Very Low FPS // i7 4790k, GTX 970, 32GB RAM

LakitoAMV
4 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Specs in title. I am getting 10-20 fps on every graphic setting (yes, even on low.) I have no clue about what to do. I last played this game about 2 years ago and I had 100+ fps on ultra (with some settings on high). Can anybody help me with this?

Comments

• LakitoAMV
    edited February 4
    And no, I don't have this issue on any other game.
    Overwatch Ultra settings around 105+ fps, Resident Evil 2 Remake Ultra settings 100+ fps, Black Ops 4 High settings 75-80 fps.
  • LakitoAMV
    I did more testing.

Clean installed NVIDIA drivers, didn't work.
    Verified BF1 files, no issues.

Resolution scale %25, all settings low, 30fps.
    Resolution scale %200, all settings ultra, 32 fps (lol)
    DX11/DX12 no difference.

Changing graphics settings doesn't affect my fps at all, what is this sorcery lmao.

• LakitoAMV
    edited February 4
    One last update before I go to sleep, I don't know if this is normal but I just want to point it out, my i7 4790k CPU is at 1,4 GHz while playing BF1, could this be the source of the issue?

Closed the game and it's at 4.2 GHz, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • JRMBelgiumTwitch
    694 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1.4Ghz while it should be running at 4Ghz? Install project Lasso, select Battlefield 1 and select "Induce performance mode" and see if that fixes your problem.
  • Titan_Awaken
    365 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    1.4GHz?

Sounds like you're CPU could be thermal throttling to prevent overheating by downclocking the frequency. Take a close look at your thermals using a monitoring program like MSI Afterburner with Rivatuner.

Also the reason for your higher FPS at 200% resolution scale, Ultra is because the workload is now shifted to your GPU as opposed to your CPU. Your GPU is now the limiting factor at 200% resolution scale.
  • BigF33t_13
    6573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 5
    First check thermals under load before doing anything. If temps are good, go in the windows power settings and select performance mode, although even power savings mode shouldn't throttle you cpu at load. In game, set everything to high settings, 100% scaling, dx 11.
  • LakitoAMV
    Just got back from work. And I must say, holy **** guys, I totally forgot to check the temps. I have nothing opened (well, except MSI Afterburner) and CPU is at 78-85°C. Checked other games and I have fps issues on other games now as well. Well, at least now I am 100% sure it's because of the CPU thanks to you guys. Now time to check what's causing the problem.
  • BigF33t_13
    6573 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 5
    Change the thermal paste. The cooler may not be seated properly or the paste isn't adequate. You're definitely throttling if your temps are that high idling.