There are indeed cheaters on console in this game!

Comments

• alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    PC-guy here, I think it's an issue with both. They are connected and should be dealt with for all players - the same team on EA's end can do this. They just are not.
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you want to shut up the "there is no cheating on console" flat earth dent heads head over to STK GAMING on youtube and watch his last video. I would have created a new discussion but I've been jailed. Someone else should. Especially if you are as tired as I am of PR firm shills saying there is no or almost no cheating on console.

Put it in General discussion, don't post a link, don't give a name. It clearly shows what a complete farce AC is in both BF1 and BFV.

STK GAMING deserves some serious recognition for his work. If you care about Battlefield you owe it to yourself to check it out.

Right, well, it's already been established there's certainly cheating on consoles, with Cronus and other cheating devices. We're probably beyond that now, to k&m discussions. I personally believe the "flat earth" folks you mentioned (and you're right), are being a bit disengenous at best.

Probably being they're PC folks, that want DICE to focus on cheating over there, and not to put focus on consoles , being it would take away work on their end.

I mean, some of these folks just don't strike me as that stupid to think cheating don't happen on consoles, even with the proof provided right in front of them. So, a bit of lying to meet their purpose, and maybe some trolling on that.

Have you watched the video? It has absolutely nothing to do with MNK. SMK GAMING.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1492 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    If you want to shut up the "there is no cheating on console" flat earth dent heads head over to STK GAMING on youtube and watch his last video. I would have created a new discussion but I've been jailed. Someone else should. Especially if you are as tired as I am of PR firm shills saying there is no or almost no cheating on console.

Put it in General discussion, don't post a link, don't give a name. It clearly shows what a complete farce AC is in both BF1 and BFV.

STK GAMING deserves some serious recognition for his work. If you care about Battlefield you owe it to yourself to check it out.

Right, well, it's already been established there's certainly cheating on consoles, with Cronus and other cheating devices. We're probably beyond that now, to k&m discussions. I personally believe the "flat earth" folks you mentioned (and you're right), are being a bit disengenous at best.

Probably being they're PC folks, that want DICE to focus on cheating over there, and not to put focus on consoles , being it would take away work on their end.

I mean, some of these folks just don't strike me as that stupid to think cheating don't happen on consoles, even with the proof provided right in front of them. So, a bit of lying to meet their purpose, and maybe some trolling on that.

Have you watched the video? It has absolutely nothing to do with MNK.

There's no need for me to watch it. I own Cronus to use my 360 controller on PS4. I already know what it can do, and that there is cheating. I don''t need convincing of that.
  • Jamesonoid
    409 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

There's no need for me to watch it. I own Cronus to use my 360 controller on PS4. I already know what it can do, and that there is cheating. I don''t need convincing of that.

I think Rockin
    is talking about SMK GAMING's video on a player on console who uses ghost accounts on both teams so he could switch teams (boosting win rate) and possibly watching the ghost accounts mini map to know where the enemy is. It has nothing to do with the cronus or other emulators, just a player using multiple accounts in a single match to gain an advantage.
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    alienstout wrote: »

This has been posted many times already. To be fair though, this is a different, more labor intensive, form of cheating. What you are referencing is not controller enhancements or scripts.

No it hasn't, the video just went up yesterday. Why are you following me around telling me what to post?

Are you a mod? please stop.
  • rockin_master

The video isn't about mouse and keyboard.
  • VincentNZ
    3885 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly do not see the problem. Nobody that plays Fifa on PC uses mouse and keyboard, they will have a controller, because it is the better option. I have a PS4 controller on my desk to drive in GTA or for Steep. I can also, within a minute switch from my desk to my TV and play BFV or anything else on there, if I so desire.
    Playing an FPS with a controller is inherently a bad idea, it is like peeling a potato with my fingernail. Allowing keyboard and mouse for the console is the solution to this "problem". There would be no need for adapters and you would still have the added benefit of having a closed system and a cheaper system and you could finally play with precision.
    Even if you like to play on the couch there are easy solutions to that.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6

Was my post about mouse and keyboard? I think there may be a disconnect here lol.
  • BearBone51
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So, if it’s well known that there is cheating then where is the bust for it. Unless they’re uploading or a gameplay streamed how do you catch it? Their “it’s not cheating ‘coz EA/DICE hasnt banned me and inputs tailor expandable button pusher yakety yak” sass mouth punk argument is imo of course why they can’t. Which is as astonishing to me as impressive. Hardware detection has been around for decades soo, does is diguise itself too? The ability to do it with your hands is skill but plugging in a device to do it for you is a cheat. Cheaters arguments are business as usual and an low creative strategy, redefine their actions, invent vocabulary to describe their activity, deny deny deny when caught in a lie.
  • warslag
    1606 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    The fact that this 'issue' just goes on and on show how unhealthy gaming can be.

There should have been a ruling on this and the matter dealt with decisively.

Instead you have people trying to justify cheating and then others trying to gather up evidence some searing logic to defeat that.

Just sort it out. It's not healthy for this to drag on.
  • rockin_master

Was my post about mouse and keyboard? I think there may be a disconnect here lol.

The video isn't about mouse and keyboard or specialty controllers. Happy? I just didn't want people misled by your assumptions. The SMK GAMING video has nothing to do with MNK or specialty controllers. I just didn't want people to get steered away by an erroneous assumption.

No disconnect here, just your obtuseness.
  • JamieCurnock
    727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    warslag wrote: »
    The fact that this 'issue' just goes on and on show how unhealthy gaming can be.

Instead you have people trying to justify cheating and then others trying to gather up evidence some searing logic to defeat that.

I'm totally in the camp of "aimbots etc don't exist on console". When I see evidence to the contrary I'll happily accept I was wrong.

However that smk video on you tube is insane. The guy in the video goes to serious lengths to manipulate the game and various accounts etc. No blatant hacks or anything so you would have to properly look into it to find him cheating, which I'm happy to say smk does very well!

Seriously though, what kind of loser would run multiple ps4's just to manipulate the team make up to give him better odds!
  • rockin_master
    warslag wrote: »

I'm totally in the camp of "aimbots etc don't exist on console". When I see evidence to the contrary I'll happily accept I was wrong.

However that smk video on you tube is insane. The guy in the video goes to serious lengths to manipulate the game and various accounts etc. No blatant hacks or anything so you would have to properly look into it to find him cheating, which I'm happy to say smk does very well!

Seriously though, what kind of loser would run multiple ps4's just to manipulate the team make up to give him better odds!

Why would EA allow it to happen for over two years is a much better question. These exploits aren't new or rare or hard to detect. A cheaters money is just as green as anybody else's and EA knows it so they allow it to happen again and again and again. Everything they say about AC is just a snow job.

Apex Legends just released using Easy Anti Cheat. BFV did not. BF1 did not. That was by choice. By design. Easy Anti Cheat isn't perfect either but it's thousands of times better than BFV's completely ineffective AC.

• LOLGotYerTags
    14032 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Why would EA allow it to happen for over two years is a much better question. These exploits aren't new or rare or hard to detect. A cheaters money is just as green as anybody else's and EA knows it so they allow it to happen again and again and again. Everything they say about AC is just a snow job.

Because there's no foolproof way of knowing whether a person has one ps4, Or multiple ps4's ( besides ip addresses ) but even then, That could be explained away by multiple users living in an apartment with flatmates that split bills between them and like to hang out on BFV together on their own systems.

• rockin_master

Because there's no foolproof way of knowing whether a person has one ps4, Or multiple ps4's ( besides ip addresses ) but even then, That could be explained away by multiple users living in an apartment with flatmates that split bills between them and like to hang out on BFV together on their own systems.

Heh, you quoted a post that got lost to the ether.

Some rando PS4 player had no problem detecting his cheating and proving it... Did you watch the SMK GAMING youtube video? Your reply seems to imply you haven't. The video disproves your one legged argument. You should check it out.
  • JamieCurnock
    727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Exploiting the game by using multiple systems at the same time to give you that advantage is a pretty extravagant method. Bought multiple copies of the game, have multiple ps4's and monitors to use at the same time, not only be playing the game but trying to manage sometimes 3 accounts switching between them to stop them being kicked out the game etc. I mean that's some serious effort just to mask how bad you actually are.

How do EA/dice detect that? They would have to monitor for accounts that have dubious inactive stats (virtually no kills etc) but large playtime indicating they are potentially a ghost account. Then they have to look who the ghost account has as friends to see if they can find a link between the ghost and any possible cheaters.

To counter that the guy just gets some kills and deaths every so often and the ghost account now looks like a bad player rather than a suspicious or inactive one, or better still just makes a new account.

Honestly, it sounds like a mine field, I imagine they can detect hacks that they are seeing on pc. detecting this looks to me to be very manual and labour intensive, I don't think EA are going to pay wages to do that, not for a very small minority of people that go to these lengths.

Don't get me wrong I wish they would but realistically, it's not happening.
  • rockin_master
    edited February 2019

Some rando PS4 player had no problem detecting his cheating and proving it... Did you watch the SMK GAMING youtube video? Your reply seems to imply you haven't. The video disproves your one legged argument. You should check it out.

Actually, I did.

We follow each other on twitter so I'm not unaware of the video.

What I'm saying here, Despite that video showing the lengths that particular user went to, Is that in order to combat that issue, There would need to be a way to find out who is using multiple consoles and joining the same server.

And on TOP of that, There would need to be a way of determining if those 2 consoles are the same player, Or whether or not the 2 consoles are being used by 2 users playing together.

The only logical way of combating this, would be to restrict one console to one user per household, And you know that would be almost impossible to enforce.

Whatever you say chief. You're the boss. Everything you say that can't be accomplished was accomplished in the STK GAMING video by a guy using nothing more than his stock PS4. No need to limit the number of consoles in a house. You're just making things up to fit a narrative. I'm not going to go back and fourth with a mod over a one legged argument.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    Well, lets just give a synopsis of what we've accomplished here on this thread thus far.

The OP claimed cheating was going on, on consoles. He was berrated seemingly, in that folks felt cheating does not exist on consoles.

I and many others, posting vids, now including @rockin master, showing, not only does it exist, but to such an extent, it's even WORSE than PC, in that nothing can really be done, as maybe it can be on the PC platform, being it's more easily detectable, and easier to enforce.

We're making progress lol.
  • JamieCurnock

Actually, I did.

We follow each other on twitter so I'm not unaware of the video.

What I'm saying here, Despite that video showing the lengths that particular user went to, Is that in order to combat that issue, There would need to be a way to find out who is using multiple consoles and joining the same server.

And on TOP of that, There would need to be a way of determining if those 2 consoles are the same player, Or whether or not the 2 consoles are being used by 2 users playing together.

The only logical way of combating this, would be to restrict one console to one user per household, And you know that would be almost impossible to enforce.

Whatever you say chief. You're the boss. Everything you say that can't be accomplished was accomplished in the STK GAMING video. No need to limit the number of consoles in a house. You're just making things up to fit a narrative. I'm not going to go back and fourth with a mod over a one legged argument.

He's actually got a point. He isn't saying it can't be accomplished but since the ghost and genuine account come from the same IP the logical thing is to do something regarding the IP address. Maybe they could potentially monitor accounts from the same IP for activity and then analyse that data to determine if the account is being used genuinely or not, however it's probably quite a manual process.