Don't know what to do anymore...

2»

Comments

• lI_BIG_DADDY_Il
    169 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nice to hear = Congrats!
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I got myself a brand new PC, but for some reason i cant play bf5 in multiplayer.
    In singleplayer it works...

My PC:
    Threatripper 2920x
    Geforce 2080 Ti
    Taichi 399x

Right after it found a match it usually freezes 1 or 2 times until it freezes completely. After that i have to restart my pc to try it again.
    I got it to work once but then it froze every 3 seconds for like 2 min.

What i tried so far:

- Updated BIOS
    - Deleted GPU drivers with DDU (not in savemode as recromended though)
    - Reinstalled Chipset drivers
    - Reinstalled Battlefield
    -Turned off Windows-Firewall
    - Turned off DRX12
    -Flushed DNS Cache
    - Tracked CPU and GPU (Temperature) > everything is normale (goes up to about 50 °C)
    - Ran Cinebench and octanebench to see if anything crashes there

Im experiencing some other issues on my pc. Maby this has anything to do with it...
    1. Im using Bluetooth for mouse, keyboard and sound. I sometimes have laggs when i start typing something and sometimes the mouse laggs as well...
    > I had bf5 running 3 days ago. (but then i had to format all drives) At this time i experienced some laggs randomly during the game where everything froze for like 4 sec.. (Game, Sound, Music) But rather than that i was able to play the game.

2. My sound ?settings?/Volume mixer keeps crashing. Most of the time when i switch to a difrent output. In the Device Manager it says, that i have 5 sound controllers: NVIDIA High Definition Audio, NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device, Phillips BT Hands-Free (That the bluetooth device), PhilipsBT Stereo, Realtek High Definition Audio.

So right now i really dont know what else i should try.... Doas anybody know anything else i could try?

Have you tried resetting virtual memory to "system managed" on the drive that holds your game directory. This solved crashes (bsod) on mulitplayer for me. Shame that i stopped playing due to the level of cheats but thats a whole different thread. lol
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ok. Little Update.
    I had the luck to get in contact with some serious RAM OC's. (They are eaven holding some world records ;) )
    <3 Especially stinger2k helpt me a lot with his fantastic knowledge !!!!! But also cm87|RAMTASTiXX stood by my side till late at night... <3

i tested a lot of hardware with them.
    The s2d crashes appeared because of the new nvidia drivers.
    We found that out because i tryed to do an octanebench and got some CUDA errror...
    We downgraded the driver and now everything is fine.

To get new memory because its not listed on the QVL and is not running clean is not nessesary.
    There are Programs like. Ryzen Timing Checker, Thaiphoon and Ryzen DRAM calculater, with wich you can find out what you have to type in youre RAM BIOS options...
    To Check your RAM its best to use KarhuSoft and let it run till it reaches 10000% if you dont get any errors then youre good to go.

If you want to get really good information about RAM OC and RAM in General check this Link:
    https://www.computerbase.de/forum/threads/amd-ryzen-ram-oc-community.1829356/

(Its in german though...)

Or you can eaven get in direct contact with them trough this discord link:
    https://discord.gg/9jRSkyC

In my case the onboard bluetooth is causing the problems. I will see if i can swop it out easily or eaven get a ne mainboard now...

Also i read somewhere that the game didn't like cpu overclocks that were totally stable for every other game and application on your system. And that increasing voltage on your current "stable" overclock could help prevent the crashes. Good luck
  • NamelessForNow
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ok. Little Update.
    I had the luck to get in contact with some serious RAM OC's. (They are eaven holding some world records ;) )
    <3 Especially stinger2k helpt me a lot with his fantastic knowledge !!!!! But also cm87|RAMTASTiXX stood by my side till late at night... <3

i tested a lot of hardware with them.
    The s2d crashes appeared because of the new nvidia drivers.
    We found that out because i tryed to do an octanebench and got some CUDA errror...
    We downgraded the driver and now everything is fine.

To get new memory because its not listed on the QVL and is not running clean is not nessesary.
    There are Programs like. Ryzen Timing Checker, Thaiphoon and Ryzen DRAM calculater, with wich you can find out what you have to type in youre RAM BIOS options...
    To Check your RAM its best to use KarhuSoft and let it run till it reaches 10000% if you dont get any errors then youre good to go.

If you want to get really good information about RAM OC and RAM in General check this Link:
    https://www.computerbase.de/forum/threads/amd-ryzen-ram-oc-community.1829356/

(Its in german though...)

Or you can eaven get in direct contact with them trough this discord link:
    https://discord.gg/9jRSkyC

In my case the onboard bluetooth is causing the problems. I will see if i can swop it out easily or eaven get a ne mainboard now...

Also i read somewhere that the game didn't like cpu overclocks that were totally stable for every other game and application on your system. And that increasing voltage on your current "stable" overclock could help prevent the crashes. Good luck

BFV uses AVX instructions. Most likely the reason for many crashes.