One single Round, 18 planes destroyed, 26kills, 0 death. This vehicle is way too powerful.

Comments

• CaptHotah
    1061 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GOOD! Hope they buff AA more. Just finished a round of breakthru, guy went 101-10 spamming the flag with JU. Tired of the no skill scrubs spamming the pin.

98% of all your total kills are from bomber planes. Thats sad and pathetic at the same time. Im curious to see how you cope in a round of tdm 😂
  • KILLSLOWPRO
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just played a round on panserstorm where there were 3 MAA flakes camping near the home base (me included), and the only way planes could get close is by flying low and in the sun, and with rockets, two planes were making loops taking out the MAA. 3 MAA's flaks were having trouble with those two pilots. Bombers can do the same thing, fly low and in the sun light and AA has a hard time.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2015 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    don't see the problem. I could go 26-0 in a prepatch scrubfire while eating a sammich and making a phone call. Still can if I've got a wingman on comms.

anyway it can't cover the whole map. Maybe 1/4 at a time on Twisted Steel and the bridge gets in the way all the time.

Sweatfires don't go past their own team's flags until the MAA is taken down by bombers/ground, and they'll never be hurt.

But god forbid I can't spawnrape the German plane spawn 24/7 and bombers might survive more than 4 seconds.

Then prove it with a video of you owning the sky with a spitfire and a wingman on a map which has flakpanzer. Otherwise, from your stats I can tell you were just lying.

"Owning the sky" is easy when you've got a butt buddy. Flakpanzer dies in a few seconds from one strafe run from each.

Bust still no thanks then I'd have to publicly fly the scrubfire and befriend a pilot scrub both of which are shameful.

I can show me owning the sky with another, far more elegant and refined vehicle if you prefer, tho.

Good luck strafing a flakpanzer with your 7-kill spitfire VB. LOL

why would I ever want to use the trash tier version?

That's like putting 37mm on the glorious flakpanzer. You could do it but why tho?

don't see the problem. I could go 26-0 in a prepatch scrubfire while eating a sammich and making a phone call. Still can if I've got a wingman on comms.

anyway it can't cover the whole map. Maybe 1/4 at a time on Twisted Steel and the bridge gets in the way all the time.

Sweatfires don't go past their own team's flags until the MAA is taken down by bombers/ground, and they'll never be hurt.

But god forbid I can't spawnrape the German plane spawn 24/7 and bombers might survive more than 4 seconds.

Then prove it with a video of you owning the sky with a spitfire and a wingman on a map which has flakpanzer. Otherwise, from your stats I can tell you were just lying.
    Flakpanzer dies in a few seconds from one strafe run from each.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
    Show me a video how to kill an aa tank within seconds from air, like you said, one strafe.

you need a video on how to equip 250lb bombs/rockets, point your plane at a big slow metal box and click mouse 1?

Wow pilots are more handicapped than I thought.

VB is trash tier version?
    Maybe it's trash in your hand, not in mine.

credit where due that's a thicc k/D.

Shame I'm gonna have to beat it with my upcoming base camping AA alt

Then you'd better hurry, beat mine before the next patch when your wheelchair will be useless again.

I haven't seen epeens this thicc since the notorious KD thread. My semi-flaccid infantry chops are shriveling as I read such big statements. Kudos bois, keep up the good fight.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 4
    Im getting tired of saying it but why can MAA be spawned on maps with no planes?

Aerodrome, I'm looking at you.
  • SirBobdk
    3929 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    naitch44 wrote: »
    Im getting tired of saying it but why can MAA be spawned on maps with no planes?

Not only that. Why can a team choose to have only MAA. Try playing Twisted Steel with 3 x Flak Panzer in CQ. A map that didn't even had a problem with planes.
    Same with Panzer Storm. 2 planes vs up to 6 x MAA.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »

Not only that. Why can a team choose to have only MAA. Try playing Twisted Steel with 3 x Flak Panzer in CQ. A map that didn't even had a problem with planes.

I generally now leave the server when I am on the British team on Twisted Steel or Panzerstorm. You simply can't fly on those maps as a British pilot. The likelihood of not being pestered across at least half the map by a number of Flakpanzers is extremely low....
    And Twisted Steel is especially absurd. When the Flakpanzers are camping at the resupply depot next to the river, they can reach the British base....
  • SirBobdk
    3929 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 4
    TheSacar wrote: »

I generally now leave the server when I am on the British team on Twisted Steel or Panzerstorm. You simply can't fly on those maps as a British pilot. The likelihood of not being pestered across at least half the map by a number of Flakpanzers is extremely low....
    And Twisted Steel is especially absurd. When the Flakpanzers are camping at the resupply depot next to the river, they can reach the British base....
    So do I. Its absurde. Your dead before you reach E.
    There should be a limit on the MAA just like there should be fixed slots for planes. On Twisted Steel it should be 1xVA + 1VB + 1 Belheim (choice), 1 x Me109 (Choice), 1x JU88, 1 x Stuka (choice). Same with other maps. There should always be balance of the types of planes in the air, just like there should be balance of the numbers of MAA. They got it quit right in BF4.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Well yeah, quite.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »

So do I. Its absurde. Your dead before you reach E.
    There should be a limit on the MAA just like there should be fixed slots for planes. On Twisted Steel it should be 1xVA + 1VB + 1 Belheim (choice), 1 x Me109 (Choice), 1x JU88, 1 x Stuka (choice). Same with other maps. There should always be balance of the types of planes in the air, just like there should be balance of the numbers of MAA. They got it quit right in BF4.

That has its drawbacks though. What if one guy takes the fighter and decides not to engage enemy aircraft with it (out of fear of dying or malice or whatever)? Or what if the enemy fighter pilot is so good, you know you need two dedicated fighters to counter him?
    I'm not a fan of prescribing vehicles that strictly. If at all I'd prefer upper limits such as only two bombers per team on Fjell, no more than two MAA on any map, only three Staghounds on Panzerstorm... something like that. But I'd much more prefer to leave it up to players, but balance the vehicles. So what if there are six Flakpanzers? If vehicles were properly balanced, the team would lose to six staghounds/valentines. If the enemy team decides to go all MAA to shoot me down that would be fine by me, so long as MAAs/vehicles are not excessively OP. Either I'll manage or I will happily stay on the ground taking the flags.
  • Jesus4000
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MAA just needs their range decreased and the problem would be solved.
    The thing is that sniping planes with MAA across the entire map is a weeeee bit off.
    Force MAA to actually move across the map.
  • SirBobdk
    @TheSacar wrote
    I'm not a fan of prescribing vehicles that strictly
    It did work in BF4 where both stealth fighter and attack plane was fixed slots. On some maps there were only stealth jets.
    I dont say that it should be like I mention, but having only bombers should not be an option. It gets ugly if both teams choose to do so.
  • PrecisionWing
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

"Owning the sky" is easy when you've got a butt buddy. Flakpanzer dies in a few seconds from one strafe run from each.

Bust still no thanks then I'd have to publicly fly the scrubfire and befriend a pilot scrub both of which are shameful.

I can show me owning the sky with another, far more elegant and refined vehicle if you prefer, tho.

Good luck strafing a flakpanzer with your 7-kill spitfire VB. LOL

why would I ever want to use the trash tier version?

That's like putting 37mm on the glorious flakpanzer. You could do it but why tho?

Flakpanzer dies in a few seconds from one strafe run from each.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
    Show me a video how to kill an aa tank within seconds from air, like you said, one strafe.

you need a video on how to equip 250lb bombs/rockets, point your plane at a big slow metal box and click mouse 1?

Wow pilots are more handicapped than I thought.

VB is trash tier version?
    Maybe it's trash in your hand, not in mine.

You dont even need to argue with him anymore.
    He will use his profound bias to defeat you. Lol
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing at all wrong with that. Planes can still go 100:0 if the pilot is skilled enough. MAA should be a threat to planes.
  • CHAMMOND1992
    1037 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Seems properly balanced.
  • Lone1988
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 4
    2 Spitfires can take out a Flakpanzer IF the Driver is a complete idiot.

The Flakpanzer needs less Damage and the British Bomber needs to make more Damage with the 4 Bombs. People seem to forget that they can move the MAA which makes it very strong and less damage would mean that you need more skill.

The JU88 still takes a lot of Damage from the Flaks and forces me to break off but it is not so unbalanced that I dont have a chance to get away. If I have a Flakpanzer to help me it gives me free reign with the Bomber. This should not happen. The Flakpanzer should be supportive enough to keep Spitfires away from Bombers and certain Points but it shouldnt kill them in 2 seconds like in the video.

On each side it should be like this: Fighter Planes kill Bombers and other Fighers. Bombers kill Infantry and Tanks. AA supports their Planes and takes out those that are in an acceptable range while being viable against Infantry which they are right now.
    If they want MAAs to be incredibly strong against Planes they should have to be close enough for Infantry to take them out but this is hard to pull off with the map structures.

Now before someone tells me that the Flakpanzer would be too weak against Bombers. Bombers still need to drop bombs from higher up and you can move the MAA while firing.
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Autorotor wrote: »
    The fact that the AA tank is super powerful against infantry and other tanks makes me cringe. Like wtf!?!?

There's enough of exploiting noobs in this game all ready. Pls stop catering them DICE!

A reminder to DICE..

AA= anti aircraft in case you didn't know.
    Aircraft = Those things with awfull physics that buzz around in the sky.

This is the real problem.
  • Ameriken05
    383 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The problem has always been the ability for players/vehicles to retreat to an out-of-bounds area time and time again. It has been a problem in BF for a while. I'm all for protecting a spawn area but you should have limited opportunity to engage the enemy from it, much less retreat back into it. Vehicles, specifically MAA have abused it for years. And though a good air team might be able to counter an AA, the game is probably better designed for ground units to take out MAA (i.e. assault or tanks). Near impossible for them when the MAA can retreat back into its timeout like a trapdoor spider...

No more out of bounds - spawn areas should be a non-combat bubble and once you leave them it's game on.
  • DingoKillr
    3472 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ameriken05 wrote: »
    The problem has always been the ability for players/vehicles to retreat to an out-of-bounds area time and time again. It has been a problem in BF for a while. I'm all for protecting a spawn area but you should have limited opportunity to engage the enemy from it, much less retreat back into it. Vehicles, specifically MAA have abused it for years. And though a good air team might be able to counter an AA, the game is probably better designed for ground units to take out MAA (i.e. assault or tanks). Near impossible for them when the MAA can retreat back into its timeout like a trapdoor spider...

No more out of bounds - spawn areas should be a non-combat bubble and once you leave them it's game on.
    What MAA abuses out of bounds, you guys are kidding. All this whinge about MAA hiding in spawn from ground units and unable to counter with planes, so what the hell are you doing near enemy spawn in a plane anyway?

What about Planes they retreat to out of bounds form ground units because of there much bigger combat area, no let's complain about MAA at the other end of the map.
  • PrecisionWing
    620 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Ameriken05 wrote: »

What MAA abuses out of bounds, you guys are kidding. All this whinge about MAA hiding in spawn from ground units and unable to counter with planes, so what the hell are you doing near enemy spawn in a plane anyway?

What about Planes they retreat to out of bounds form ground units because of there much bigger combat area, no let's complain about MAA at the other end of the map.

Already told you, the very reason base camping maa exist in the first place is its range. Just camp at uncap, at least half of map is under your gun range.