Weekly Debrief

On a scale from 1-10 how bored are you of BFV? (5.72 avg. so far)

Comments

• Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »
    I'm at a solid 2

Would give it a one but I know all good games to get slightly stale after a while... I'm still in the shocked and amazed faze when I see things I've never seen before, but soon those moments will naturally fade as I'll have played too much and seen everything.

Ex: amazing moment
    I was playing hamada and we were sprinting across the bridge through some smoke. An assault player just ahead of me died to a grenade blasting him slightly towards falling off the right side of the bridge, just in this moment a pak40 shell blasts right into the wall where we was about to fall, sending his dead body flying across the other side of the bridge clipping his feet on the edge and doing a crazy flip over the other ledge, letting out a scream as this all happened... it all happened right in front of my eyes at over 110FPS on Ultra settings and I just said... "Man, I feel sorry for that guy, but that was truly beautiful to behold" haha.

Regarding to your experience: Its incredibly sad that i really had just one of the so called " Battlefield moments " in this game while i remember countless when it comes to the older titles.
    Which gives me personally another indicator how bland BF V is.

THIS^^^

these things just arent common and if so, just feels blah. their "only in bf" moments now are exclusive to content creators and basically friends. this week was a guy shooting a mine with a pistol.

I had a few entries in other titles, this one isnt even worth attempting. most of my clips are bugs to be ignored on forums.
  • ackers75
    2384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 4
    DavTan wrote: »
    It's 1 for me even with the games faults .... For those of you above the no 4 .. beats me why you you even bother posting on here, can't you find anything better to do ?
    I've played some games before that it turned out I didn't like, I didn't waste my time spamming the forums saying how much I dislike everything about it like so many people do on here.
    Now I expect some hate from some of you for actually liking the game .... Bring it.

It’s a 10 and if I could I would give it an 11 if that’s ok with you.
    It’s just a buggy mess of a game with netcode that has no business being in a so called AAA game.
    Then we have ammo or medic crates just seemingly falling through the floor along with crashes or blank screens.
    I could go on but I have literally lost the will to live with this mess!
  • Cpt_Blitz_26
    280 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 4

1000 ways to have fun. jihad jeeps, sniper dance parties, metro and c4, just replayable. miss this

Seems your enjoyment stems heavily from the assault class and projectile explosives :) Me likey!

Seeing as there aren't a lot of opportunities in BF5 (no helis or slow moving planes) to take these out I can see your frustrations :)

But I for one think the engine in this game is better than all the others. But I've always been a sucker for physics engines and ragdoll, even though this one isn't perfect, there are still cool moments every game where I smile.
  • PixelSquish
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

1000 ways to have fun. jihad jeeps, sniper dance parties, metro and c4, just replayable. miss this

Seems your enjoyment stems heavily from the assault class and projectile explosives :) Me likey!

Seeing as there aren't a lot of opportunities in BF5 (no helis or slow moving planes) to take these out I can see your frustrations :)

But I for one think the engine in this game is better than all the others. But I've always been a sucker for physics engines and ragdoll, even though this one isn't perfect, there are still cool moments every game where I smile.

a friend and I went back to play bf4 the other night and it was fun, and we both really prefer modern day shooters vs ww1/2 era stuff, but once we came back to bfv we were like whoa, now these mechanics and gunplay feels are much nicer.
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

i was a mix, i was just anti vehicle if i wasnt in one lol. i have plenty, just never played recon much. but I was going for 1000 rpg kills for a bit and it stuck. bf5 offers nothing close to the replay bf4 and earlier provided.
  • LEGIJAS_CCCC
    142 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

i just need MOREEEE MAps
  • VOLBANKER
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    2 for me
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Hmm. 7? Kinda but not really. When I stop playing for a bit it's not because I'm bored of it, it's being repeatedly killed in the same manner. Ei 3 panzerfaust in a row, sniped by assault 5 or 6 times, you know the drill.
  • VOLBANKER
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In BF4 I was pretty good with the javelin (wasn't that the name?)
    It was so much fun to be on a plane or helicopter's tail, watch how they'd do every trick in the book to try and get rid of your missile, before you finally hit them with it !
  • Redstripe101
    VOLBANKER wrote: »
    It was so much fun to be on a plane or helicopter's tail, watch how they'd do every trick in the book to try and get rid of your missile, before you finally hit them with it !

i loved the jav if a buddy painted a target. 2 jav guys, 1 support, 1 recon was perfect squad for it.
  • suffice_ls
    491 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I was lol'ing when I spotted this thread on the main page.
  • ProAssassin2003
    3356 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    6 because of work and I like lots of games.
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 5

i loved the jav if a buddy painted a target. 2 jav guys, 1 support, 1 recon was perfect squad for it.

There is still a video around from BF 3 where i had a friendly Battle with an enemy Javelin squad. I announced that i will knife their prime guy before i leave the server and i managed to do that.
    After that he went full paranoid and hunted me while i teased him. He never managed to get me. All in a civil way. After that he told me he recorded all and will put it online.
    Here is the video, they are germans but i think you will see what i mean. At minute 8:20 i tell him in the chat that i will knife him before ending the round which he comments sarcastically towards me and his friend/squad.
    And than just skip to minute 9:45 and watch for 20 seconds to enjoy the whole scene :-)

• StupidNameHere
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Playing GTAonline. It's a cesspool for humanity but at least they update it.
  • naitch44
    666 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 5
    6/7 is where I'm at.

Tonight I've seen some ridiculous BS that almost makes me feel like a 10 though.
  • Redstripe101

There is still a video around from BF 3 where i had a friendly Battle with an enemy Javelin squad. I announced that i will knife their prime guy before i leave the server and i managed to do that.
    After that he went full paranoid and hunted me while i teased him. He never managed to get me. All in a civil way. After that he told me he recorded all and will put it online.
    Here is the video, they are germans but i think you will see what i mean. At minute 8:20 i tell him in the chat that i will knife him before ending the round which he comments sarcastically towards me and his friend/squad.
    And than just skip to minute 9:45 and watch for 20 seconds to enjoy the whole scene :-)

loved when you found others that would do this back n forth. wasnt hard to find gameplay like this. our chat now sounds nowhere as excited
  • Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

loved when you found others that would do this back n forth. wasnt hard to find gameplay like this. our chat now sounds nowhere as excited

He even admits at Minute 12 that he smashed on his screen and feared that it broke ^^
    And yes there are hardly such things now. And no in dont count some " Influencer " videos where they talk about total different stuff while the background just shows their best run and gun scenes.
  • GeriatricKiwi
    42 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1 for me

Frustrated at times, bored?
    Nope
  • ProLegion_exor
    3541 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    4-6...