I know they say you can't hack an Xbox

Comments

• Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Something that I would like to actually point out partially because a friend of mine admitted it to me but there are actually ways to technically cheat on the consoles and I've been looking into the "How It Works" mainly to look out for it.

So I've been talking to the guy for a while about gaming in general and It's always been fun and constructive. I play on the Xbox pretty casually and I've played a few PC games where I've ran into clear hackers before. I did run into a hacker of some sort on Xbox one BF4 but that's a different story in it's own and I don't entirely care because it's the far past. Basing our conversations though with gaming he should've been able to pick up on the idea that I hate when someone has an unfair advantage in a game via cheating or some sort of exploit. He then flat out told me that he had a special modded controller that Lord Knows How it works, I'm not a technological genius in any way, but the way he described it is that he never needed to pull left trigger (ADS) because the controller does something to ADS for him whenever an enemy would cross his crosshair. Now Call me mean, but old habits die hard but I put him on blast immediately like I would when someone would question why I can't let them put paint thinner on their bare hands to wash paint off. After typing that I just realized a similar correlation between the two unintentionally, so I will use it. Cheating is Toxic for gaming, it ruins the game for others and makes you look bad, just like how Paint Thinner Is toxic and incredibly bad for your heath so you shouldn't throw it on your hands like it's cleaner. You may think it work and think it's okay, but it's not especially because of how harmful it is. Now I don't play with the guy, nor do I plan on playing with him after finding that out, but the fact that he thought it would be totally cool to just up and gloat about finding a way to cheat on a console would be okay. I'm not going to drop names, or report him or anything, If It ain't gunna kill me, I'm not going to worry about it too hard, but what I am trying to say is.

Be cautious when playing Consoles because even though they are quite rare, there still are cheaters out there on console. They just have to be more creative than PC cheaters.

Sounds like it could be the CronusMax. After 5 min of research, I found that the CronusMax allows for some controller programming:
    1) scripts - which are controller modifications
    2) game packs - which are prepackaged scripts specific to certain games

Here is s link to the Battlefield V Gamepak page and forum:
    http://cronusmax.com/forums/showthread.php/191039-Battlefield-V-GamePack

I can’t seem to find any reviews of whether the product works well, but it is certainly discouraging if this garbage works as advertised.

It’s too bad Microsoft can’t detect this stuff, and shut it down remotely. I’d imagine it’s like a jail broken Firestick, so the owners constantly have to keep upgrading their firmware to stay ahead of the game.
  • full951
    2405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    Something that I would like to actually point out partially because a friend of mine admitted it to me but there are actually ways to technically cheat on the consoles and I've been looking into the "How It Works" mainly to look out for it.

So I've been talking to the guy for a while about gaming in general and It's always been fun and constructive. I play on the Xbox pretty casually and I've played a few PC games where I've ran into clear hackers before. I did run into a hacker of some sort on Xbox one BF4 but that's a different story in it's own and I don't entirely care because it's the far past. Basing our conversations though with gaming he should've been able to pick up on the idea that I hate when someone has an unfair advantage in a game via cheating or some sort of exploit. He then flat out told me that he had a special modded controller that Lord Knows How it works, I'm not a technological genius in any way, but the way he described it is that he never needed to pull left trigger (ADS) because the controller does something to ADS for him whenever an enemy would cross his crosshair. Now Call me mean, but old habits die hard but I put him on blast immediately like I would when someone would question why I can't let them put paint thinner on their bare hands to wash paint off. After typing that I just realized a similar correlation between the two unintentionally, so I will use it. Cheating is Toxic for gaming, it ruins the game for others and makes you look bad, just like how Paint Thinner Is toxic and incredibly bad for your heath so you shouldn't throw it on your hands like it's cleaner. You may think it work and think it's okay, but it's not especially because of how harmful it is. Now I don't play with the guy, nor do I plan on playing with him after finding that out, but the fact that he thought it would be totally cool to just up and gloat about finding a way to cheat on a console would be okay. I'm not going to drop names, or report him or anything, If It ain't gunna kill me, I'm not going to worry about it too hard, but what I am trying to say is.

Be cautious when playing Consoles because even though they are quite rare, there still are cheaters out there on console. They just have to be more creative than PC cheaters.

Sounds like it could be the CronusMax. After 5 min of research, I found that the CronusMax allows for some controller programming:

I can’t seem to find any reviews of whether the product works well, but it is certainly discouraging if this garbage works as advertised.

It’s too bad Microsoft can’t detect this stuff, and shut it down remotely. I’d imagine it’s like a jail broken Firestick, so the owners constantly have to keep upgrading their firmware to stay ahead of the game.

aren't you posting links to cheats and should be punished for doing so? from my forum experiences anytime someone links to cheats they get the jail cage around their avatar
  • SWCC9517
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So you just admitted that there's cheats out there.
  • Nummydoughnuts
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    SWCC9517 wrote: »
    So you just admitted that there's cheats out there.

They exist and are quite real, it's just that for the Xbox or PS4 folks have to get more creative about it. I also seem to be getting sunken cost vibes from it. Sounds expensive and like a lot of work, two things that aren't exactly a commodity for me. Rather spend my spare time just playing a game and not being a dingus ruining fun for others.
  • Mishkin37
    678 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »

aren't you posting links to cheats and should be punished for doing so? from my forum experiences anytime someone links to cheats they get the jail cage around their avatar

Ha! C’mon, man. Are you tattling on me?

I Googled Cronus Max and posted the trash I found.

There are 3 pages of supposition in this thread about whether or not these controllers exist. I figured it was time to look into it, rather than just go on anecdotal stories.

The folks who buy these are ruining the game for everyone, and I’d love to see Microsoft eradicate these devices. But if you think I’m the problem, then that’s your MO.
  • Nummydoughnuts
    31 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Yeah I actually had no idea that someone could do this until he told me and then I immediately went to good ol' LT google to satiate my curiosity before giving him a good shouting.

Cheating is one of those things that I've never figured out why anyone would enjoy it in a multiplayer game because of the fact that it basically "Strips" the fun and challenge from the game. I buy Battlefield games mainly for ye old large scale combat and environmental destruction, I honestly couldn't care if I have a high K.D or I'm good at the game or anything like that. I just wanna have fun, have fun with friends if they play it, and if I score good "Oh that's cool, I did good." and keep playing. Battlefield V doesn't exactly get me that fill at the moment, but I see potential.

Hopefully >_>
  • StarscreamUK
    7239 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    there is no supposition about if the controllers exist. they emulate key presses. they cant read from the game nor can they read from the screen, so the controller cant know when someone is in front of the crosshairs.

when people are referring to cheats on consoles, they are referring to esp/aimbots/chameleon etc, these are not currently available. The host system has to be broken for this to happen, sure there are exploits to allow homebrew to run, but nothing at the level where you'd get a game running on the latest kernel with homebrew running without it being detected
  • Nummydoughnuts
    there is no supposition about if the controllers exist. they emulate key presses. they cant read from the game nor can they read from the screen, so the controller cant know when someone is in front of the crosshairs.

when people are referring to cheats on consoles, they are referring to esp/aimbots/chameleon etc, these are not currently available. The host system has to be broken for this to happen, sure there are exploits to allow homebrew to run, but nothing at the level where you'd get a game running on the latest kernel with homebrew running without it being detected

Oddly enough though that is exactly how my friend described the way his controller would work. It would allow him to ADS when enemies crossed his path (or his crosshairs) as he said specifically without him having to actually hold Left Trigger to ADS, and his right trigger essentially "Full autos" all weapons along with with the controller being able to compensate for the recoil of weapons in game. Like I said I'm no technological genius so I wouldn't know how this work. The most I can do is troubleshoot helo computer stuff which is an entirely different beast of a computer from consoles or PC. Trouble shootin trees that go an entire eight hours of work, before telling you "No" at the end forcing you to start over.
  • full951
    2405 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

There are 3 pages of supposition in this thread about whether or not these controllers exist. I figured it was time to look into it, rather than just go on anecdotal stories.

The folks who buy these are ruining the game for everyone, and I’d love to see Microsoft eradicate these devices. But if you think I’m the problem, then that’s your MO.

I'm not tatting on you. there's nothing to tattle about. that's the point. you know damn well posting to cheats receives action by the mods
  • full951

that's the point. there's nothing to tat on.
  • Mishkin37

Yeah I actually had no idea that someone could do this until he told me and then I immediately went to good ol' LT google to satiate my curiosity before giving him a good shouting.

Cheating is one of those things that I've never figured out why anyone would enjoy it in a multiplayer game because of the fact that it basically "Strips" the fun and challenge from the game. I buy Battlefield games mainly for ye old large scale combat and environmental destruction, I honestly couldn't care if I have a high K.D or I'm good at the game or anything like that. I just wanna have fun, have fun with friends if they play it, and if I score good "Oh that's cool, I did good." and keep playing. Battlefield V doesn't exactly get me that fill at the moment, but I see potential.

Hopefully >_>

My hope is that these devices are terribly broken. I hope they cause a great degree of input lag. I hope they make your Xbox run like garbage. I hope they erase all of your achievements, except for the ones you earned playing Sneak King. I hope they give you male-pattern baldness and do not discriminate based upon gender.

A guy can hope...

• Mr_Tinman08
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11

Cheating on PS4, I'm sure it could be done on Xbox if you could be bothered to spend the time and money setting it up.

Linked removed containing usernames. Naming and shaming is not permitted ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
  • asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    I was just about to post about that video but wasn't sure if it could be posted as the YouTuber doesn't hide the cheats name.
    Glad it says hacking is not possible. Cheats will always exist.
    Hopefully EA will take action against the cheat, from now on I'll be sure to kick any inactive players from my squad just in case.
    Post edited by asittingduck on
  • EA_Rtas
    364 postsMember, EA Staff, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, EA Moderator, Battlefield V
    It's been said before folks, don't post videos containing usernames/gamertags of people accused of cheating. if you want to post the video the names have to be censored out. Naming and shaming isn't permitted, reporting the player through your platform is the way to get the names to the Devs not posting videos to the forums.
  • Nummydoughnuts

Hopefully >_>

My hope is that these devices are terribly broken. I hope they cause a great degree of input lag. I hope they make your Xbox run like garbage. I hope they erase all of your achievements, except for the ones you earned playing Sneak King. I hope they give you male-pattern baldness and do not discriminate based upon gender.

A guy can hope...

I told my friend I hope he steps in a puddle of cold water while wearing clean socks, and his controller gets "Stick Drift". If there is one thing that makes me angry with a controller, it's when they start to have stick Drift.
  • Mr_Tinman08
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA_Rtas wrote: »
    It's been said before folks, don't post videos containing usernames/gamertags of people accused of cheating. if you want to post the video the names have to be censored out. Naming and shaming isn't permitted, reporting the player through your platform is the way to get the names to the Devs not posting videos to the forums.

The games rife with cheaters, the video I posted named someone who is obviously still getting away with it. Seems reporting does very little.
  • Aflag666
    139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    At the end of the day, I know there are so many variables that give people the upper hand on me when gaming. Most of those variables have to do with ability. Some have to do with internet connections. And some are technological "advantages" due to things like modded controllers (which are a thing for sure). Then there are going to be those variables I don't know about or haven't even thought of. What all of these variables have in common is that there is really nothing I can do about them. So I accept this and go into a game not really worrying about them. If I focused on all the things giving people advantage over me I would never turn my Xbox on as the list could be endless. Being middle aged alone is a disadvantage in some games where quick reflexes rule the day. Should I just not play those games even though I'm interested in doing so? Nope, I go in knowing my biggest disadvantage and look for old man work arounds to make up for my slower reflexes and waining vision.
    But let's just look at "cheating" and for arguments sake, let's say it is possible on console. My attitude is...So what? If someone is cheating, or even using found exploits (Hainan Resort elevator glitching anyone?) I don't (exploits) or would not (straight cheating) let it make me rage daily nor stop me from playing and giving it my all to have fun. Yes it is annoying, but the person glitching or cheating obviously has some sort of confidence issue or they wouldn't be need a dishonset crutch to enjoy themselves. So I try not to let such a sad person effect me negatively. Because I know I'm not being beat by a person. I'm being beaten by technology. And since I refuse to cheat or exploit to do well, I simply will not be able to fight fire with fire so to speak. I can leave the game or suck it up and move forward, accepting there is a toxic player in the round and not getting too upset if that player bests me. Now I am human and it does sometimes weight on me when I see player using exploits that, to me is the same as cheating, but technically is not cheating in the way we are discussing here. And if it ever becomes confirmed there are ways to staright up cheat on console, I'll be a bit bummed about that as well for I always prefer a fair fight. But anytime I get so worked up I'm really annoyed or even angry, instead of kicking the cat, slapping the neighbor or throwing my Xbox out the window, I reflect on why I'm so angry. And usually I end up a bit ashamed I let such a dishonest and sad stranger ruin my experience. Because that's who to blame in the end for not having fun.............myself. Only I can choose to enjoy myself or let something ruin my experience in the end (agreed it's easier said than done, and that goes for me along with everyone else). Not to mention it is a bit shameful I let a game also get me so worked up.
    Just my 2 cents guys and gals, but when I see so many people getting a bit worked up on a topic, and then realize the person or persons who triggered the angst are even aware this discussion exists because of how their gameplay negatively affected someone, I feel like we need to have a new perspective to possibly mull over. Epscially since the current argument is unwinnable by either side at this point. We all have our own opinons on this topic; but it also seems we are united on the most important point............. we here do not condone, nor participate in cheating, exploits or any other unfair advantage when we are gaming. So why get angry at each other over people who are not even part of the conversation? I suspect if one of those people were here, they would tell us all where we could go and continue their ways until they were banned without one iota of regret or shame. Then start a new account and do it all over again. Typically those who would use an unfair advantage do not care what anyone else thinks anyway.

Feel free to purchase the above book in hard copy, or any other books by Aflag666 from your favorite literary outlet/vendor. Signed copies can be obtained by sending 1,000 Valentine's and a polite request, as well as the book you want signed, to me. All postage must be pre-paid!!!!

Just kidding all, I just realized how much I wrote and I apologize for the unwanted sermon. ;)
  • sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Aflag666 wrote: »
    At the end of the day, I know there are so many variables that give people the upper hand on me when gaming. Most of those variables have to do with ability. Some have to do with internet connections. And some are technological "advantages" due to things like modded controllers (which are a thing for sure). Then there are going to be those variables I don't know about or haven't even thought of. What all of these variables have in common is that there is really nothing I can do about them. So I accept this and go into a game not really worrying about them. If I focused on all the things giving people advantage over me I would never turn my Xbox on as the list could be endless. Being middle aged alone is a disadvantage in some games where quick reflexes rule the day. Should I just not play those games even though I'm interested in doing so? Nope, I go in knowing my biggest disadvantage and look for old man work arounds to make up for my slower reflexes and waining vision.
    But let's just look at "cheating" and for arguments sake, let's say it is possible on console. My attitude is...So what? If someone is cheating, or even using found exploits (Hainan Resort elevator glitching anyone?) I don't (exploits) or would not (straight cheating) let it make me rage daily nor stop me from playing and giving it my all to have fun. Yes it is annoying, but the person glitching or cheating obviously has some sort of confidence issue or they wouldn't be need a dishonset crutch to enjoy themselves. So I try not to let such a sad person effect me negatively. Because I know I'm not being beat by a person. I'm being beaten by technology. And since I refuse to cheat or exploit to do well, I simply will not be able to fight fire with fire so to speak. I can leave the game or suck it up and move forward, accepting there is a toxic player in the round and not getting too upset if that player bests me. Now I am human and it does sometimes weight on me when I see player using exploits that, to me is the same as cheating, but technically is not cheating in the way we are discussing here. And if it ever becomes confirmed there are ways to staright up cheat on console, I'll be a bit bummed about that as well for I always prefer a fair fight. But anytime I get so worked up I'm really annoyed or even angry, instead of kicking the cat, slapping the neighbor or throwing my Xbox out the window, I reflect on why I'm so angry. And usually I end up a bit ashamed I let such a dishonest and sad stranger ruin my experience. Because that's who to blame in the end for not having fun.............myself. Only I can choose to enjoy myself or let something ruin my experience in the end (agreed it's easier said than done, and that goes for me along with everyone else). Not to mention it is a bit shameful I let a game also get me so worked up.
    Just my 2 cents guys and gals, but when I see so many people getting a bit worked up on a topic, and then realize the person or persons who triggered the angst are even aware this discussion exists because of how their gameplay negatively affected someone, I feel like we need to have a new perspective to possibly mull over. Epscially since the current argument is unwinnable by either side at this point. We all have our own opinons on this topic; but it also seems we are united on the most important point............. we here do not condone, nor participate in cheating, exploits or any other unfair advantage when we are gaming. So why get angry at each other over people who are not even part of the conversation? I suspect if one of those people were here, they would tell us all where we could go and continue their ways until they were banned without one iota of regret or shame. Then start a new account and do it all over again. Typically those who would use an unfair advantage do not care what anyone else thinks anyway.

Feel free to purchase the above book in hard copy, or any other books by Aflag666 from your favorite literary outlet/vendor. Signed copies can be obtained by sending 1,000 Valentine's and a polite request, as well as the book you want signed, to me. All postage must be pre-paid!!!!

Just kidding all, I just realized how much I wrote and I apologize for the unwanted sermon. ;)

Flag...quit playing yourself down as a middle aged non-reflex having gamer! Lol...you are a total beast man. im 40 myself and also suffer from slow reflexes and bad vision.

But, we do have a small advantage over a lot of younger players in another category which in my mind helps to balance things out...and that’s years and years of playing FPS games (since The James Bond Goldeneye LAN tournaments I had in college back in 1998) and the “tactical awareness” that has developed as a result.

Frankly, I can’t stand cheating like most others but I really like your perspective. I think the same mentality can also be applied over the rest of the problems that plague gaming in general and BF5. Server issues, netcode problems, bugs, glitches, etc.

I am learning to accept that all of these things exist and there’s nothing I can do about it. If I’m being honest, I have complained too much about game issues and let it frustrate me too much. The “throwing my Xbox out the window” and letting a distant stranger ruin my experience totally hit home...

If I’m being honest...I’ve been guilty of that, **** about server issues, lag, hit detection and everything else that doesn’t go my way and this is so incredibly stupid.

After reading this post I can tell you that this is the right way to look at these topics.

Can we still have fun?...absolutely. Especially when I squad up with the likes of you guys. I had a lot of fun playing with you all and think this game is so much better with a squad. Helps me to overcome a lot of the “challenges”

Appreciate the perspective....

• Mishkin37
    I’ve witnessed a lot of toxic interactions in these forums, indiscriminate of the current Battlefield title. It doesn’t matter which game we’re playing; the posts always hit on the same themes: glitches, DLC, hacking, lack of content, etc.

I’m guilty of that negativity. Oftentimes, I’m more interested in being right and proving my point than taking part in purposeful conversation.

With that said, there have been a few recent threads that have really brought out the best in this community, and I would include the last couple of posts in that mix.

At the end of the day, we’re all in this boat together, no matter how broken it is. Thanks for your perspectives @Aflag666 and @sbvaughn88.

• sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’ve witnessed a lot of toxic interactions in these forums, indiscriminate of the current Battlefield title. It doesn’t matter which game we’re playing; the posts always hit on the same themes: glitches, DLC, hacking, lack of content, etc.

I’m guilty of that negativity. Oftentimes, I’m more interested in being right and proving my point than taking part in purposeful conversation.

With that said, there have been a few recent threads that have really brought out the best in this community, and I would include the last couple of posts in that mix.

At the end of the day, we’re all in this boat together, no matter how broken it is. Thanks for your perspectives @Aflag666 and @sbvaughn88.

Appreciate your perspective as well @Mishkin37

Very well said. I think we are headed in a positive direction. I’d really like to see is all pull together as a group and start laying down the pain in matches together...

...But I might be getting ahead of myself. Lol

I have played with @sabersun who is a fantastic guy and excellent team player and I had the pleasure of playing with @Aflag666 and some of his group and my fun level increased dramatically. I also played better than I do flying solo.

I’d venture to say any of us would have more fun playing with other competent players. This game in particular is brutal when trying to “lone wolf” and is so much more fun and rewarding as a squad.

There is a place for everyone whether you think your good or bad. My brother is new to FPS games and struggles with getting kills but he is a beast of a medic and awesome at repairing tanks.

So let’s make it happen....I get on around 9:00-9:30 every night on east coast and play as much as I can on weekends.

I think if everyone started playing together more often, you’d forget about a lot of the problems and start having a blast...this was the case for me anyways.

Hope to see you guys on the battlefield!

My gamer tag is EazyBreezyVeezy.