One single Round, 18 planes destroyed, 26kills, 0 death. This vehicle is way too powerful.

Comments

• TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Ameriken05 wrote: »
    The problem has always been the ability for players/vehicles to retreat to an out-of-bounds area time and time again. It has been a problem in BF for a while. I'm all for protecting a spawn area but you should have limited opportunity to engage the enemy from it, much less retreat back into it. Vehicles, specifically MAA have abused it for years. And though a good air team might be able to counter an AA, the game is probably better designed for ground units to take out MAA (i.e. assault or tanks). Near impossible for them when the MAA can retreat back into its timeout like a trapdoor spider...

No more out of bounds - spawn areas should be a non-combat bubble and once you leave them it's game on.
    What MAA abuses out of bounds, you guys are kidding. All this whinge about MAA hiding in spawn from ground units and unable to counter with planes, so what the hell are you doing near enemy spawn in a plane anyway?

What about Planes they retreat to out of bounds form ground units because of there much bigger combat area, no let's complain about MAA at the other end of the map.

Really? There is a huge field on both sides of the German spawn on Arras, which is playable area for Germans but out of bounds for the British. And those are the two hills where you will find at least one German Flakpanzer shooting across most of the map on almost every Arras round....
    The planes may retreat, but that is essentially the same thing as a soldier ducking behind cover. And the MAA doesn't even have to retreat to its spawn, when it never needs to leave it in the first place....
  • DingoKillr
    3384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The problem has always been the ability for players/vehicles to retreat to an out-of-bounds area time and time again. It has been a problem in BF for a while. I'm all for protecting a spawn area but you should have limited opportunity to engage the enemy from it, much less retreat back into it. Vehicles, specifically MAA have abused it for years. And though a good air team might be able to counter an AA, the game is probably better designed for ground units to take out MAA (i.e. assault or tanks). Near impossible for them when the MAA can retreat back into its timeout like a trapdoor spider...

No more out of bounds - spawn areas should be a non-combat bubble and once you leave them it's game on.
    What MAA abuses out of bounds, you guys are kidding. All this whinge about MAA hiding in spawn from ground units and unable to counter with planes, so what the hell are you doing near enemy spawn in a plane anyway?

What about Planes they retreat to out of bounds form ground units because of there much bigger combat area, no let's complain about MAA at the other end of the map.

Already told you, the very reason base camping maa exist in the first place is its range. Just camp at uncap, at least half of map is under your gun range.
    I know why MAA camps in spawn it is trying to stay safe, I was not asking about that.

Unless actual numbers are known saying the range is 1/4,1/3 or 1/2 maps is dependent on the map and exaggeration is not helpful as to often it is the latter, I have seen comments in this forum saying that MAA is OP as it can shoot across the whole map.
  • SirBobdk
    3699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Imo It is quite certain that the MAA will be nerfed in the next patch.
    Even DICE can see its absurde right now.
    Knowing DICE's ability to balance it will probably get useless.
    Dice only seem to have one button "on/off."
  • ragnarok013
    2308 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I just played a round on panserstorm where there were 3 MAA flakes camping near the home base (me included), and the only way planes could get close is by flying low and in the sun, and with rockets, two planes were making loops taking out the MAA. 3 MAA's flaks were having trouble with those two pilots. Bombers can do the same thing, fly low and in the sun light and AA has a hard time.

This is why we need the old BF3 vehicle spawn system back where the number and type of vehicles are all pre-determined. We never had 3 MAAs on one map back then. I'm definitely pro anti-air and see having three as a problem.
  • DingoKillr
    3384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TheSacar wrote: »

Really? There is a huge field on both sides of the German spawn on Arras, which is playable area for Germans but out of bounds for the British. And those are the two hills where you will find at least one German Flakpanzer shooting across most of the map on almost every Arras round....
    The planes may retreat, but that is essentially the same thing as a soldier ducking behind cover. And the MAA doesn't even have to retreat to its spawn, when it never needs to leave it in the first place....
    Great example of map dependent exaggeration. They may be able to reach spawn to spawn at the closet point but that still not covering half or the whole map.
  • SirBobdk
    3699 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I just played a round on panserstorm where there were 3 MAA flakes camping near the home base (me included), and the only way planes could get close is by flying low and in the sun, and with rockets, two planes were making loops taking out the MAA. 3 MAA's flaks were having trouble with those two pilots. Bombers can do the same thing, fly low and in the sun light and AA has a hard time.

This is why we need the old BF3 vehicle spawn system back where the number and type of vehicles are all pre-determined. We never had 3 MAAs on one map back then. I'm definitely pro anti-air and see having three as a problem.
    Agree. That was a good system. The ability to choose everything creates balance problems.
    Btw. Had a round on twisted steel where a dude left the Flak Panzer after being hit once by a panzerfaust. The other team took it a shot down all our planes for the next 5 minutes before it get destoyed. Lol :smile:
  • SirBobdk

Great example of map dependent exaggeration. They may be able to reach spawn to spawn at the closet point but that still not covering half or the whole map.
    On some of the maps it covers the majority of the flags making it impossible to fly any where else than in spawn. In that sence it does cover half or the whole map where planes can make a difference.
  • DingoKillr
    SirBobdk wrote: »

On some of the maps it covers the majority of the flags making it impossible to fly any where else than in spawn. In that sence it does cover half or the whole map where planes can make a difference.
    Which maps? 3 have no aircraft, 1 has no MAA that leaves 5. If Arras the MAA can't cover the majority flags, I seriously doubt the other 4 can camp at spawn and cover the majority of flags.
  • Shrediron
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MAA are fine. Pilots just need to git gud and stop thinking they can 1v1 an MAA, they should not be able to just like an infantry should not be able to shoot a plane down with their pistol.
    AA still needs buffed.
  • SirBobdk

Which maps? 3 have no aircraft, 1 has no MAA that leaves 5. If Arras the MAA can't cover the majority flags, I seriously doubt the other 4 can camp at spawn and cover the majority of flags.
    No it cant cover from spawn, but it only have to move a little and still be in a safe place. Just like in spawn.
    Point is that right now it covers all the importent flags where airplanes fly.
    Twisted Steel. All But F+G
    Narvik: All But A+B
    Arres: All but D.
    Panzer Storm: All middle flags where the action is.
    Hamada : B+C+D+F.
    But most importen is that you can no longer chase german planes without getting melted by the MAA.
    All the Germans have to do is going back to the MAA.
  • XEN_wunderwaffle
    284 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

they can't cover even half the airspace on any map it's just typical pilot hysteria and tears at being even slightly vulnerable.

Arras has elevation changes and obstacles (the town at E) to where you can't hit planes that are flying low past C, E or F from outside the German spawn near A/B. Honestly my plane kill counts on that map are usually lower than Narvik or Twisted Steel (you can farm lots of infantry on A and B, though).

I guess you can hit turnips who refuse to acknowledge your existence but that's called pilot error
  • mrtwotimes
    642 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you're worried about your individual stats more than all else, you already lost the battle.
  • SirBobdk
    mrtwotimes wrote: »
    If you're worried about your individual stats more than all else, you already lost the battle.
    If you mean as pilot. Not at all. It has never been more easy to farm infantry in the ju88 or Stuka with a buddy in the MAA.
  • PrecisionWing
    601 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

No it cant cover from spawn, but it only have to move a little and still be in a safe place. Just like in spawn.
    But most importen is that you can no longer chase german planes without getting melted by the MAA.

No need to argue with them. They only have very limited time in both planes and aa tank.
    You cant wake someone who is pretending to sleep.
  • SirBobdk

No need to argue with them. They only have very limited time in both planes and aa tank.
    You cant wake someone who is pretending to sleep.
    Naa, your right.
    Dice probably also sees that it is ridiculous, and imo it will certainly be changed in the next patch.
  • TamKingski
    1721 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If 26-0 is your basis on balance then the planes that i see regularly in-game that go 30/40/50+ and 0 you must also think they are "way too powerful" too,yes?
  • EoG_Alchemist
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    And yet I just finished a match where the enemy pilot went 74-0. The AA did not do enough damage before the bomber just destroyed the AA. No vehicle should be that imbalanced without a hard counter.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And yet I just finished a match where the enemy pilot went 74-0. The AA did not do enough damage before the bomber just destroyed the AA. No vehicle should be that imbalanced without a hard counter.

While I think bombing is far too easy and bombers shouldn't be in the game in the first place, the hard counter for bombers are fighters. The problem is that fighters get absolutely shredded by mobile AA right now and can't take down the bomber if he has a buddy in a mobile aa or even stationary AA defending him.
    Also most of these high scores seem to happen on modes like GO and Breakthrough, where the problem isn't the planes but the mode that forces people into very small areas. Plus, as I learned on breakthough, planes can only spawn while certain sectors are active, but if there is a good pilot that survives until those sectors are taken, he can fly until the end of the round, whike the opponents can no longer spawn a plane....
  • EoG_Alchemist
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

While I think bombing is far too easy and bombers shouldn't be in the game in the first place, the hard counter for bombers are fighters. The problem is that fighters get absolutely shredded by mobile AA right now and can't take down the bomber if he has a buddy in a mobile aa or even stationary AA defending him.
    Also most of these high scores seem to happen on modes like GO and Breakthrough, where the problem isn't the planes but the mode that forces people into very small areas. Plus, as I learned on breakthough, planes can only spawn while certain sectors are active, but if there is a good pilot that survives until those sectors are taken, he can fly until the end of the round, whike the opponents can no longer spawn a plane....

Yup. Unfortunately this was on Breakthrough and even worse on Hamada....
  • PrecisionWing
    601 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TamKingski wrote: »
    If 26-0 is your basis on balance then the planes that i see regularly in-game that go 30/40/50+ and 0 you must also think they are "way too powerful" too,yes?

if that's a very good pilot, then I dont see any problems here, in addition, as a very good pilot myself, I can tell you that the only reason plane can get that "30/40/50:0" after the recent patch, it's the entire enemy team allowed it. I mean you can see from the video how crazy MAA is, so even after that pilot getting over 30:0. none of the other team, not even a single one of them, tried to do something about it? Jump in an aa tank and shoot it down from the other side of the map, my video showed how easy it is.

If one vehicle requires skill to get huge amount of kills, and that operator manged to achieve that, there is nothing wrong. I got shot down by a tank, not AA, in Hamada, 3 times in a single round, by the same guy, who eventually got 30+:0. Im fine with that, and typed "NICE SHOT" each time he achieved that amazing hit.

But MAA is a totally different story, im a total tank noob, just like many other rookies who are abusing this vehicle after the patch. You dont even need to fully unlock it to crash enemy planes, and camping it near base is a relaxing experience, just point and shoot.