Trident Z RGB DIMM Kit 64GB, DDR4-3000, CL16-18-18-38 (F4-3000C16Q-64GTZR)
    Nvidia geforce rtx 2080 ti
    Corsair HX Series HX850
    Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB, M.2
    HGST Deskstar NAS 4TB
    LG 34UM88C-P - 86,36 cm (34 Zoll)
    Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop (Mouse/Keyboard)
    be quiet! Dark Rock PRO TR4
    Phillips BT (Bluetooth)
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2793 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Have you tried re-installing CPU using Threadripper screwdriver for proper mounting pressure?
  • twelvetreees
    Untill now i also tryed:

- Reinstalled GPU Drivers using DDU in save mode
    - Reistalled Bluetooth drivers
    - Removed all Bluetoothdevices

Now it works!
  • -aarp-19Crib
    713 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds like a memory problem. Run Memtest....
  • TFBisquit
    1513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Couldn't hurt to test your hardware indeed. Just to make sure and peace of mind.
    Sometimes you need to reseat your hardware, sometimes a setting in bios is wrong for your hardware, many times ram timings (usually autodetect) get the wrong voltage and/or timings in bios etc etc.
    All these things can cause system lockups when stressing with games and the likes.
    And very rare, but it does happen, you could have one or more faulty hardware. In that case it's always best to have it refuse to work so you quickly know what's wrong.
    Stresstesting it may reveal such a thing.
  • twelvetreees
    So i found out that as soon as i connect my pc to the Phillip BT via bluetooth the game crashes. The weird thing though, is that it only crashes when im trying to play a multiplayer game. Singleplayer works with no problem.
    Could this still be a hardware problem or is it a bf5 problem?

I ran the memtest, but its taking forever. after a half day it was half way through... is this normal? :D but no errors so far...
    Since this is taking forever you guy think its still worth testing?
  • twelvetreees
    Have you tried re-installing CPU using Threadripper screwdriver for proper mounting pressure?

i used the special screwdriver from threadripper to mount it... so it should be propper i think. Plus the Temperature is normal on the CPU...
  • xHonest_Abe
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 5
    So i found out that as soon as i connect my pc to the Phillip BT via bluetooth the game crashes. The weird thing though, is that it only crashes when im trying to play a multiplayer game. Singleplayer works with no problem.
    Could this still be a hardware problem or is it a bf5 problem?

My son in law had similar type of problem when I gave him my older build that had an i7 4790 and good MB/parts. I had it for 2 year and it never crashed. When he moved it into his house, every hour he would have 2 or 3 crashes. We were suspecting a couple of bluetooths he had running that was over powering his motherboard or the connection to the internet. He was about to get rid of it, but we tried one other thing. We located the computer in a different part of the room and it stopped crashing. You might have some strong RFI interference on the board or modem/router. We never figure out where the interference came from, but no crashes since he moved it.
    Post edited by xHonest_Abe on
  • DrDrade
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Is it oc? I had a problem simular like you and i added abit more voltage till it was fixed. Also be sure you got dx12 enabled, future frame rendering off etc.. Is rtx on?:P
  • CosmicStriker
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 5
    are there a lot of blue screen error codes ?
    when a PC computer is unstable a lot, and and you did everything , then you better try different RAM could be one of these were the ram seems to work but it's really not the correct speed of ram for the brand of motherboard.

"Supports DDR4 3600+(OC)/3200(OC)/2933(OC)/2667/2400/2133 ECC & non-ECC, un-buffered memory(U-DIMM)"
    https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/X399 Taichi/index.asp#Specification

and you have in it

G.Skill Trident Z RGB DIMM Kit 64GB, DDR4-3000, CL16-18-18-38 (F4-3000C16Q-64GTZR)
    https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3000c16q-64gtzr

just what i suspected from what you were saying.

you should be using

G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB DDR4-3200 Memory Modules 14-14-14-34 Non-ECC / Unbuffered
    https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c14d-16gtzr

get 4 or 8 of them and you'll be fine .

Post edited by CosmicStriker on
  • twelvetreees
    edited February 5
    Drade89 wrote: »
    Is it oc? I had a problem simular like you and i added abit more voltage till it was fixed. Also be sure you got dx12 enabled, future frame rendering off etc.. Is rtx on?:P

Nope i didnt OC. Theres no need. ;)

are there a lot of blue screen error codes ?
    when a PC computer is unstable a lot, and and you did everything , then you better try different RAM could be one of these were the ram seems to work but it's really not the correct speed of ram for the brand of motherboard.

"Supports DDR4 3600+(OC)/3200(OC)/2933(OC)/2667/2400/2133 ECC & non-ECC, un-buffered memory(U-DIMM)"
    https://www.asrock.com/MB/AMD/X399 Taichi/index.asp#Specification

and you have in it

https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3000c16q-64gtzr

just what i suspected from what you were saying.

you should be using

G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB DDR4-3200 Memory Modules 14-14-14-34 Non-ECC / Unbuffered
    https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3200c14d-16gtzr

get 4 or 8 of them and you'll be fine .

haha yeah but they are twice as expensive. ;)
    plus it doasnt make sense to buy 3200 memory if only 2933 is supported. :#

Nope i didnt get a single errorcode or bluescreen or anything. the game just freezes and non of the sound devices work anymore untill i do a restart...
  • twelvetreees
    Over the last days my problem shifted a little bit.
    I still have the problem with the bluetooth device. But thats ok for now.

I was able to play bf5 for the last few days... but today a new problem appeared. Now the game crashes randomly.

I checkt my temperature a couple of times untill it crashed, but everything is fine.

CPU (Tctl) max. is at 83.5 °C and
    CPU (Tdie) is at 58.9°C
    so its lower then other benchmarks i found on the internet.
    GPU max.: 81°C
    MB: 42 °C

The only suspicious could be the Samsung 970 EVO. I got two temperatures here. One max. temperature is 49 °C and the other 72 °C.
    Could this be a problem?
  • lI_BIG_DADDY_Il
    192 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 5
    I had an issue like that once - dunno if its the same for you.

My situation was:

I could play Rising Storm 2 Vietnam with no problem - but with BF 1 it froze after a few secs.

After days on google and trying everything else I found out that my CPU wasnt mounted correctly (pasta & pressure) and solve that - and then everything worked great

(Apprently Rising Storm 2 Vietnam wasnt so "hard" on my CPU (heat) as BF 1 was.

PS:

Might be your overclock? - if you overclock?............. My Ryzen 1700x is stable on 3900 but at 4000 I get random frezes in BF 5 (with the same voltage etc. etc. )
  • twelvetreees
    I had an issue like that once - dunno if its the same for you.

My situation was:

I could play Rising Storm 2 Vietnam with no problem - but with BF 1 it froze after a few secs.

After days on google and trying everything else I found out that my CPU wasnt mounted correctly (pasta & pressure) and solve that - and then everything worked great

(Apprently Rising Storm 2 Vietnam wasnt so "hard" on my CPU (heat) as BF 1 was.

PS:

Might be your overclock? - if you overclock?............. My Ryzen 1700x is stable on 3900 but at 4000 I get random frezes in BF 5 (with the same voltage etc. etc. )

Nope i dont OC
  • CosmicStriker
    698 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 6
    i'm telling you your issue is the ram, i've seen this happen before , when someones build orders the wrong ram , and yet it recognizes and seems to work, but there are always some strange error and crash, it's a ram issue , get the correct compatible one read the manual it should tell you even the compatible brands , and if it's too expensive then you should have gotten something not so new.
    did you even look at the compatible memory list for that motherboard ? that ram you listed is not even on it.
    https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X399 Taichi/index.asp#Memory

the one you want on that list is "F4-3400C16Q-64GTZ"
    or these
    DDR4 G.Skill 2933 2933 16GB F4-3200C15D-32GTZR DS 2 v
    DDR4 G.Skill 2933 2933 16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZR DS 2 v
    DDR4 G.Skill 2933 2933 16GB F4-3866C18D-32GTZR DS 2 v
    DDR4 G.Skill 2933 2933 16GB F4-3333C16D-32GTZSK DS 2 v
    DDR4 G.Skill 2933 2933 16GB F4-3000C15D-32GTZ

or any of the other brands , i'd get the 16gb modules so you could max it out in the future. with 16 in each of the 8 slots for the full 128 gb of RAM
  • Zenga
    164 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Yes, another vote for RAM. You're using the wrong sticks and the TR4 motherboards are super sensitive to correct RAM. Most manufacturers state which sticks work with which MB's. Yes, the 3200 are expensive, but they work. I got a Zenith extreme MB with TR2950 and a 2080ti. So when the question of RAM came up, I did my due diligence and went with 4x16 G.Skill 3200. I don't see much need to push it to 128GB, but hey - at least I can if I want to.
  • TFBisquit
    1513 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 6
    Over the last days my problem shifted a little bit.
    I still have the problem with the bluetooth device. But thats ok for now.

I was able to play bf5 for the last few days... but today a new problem appeared. Now the game crashes randomly.

I checkt my temperature a couple of times untill it crashed, but everything is fine.

CPU (Tctl) max. is at 83.5 °C and
    CPU (Tdie) is at 58.9°C
    so its lower then other benchmarks i found on the internet.
    GPU max.: 81°C
    MB: 42 °C

The only suspicious could be the Samsung 970 EVO. I got two temperatures here. One max. temperature is 49 °C and the other 72 °C.
    Could this be a problem?

That's too hot yeah. They shouldn't exceed 50°C.
    What does Aida say?
    BTW your overall temps are a bit too warm. Could do with some extra cooling. The MB temperature tells me your entire pc needs some better airflow.
    Or a bigger housing.
  • twelvetreees
    i'm telling you your issue is the ram, i've seen this happen before , when someones build orders the wrong ram , and yet it recognizes and seems to work, but there are always some strange error and crash, it's a ram issue , get the correct compatible one read the manual it should tell you even the compatible brands , and if it's too expensive then you should have gotten something not so new.
    did you even look at the compatible memory list for that motherboard ? that ram you listed is not even on it.
    https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/X399 Taichi/index.asp#Memory

the one you want on that list is "F4-3400C16Q-64GTZ"
    or these
    DDR4 G.Skill 2933 2933 16GB F4-3200C15D-32GTZR DS 2 v
    DDR4 G.Skill 2933 2933 16GB F4-3200C14D-32GTZR DS 2 v
    DDR4 G.Skill 2933 2933 16GB F4-3866C18D-32GTZR DS 2 v
    DDR4 G.Skill 2933 2933 16GB F4-3333C16D-32GTZSK DS 2 v
    DDR4 G.Skill 2933 2933 16GB F4-3000C15D-32GTZ

or any of the other brands , i'd get the 16gb modules so you could max it out in the future. with 16 in each of the 8 slots for the full 128 gb of RAM

Alright. Looks like i have to get new ram... :/

• twelvetreees
    edited February 8
    Ok. Little Update.
    I had the luck to get in contact with some serious RAM OC's. (They are eaven holding some world records ;) )
    <3 Especially stinger2k helpt me a lot with his fantastic knowledge !!!!! But also cm87|RAMTASTiXX stood by my side till late at night... <3

i tested a lot of hardware with them.
    The s2d crashes appeared because of the new nvidia drivers.
    We found that out because i tryed to do an octanebench and got some CUDA errror...
    We downgraded the driver and now everything is fine.

To get new memory because its not listed on the QVL and is not running clean is not nessesary.
    There are Programs like. Ryzen Timing Checker, Thaiphoon and Ryzen DRAM calculater, with wich you can find out what you have to type in youre RAM BIOS options...
    To Check your RAM its best to use KarhuSoft and let it run till it reaches 10000% if you dont get any errors then youre good to go.

If you want to get really good information about RAM OC and RAM in General check this Link:
    https://www.computerbase.de/forum/threads/amd-ryzen-ram-oc-community.1829356/

(Its in german though...)

Or you can eaven get in direct contact with them trough this discord link:
    https://discord.gg/9jRSkyC

In my case the onboard bluetooth is causing the problems. I will see if i can swop it out easily or eaven get a ne mainboard now...