One single Round, 18 planes destroyed, 26kills, 0 death. This vehicle is way too powerful.

Comments

• Shrediron
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One single round 83 players killed, multiple tanks (at least 15) and took little to no damage.

BUFF AA and MAA

211uzib.jpg

• EoG_Alchemist
    75 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TamKingski wrote: »
    If 26-0 is your basis on balance then the planes that i see regularly in-game that go 30/40/50+ and 0 you must also think they are "way too powerful" too,yes?

if that's a very good pilot, then I dont see any problems here, in addition, as a very good pilot myself, I can tell you that the only reason plane can get that "30/40/50:0" after the recent patch, it's the entire enemy team allowed it. I mean you can see from the video how crazy MAA is, so even after that pilot getting over 30:0. none of the other team, not even a single one of them, tried to do something about it? Jump in an aa tank and shoot it down from the other side of the map, my video showed how easy it is.

If one vehicle requires skill to get huge amount of kills, and that operator manged to achieve that, there is nothing wrong. I got shot down by a tank, not AA, in Hamada, 3 times in a single round, by the same guy, who eventually got 30+:0. Im fine with that, and typed "NICE SHOT" each time he achieved that amazing hit.

But MAA is a totally different story, im a total tank noob, just like many other rookies who are abusing this vehicle after the patch. You dont even need to fully unlock it to crash enemy planes, and camping it near base is a relaxing experience, just point and shoot.

The only way the "if they are a good enough pilot" works is 1: If there was an actuall skill based matchmaking and 2: If an equally or even better skilled player not in a plane can take them out.
  • Ameriken05
    335 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DingoKillr wrote: »
    Ameriken05 wrote: »
    The problem has always been the ability for players/vehicles to retreat to an out-of-bounds area time and time again. It has been a problem in BF for a while. I'm all for protecting a spawn area but you should have limited opportunity to engage the enemy from it, much less retreat back into it. Vehicles, specifically MAA have abused it for years. And though a good air team might be able to counter an AA, the game is probably better designed for ground units to take out MAA (i.e. assault or tanks). Near impossible for them when the MAA can retreat back into its timeout like a trapdoor spider...

No more out of bounds - spawn areas should be a non-combat bubble and once you leave them it's game on.
    What MAA abuses out of bounds, you guys are kidding. All this whinge about MAA hiding in spawn from ground units and unable to counter with planes, so what the hell are you doing near enemy spawn in a plane anyway?

What about Planes they retreat to out of bounds form ground units because of there much bigger combat area, no let's complain about MAA at the other end of the map.

I would argue that the spawn area should be off limits for planes as well (at least to attack) - again it should be a deployment bubble to let people spawn and move out into the battlefield, nothing more. But it shouldn't be this sanctuary that vehicle griefers can run away to, or engage enemies that can't engage it back. That's just lame, and it's been happening in every battlefield. Come out and fight! There should never be a case where someone can engage you from an inaccessible area. Tanks do it, MAA does it, snipers do it - it's obnoxious.
  • MOSSAD-RECRUITER
    264 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 5
    Fly high with heavy bomber. Equipped with fast repairs (if shot at), speed upgrade (for faster approach) and max bombs. Dive almost vertically against the AA tank (thats where the driver usually don't look), aim, and drop both loads. Rekt.
  • oX_-oBIGBOSS-FoX
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    edited February 5
    Shrediron wrote: »
    One single round 83 players killed, multiple tanks (at least 15) and took little to no damage.

BUFF AA and MAA

211uzib.jpg
    Went 3-7 and picked an AA tank instead of a spitfire to counter ju88. Buff blueberry plz.
  • Shrediron
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

BUFF AA and MAA

211uzib.jpg
    Went 3-7 and picked an AA tank instead of a spitfire to counter ju88. Buff blueberry plz.

Its called Mobile Anti-Aircraft for a reason, you must have missed the memo.
  • SirBobdk
    3724 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

BUFF AA and MAA

211uzib.jpg

Sorry m8, but the maa have become a low skill vehicle for players who cant fly or dont want to fly.
    Bombers are the most easy vehicle to kill in a fighter. They are sitting ducks even for a bad fighter pilot.
  • Hawxxeye
    4848 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    SirBobdk wrote: »

BUFF AA and MAA

211uzib.jpg

Sorry m8, but the maa have become a low skill vehicle for players who cant fly or dont want to fly.
    Bombers are the most easy vehicle to kill in a fighter. They are sitting ducks even for a bad fighter pilot.
    will there ever be a proper rock paper scissors relationship between fighter, bomber and AA?
  • SirSouthpaw
    87 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    painfull to watch, but it's the hard truth..
    Overpowered it is, and it sux
  • SirBobdk
    3724 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »
    SirBobdk wrote: »

BUFF AA and MAA

211uzib.jpg

will there ever be a proper rock paper scissors relationship between fighter, bomber and AA?
    I hope so. Its not that hard if Dice know what they are doing.
    The player base has an infantry mentality. Vehicles have been strong in all BF for the past 16 years and needed team play to take down. That has been the whole idea behind BF. Now every beginner can destroy a plane or a tank. There was a reason why there were only a few planes/tanks.
    With that being said BF have the worse balance ever. I am also aware that aircraft should be balanced, but that should have been the priority and not just creating a low skill MAA where you can drink coffee with one hand and kill planes with the other.
  • CFalch
    70 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The Valentine is actually balanced, Oerlikon sucks so i just use stock gun. The Wirbelwind on the other hand is OP, it shreds so fast i couldn't believe it when i was shot down. Spawned in one myself and behold, it shreds spitfires in seconds, bombers aswell. Ostwind is not as effective as Wirbelwind which means that the Wirbelwind is horribly unbalanced and they have had to make a mistake when they tried to fix AA last patch.
  • full951
    2328 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    well that settles it OP. thank you for your contribution, you shall receive an in game medal and special dog tags for all to see.
  • TheSacar
    1005 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    CFalch wrote: »
    The Valentine is actually balanced, Oerlikon sucks so i just use stock gun. The Wirbelwind on the other hand is OP, it shreds so fast i couldn't believe it when i was shot down. Spawned in one myself and behold, it shreds spitfires in seconds, bombers aswell. Ostwind is not as effective as Wirbelwind which means that the Wirbelwind is horribly unbalanced and they have had to make a mistake when they tried to fix AA last patch.

The Valentine is balanced against planes - specifically bombers and stukas, fighters take a bit too much damage but its still manageable. But it isn't balanced. It is way to effective against armor and the case rounds just have to be a joke. A 40 shot laser accurate high caliber shotgun? On a tank? Really?
  • CloneTrooperCT
    217 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GOOD! Hope they buff AA more. Just finished a round of breakthru, guy went 101-10 spamming the flag with JU. Tired of the no skill scrubs spamming the pin.

No!! No buff. I could even destroy them easy with stationary AA. Just use them or fire a panzerfaust
  • WinterWarhurst
    1318 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    don't see the problem. I could go 26-0 in a prepatch scrubfire while eating a sammich and making a phone call. Still can if I've got a wingman on comms.

anyway it can't cover the whole map. Maybe 1/4 at a time on Twisted Steel and the bridge gets in the way all the time.

Sweatfires don't go past their own team's flags until the MAA is taken down by bombers/ground, and they'll never be hurt.

But god forbid I can't spawnrape the German plane spawn 24/7 and bombers might survive more than 4 seconds.

GTFO you’re just a troll that has no clue what he’s talking about.

The Wirbelwind can cover far more than 1/4 of the map if well placed.

It is basically a fact that the Wirbelwind is bugged. It is dealing double blast damage because the barrels are coded in pairs of 2s, and guess what, they made a mistake in the game files. It has been shown in other posts. It’s why the TTK vs fighters and bombers is so insane currently... It is an anomaly even against the other AA, and against its own upgrades.

Besides your hyperbole about your hypothetical performance in the Spitfire is pure fantasy according to your stats as another user pointed out.

Go troll elsewhere...

I’ve spent entire rounds in the Wirbelwind recently, not a single plane survived, I one burst basically every single one, it’s blatantly broken, to argue otherwise is madness.
  • okiie_918
    108 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Been farming the MAA it's pretty easy to kill with x2 fighters or one bomber and a fighter or a stuka... TBH I do nothing but fly planes, flew solo mostly till this patch. Now I'm forced to play with friends and it's even better than before! Having to work together is battlefield and has always what made it fun imho! Not everyone can get in a plane and own the sky and if you're a real pilot you be grateful they fixed the planes and we're not flying buses anymore! If anything German MAA toned a lil down on fighters up close just a little bit if at all! SAA is perfect! Together they're pretty tough force! I'm loving it that you think the MAA is OP makes it even more fun when I kill you in it cause you can't pull a plane!!! 😉
  • PrecisionWing
    602 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    don't see the problem. I could go 26-0 in a prepatch scrubfire while eating a sammich and making a phone call. Still can if I've got a wingman on comms.

anyway it can't cover the whole map. Maybe 1/4 at a time on Twisted Steel and the bridge gets in the way all the time.

Sweatfires don't go past their own team's flags until the MAA is taken down by bombers/ground, and they'll never be hurt.

But god forbid I can't spawnrape the German plane spawn 24/7 and bombers might survive more than 4 seconds.

GTFO you’re just a troll that has no clue what he’s talking about.

The Wirbelwind can cover far more than 1/4 of the map if well placed.

It is basically a fact that the Wirbelwind is bugged. It is dealing double blast damage because the barrels are coded in pairs of 2s, and guess what, they made a mistake in the game files. It has been shown in other posts. It’s why the TTK vs fighters and bombers is so insane currently... It is an anomaly even against the other AA, and against its own upgrades.

Besides your hyperbole about your hypothetical performance in the Spitfire is pure fantasy according to your stats as another user pointed out.

Go troll elsewhere...

I’ve spent entire rounds in the Wirbelwind recently, not a single plane survived, I one burst basically every single one, it’s blatantly broken, to argue otherwise is madness.

the best way is to just ignore him, and he willl leave by himself.
  • eMartinez
    173 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    AA obviously needs more range. They won't be balanced until they can kill planes flying on Fjell while they are playing Narvik.

This game sucks. So much potential, what a waste.
  • PrecisionWing
    602 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    eMartinez wrote: »
    AA obviously needs more range. They won't be balanced until they can kill planes flying on Fjell while they are playing Narvik.

I thought it should be from Hamada
  • DingoKillr
    3392 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    eMartinez wrote: »

There are a few issue that make things unbalanced,
    1) Spawn times 90s v 360s
    2) The number of threats planes(small) v tanks(large)

Yet some how a single MAA is such a massive threat to the smallest planes, so what need to think a bit more. It is like those saying Tanks should not attack solo.

Here is a meta. Bombers are meant to cross into enemy air space to attack. Fighters are there to stop and chase the bomber as AA can not do enough damage to stop the bomber. AA is then used to stop the chasing fighter saving the bomber.

It has elements of supporting the team, but meta like fighters can destroy any AA solo should not exist, that gives fighter to much power.