There are indeed cheaters on console in this game!

Comments

• DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Personally speaking, I would not consider it to be cheating.

It is a gray area though, since there are things you can do with peripherals that you otherwise would not be able to do ( e.g rapid fire ).

The counter argument though is that those peripherals are available to buy from any decent brick and mortar store ( physical stores ) and of course through the company's own vendor website store pages.

But again, those devices wont make you better nor will it turn you into a modern day Rambo going 70-1

Well, your second sentence, is the whole argument lol. The purpose of it, is to go beyond the peripherals. And will i go 70/1 with that thing? Well, if i camp like i am, with that device and what it provides, i can certainly do better than my current 12/5 lol. I'd just camp, auto spot with my non scoped bolt action with almost no recoil, and just keep popping them. So, i just need word, that like what everyone says, that it's not cheating, and lets get this done.
    An anti-recoil script is not allowed. It violates EA's ToS, see this thread:
    https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/176304/if-i-use-the-script-macro-of-logitech-software-i-wii-ban-or-not

Cronusmax allows you run scripts, the device itself is just a electronic device, how you use it makes the difference.
  • Loqtrall
    12417 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    @logtrall, is it cheating or not?

No, you can essentially do the same thing with your hands. It literally translates and emulates button presses into keystrokes or other inputs. Like that recoil control, it's definitely possible on controllers and you see pro players doing it all the time in various fps games, but it's not universal for all weapons, especially in BF or Cod where weapons have highly varying recoil patterns.

Literally all the Chronus Max is emulating in that "mod" is slightly pulling down the right analog stick.

Oh ok, so you're saying we can use it, and that it's not all cheating. I mean i'm 53, i don't have the eye/hand coordination for these twitchers.

Now all we need is official word from DICE via the moderator or whomever, and my days of camping on this game, are long over. I got my steady aim, fast recoil, my geweher macnine rapid fire, and auto spot on a game i cant see anyone. So, give me the word, and i'm there.

I'm just saying, even if a moderator responded to you, they're just volunteers that were mostly just former normal forum members. They don't actually work for or represent DICE. You'd be hard pressed to get a response from devs unless you ask them directly on Twitter.

As for me, I hardly consider a macro that fires a semi auto weapon as fast as it can be fired a "cheat" when you can literally do the same thing with your hand by pulling the trigger as fast as possible. Not to mention a ton of semi autos in fps games are worthless outside of point blank range when used at thier highest rof.

And so, i should take your word i;'s not cheating, when the vids show it is? I mean, who am i to say?

But the Moderators work for DICE, and if they give permission, and i use it, and i get banned when you're saying it's not cheating, i need an authority to come back too. But somehow idt they or DICE are gonna give me permission, being it IS CHEATING, no matter how you want to tell us it's not. You were WRONG, and it's not the first time with you btw.

No, if you want an answer from the devs you should ask them. If you don't want to take my word, I couldn't care less.

And the mods don't work for dice, a lot of them are volunteers, it's not a paid position. Only the EA mods with EA next to thier name actually work for EA or DICE. Thier views on it are personal just like anyone else's. Asking a dev like David Sirland or Drunkkz on Twitter would be the best course of action.
  • TEKNOCODE
    11591 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    Regarding being shot through a concrete wall, I'd put my money on a Dice glitch instead of a console hack. There were glitches identified late in BF1's life where you could shoot through stone walls and staircases.

Dat netcode
  • LOLGotYerTags
    14040 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

It is a gray area though, since there are things you can do with peripherals that you otherwise would not be able to do ( e.g rapid fire ).

The counter argument though is that those peripherals are available to buy from any decent brick and mortar store ( physical stores ) and of course through the company's own vendor website store pages.

But again, those devices wont make you better nor will it turn you into a modern day Rambo going 70-1

Well, your second sentence, is the whole argument lol. The purpose of it, is to go beyond the peripherals. And will i go 70/1 with that thing? Well, if i camp like i am, with that device and what it provides, i can certainly do better than my current 12/5 lol. I'd just camp, auto spot with my non scoped bolt action with almost no recoil, and just keep popping them. So, i just need word, that like what everyone says, that it's not cheating, and lets get this done.

That's why I say it's a gray area.

There are some features that you could view as cheating, or at least making something that should be difficult to do, be relatively easy to do.

But then if you have good reflexes you can do literally what the cronus max does ( rapid fire if your reflexes are on point ).

It's entirely subjective imho.

If a 54 year old with poor reflexes uses it, then the argument they could make is that it ensures they're able to compete better against a younger generation of gamer who DO have better reflexes, So in that example it is levelling the playing field for that user.

I could argue that users using a controller on racing games are "cheating" whereas I would use a wheel and pedals to get the benefit of the whole experience, The controller user would have better mobility due to the sticks and all the buttons in approximate reach, Whereas I would have to work the pedals, shift gears with the stick shifter AND use my upper body to turn the wheel.

It can be cheating and it also can't be cheating, depending on what side of the fence you're sat on.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Well, my comment now has to be "approved". Don't know why, so pardon the repeat if it is. But Microsoft or Sony cannot ban a product that is not sold for cheating purposes. As i said, i use it on my PS4 with my 360 controller to play sp games. It's actually an amazing device.

However, it obviously can be used for it, and is.

However, if it's not, and arguments claiming "unless it's hacking, it's not cheating" as many are saying, and my rapid fire, auto spot, and no recoil is not cheating, i think we need to hear from the authorities on the matter, because it IS happening, and probably a lot, being the device costs less than a controller.

So, maybe reaching out to DICE on this matter may be appropriate, and not listening to folks from PC Land who may not have a clue.
  • ElliotLH
    9212 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Well, my comment now has to be "approved". Don't know why, so pardon the repeat if it is.

Generally that forum bug happens when you edit a comment too quickly after posting. If you tag a mod they will be able to restore it.

• LOLGotYerTags
    14040 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    So, maybe reaching out to DICE on this matter may be appropriate, and not listening to folks from PC Land who may not have a clue.

PC users aren't necessarily 100% PC only, The fact that their bf games listed on their accounts are for PC only doesnt mean they dont play other genres on consoles, So probably not a good idea to assume.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    DCSTomcat wrote: »

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/176304/if-i-use-the-script-macro-of-logitech-software-i-wii-ban-or-not

Cronusmax allows you run scripts, the device itself is just a electronic device, how you use it makes the difference.

AH. So it IS cheating. So why are these folks saying it's not. So, we're back to square one. It's not something your own hand can do (i knew all this btw, being i own it, which is why i SAID it lol). What nonsense.

OP, there is obvious cheating on consoles. Do NOT listen to those who say there's not. They''re totally full of it. Lets move on.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6

PC users aren't necessarily 100% PC only, The fact that their bf games listed on their accounts are for PC only doesnt mean they dont play other genres on consoles, So probably not a good idea to assume.

Well, not on this page they didn't know what they were saying. They were wrong. It is cheating as established by the thread provided. Thank you for your participation in our discussion.
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    I think there is a problem at "C" on Aerodrome.

I have seen guys in the wall on the upper level walkway inside the hangar (Just their gun barrel sticking out through the wall).

They can shoot into the hangar from where they are, but you can't shoot them back with regular bullets, you have to dynamite or PIAT them.

I think it is an exploit, or an area of the map where players can get to that DICE never intended.
  • ackers75
    2651 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    DaMutha1 wrote: »
    Regarding being shot through a concrete wall, I'd put my money on a Dice glitch instead of a console hack. There were glitches identified late in BF1's life where you could shoot through stone walls and staircases.

Dat netcode

Yep absolutely atrocious!
  • Jamesonoid
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Even after 3 pages of this thread we still haven't seen any proof of hackers on console.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1615 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    If what was posted above with Cronus, is NOT cheating, i would appreciate if the Moderator and /or DICE says so, gives me permission, and i'll use it. Lets end this argument one way or another. If it's not cheating,and that there is no cheating or way you can on consoles, i'm using it.
    If cronus not cheating, I will start using it too, that anti recoil was insane...
    I suggest you read the terms of service for your platform. PSN specifically states using modified hardware or peripherals is a lifetime ban on your account. I'll try and find the specific part and add it into this comment.

You may not use, make, or distribute unauthorized software or hardware, including Non-Licensed Peripherals and cheat code software or devices that circumvent any security features or limitations included on any software or devices, in conjunction with PSN Services, or take or use any data from PSN Services to design, develop or update unauthorized software or hardware.
  • Vinicarioca
    230 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If what was posted above with Cronus, is NOT cheating, i would appreciate if the Moderator and /or DICE says so, gives me permission, and i'll use it. Lets end this argument one way or another. If it's not cheating,and that there is no cheating or way you can on consoles, i'm using it.
    If cronus not cheating, I will start using it too, that anti recoil was insane...

To me is cheating...
  • WhiteRabbit_swe
    619 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    DCSTomcat wrote: »

AH. So it IS cheating. So why are these folks saying it's not. So, we're back to square one. It's not something your own hand can do (i knew all this btw, being i own it, which is why i SAID it lol). What nonsense.

OP, there is obvious cheating on consoles. Do NOT listen to those who say there's not. They''re totally full of it. Lets move on.
    Yeah, you’re right, it is cheating indeed! I mean, if I could get less recoil using recon SLRs like the ZH-29 or selbst 1906 by using it, then I would slaughter everything too...

If cheating was ”impossible on console”, then why is there a report cheater option... Of course cheating exist on console BFV as well, I see that now...
  • StupidNameHere
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The only argument I hear for cronusmax is "I don't need it so it's ok." Even moderators do the unthinkable and add their opinions without consulting Dice or EA, totally irresponsible. It's cheating to mod the game in your favor in any way (especially those poop stack kb/m console players, you know who you are!)
    Would you want to race against someone with a better car? It's naturally unfair and very unsportsmanlike. Slight advantage is atill an advantage.
    Just because you don't think it effects you (definition of privilege) doesn't mean it's not a problem, it just means you don't care. No one wants to hear the garbage logic "if you can't beat em..."

Though I could tell you what helps Dice and EA decide: Does it make us money?
  • StupidNameHere
    191 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I thought of a better any to put it:

The developers (arguably) balanced the guns to be a certain way. Now people are making great guns better and further requiring another gun balance from Dice.

Is that what you people want, crappier guns?
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The only argument I hear for cronusmax is "I don't need it so it's ok." Even moderators do the unthinkable and add their opinions without consulting Dice or EA, totally irresponsible. It's cheating to mod the game in your favor in any way (especially those poop stack kb/m console players, you know who you are!)
    Would you want to race against someone with a better car? It's naturally unfair and very unsportsmanlike. Slight advantage is atill an advantage.
    Just because you don't think it effects you (definition of privilege) doesn't mean it's not a problem, it just means you don't care. No one wants to hear the garbage logic "if you can't beat em..."

Though I could tell you what helps Dice and EA decide: Does it make us money?

The problem is that there a re legitimate reasons to use certain peripherals on consoles. Ever tried typing anything with a controller? It is the same as on PC, yeah semi-auto macro is not a good thing, but a chat macro or using Teamspeak, or even using certain input devices like a gaming mouse and keyboard are obviously reasonable things to do. That is true for both consoles and PC. It is also not really a relevant issue, people might use this, yes, but like on PC the amount is marginal, and maybe that sort of stuff is even detectable, although I doubt it.
  • oXGeminiXo
    355 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Those adapters also add input lag into the equation which can be very hurtful in a first person shooter especially one with a lower ttk. I seen alot of negative reviews on chronusmax complaining about around a 1 sec lag which would really take away any advantage it gives.