This Week in Battlefield V

On a scale from 1-10 how bored are you of BFV? (5.72 avg. so far)

Comments

• Stahlmach
    1156 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If only a #hero can go over every post and give us an overall average. 100+ players voted, we have a representative sample, players who don't visit the forums aren't really 'people' anyway, they're blueberries and they don't get a vote.

85 votes, total score of 482, so an average we are sitting at 5,67.

@Catsonspeeed nice! Thanks!

This explains why servers dont stay full. People aren't playing more than 1-2 rounds per day.

Well the reason is not only the game itself but the fact that teams arent mixed, too. Why should i stay with team headless Chicken for the next maps when the last matches were already lost 350 -0 ?And with fixed map rotation its getting boring anyway because you know what will come.
    Damn its so frustrating. No immerse presentation no feeling, no nothing. Its like starting some stupid browser game.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10837 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If only a #hero can go over every post and give us an overall average. 100+ players voted, we have a representative sample, players who don't visit the forums aren't really 'people' anyway, they're blueberries and they don't get a vote.

This explains why servers dont stay full. People aren't playing more than 1-2 rounds per day.

@BaronVonGoon did you incorporate my negative tree fitty?
  • TuxedoBanana279
    345 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I have to say 4
  • Redstripe101
    2559 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Looks like DICE nailed it, they went to a multi-year release cycle and basically wanted 2 year lifespans on BF titles. I'm sure we will be seeing trailers next year to support this.

Glad I'm not the only one who finds it dull and unappealing. If ToW is all they have planned for progression then they are going to have a looooong summer lol.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

@TEKNOCODE It was discussed among the 8-member Core Community Council and seeing as it skewed the data, it was removed from the sample. You weren't invited to the meeting due to conflict of interest. (Loq was one of the voters and he voted to remove it too, but said to not tell you of his vote).
  • ElSamuel04
    115 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    2. I need new maps and nations
  • nillzoR
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    2 for me.. although the game needs new maps and other content. It does get repetitive.
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 5

I think the game lacks fun maps for a lot of player types. I like maps like Rotterdam & Devastation and hate big open maps like the Panzer map. I can understand some people like a more vehicle focused style on bigger maps, all good, but this is also where RSP comes in: the community designs the servers to run a specific goal, to please a specific group of players and what they enjoy.

I often have to sit through gameplay I find absolutely boring only to have the few maps I enjoy finally show up.
    7. Played bf4 yesterday. I was much better at that version haha. And the ttk was so quick. Funny didn’t even realise after playing bf1

Hilariously I'm probably statistically better at BFV, my KD is higher. Yet I found BF4 far more enjoyable.
  • nutcrackr
    213 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    10 uninstalled and no plans to go back.

• Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    (Loq was one of the voters and he voted to remove it too, but said to not tell you of his vote).

YOU PROMISED!
  • TEKNOCODE
    10837 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

@TEKNOCODE It was discussed among the 8-member Core Community Council and seeing as it skewed the data, it was removed from the sample. You weren't invited to the meeting due to conflict of interest. (Loq was one of the voters and he voted to remove it too, but said to not tell you of his vote).
    As the CEO of the 8-member Core Community Council, I am not sad to say that the eight members are fired, effective immediately.

As the CEO of the Core Individual Council, I hereby approve the use of “negative tree fitty” within the calculation.
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Corrupt_be wrote: »

I think the game lacks fun maps for a lot of player types. I like maps like Rotterdam & Devastation and hate big open maps like the Panzer map. I can understand some people like a more vehicle focused style on bigger maps, all good, but this is also where RSP comes in: the community designs the servers to run a specific goal, to please a specific group of players and what they enjoy.

I often have to sit through gameplay I find absolutely boring only to have the few maps I enjoy finally show up.
    7. Played bf4 yesterday. I was much better at that version haha. And the ttk was so quick. Funny didn’t even realise after playing bf1

Hilariously I'm probably statistically better at BFV, my KD is higher. Yet I found BF4 far more enjoyable.

I think the factor that made BF4 more enjoyable than say BF1 (I enjoyed BF1) and BF5 is player freedom on the maps. I'm finding my matches are playing out almost identical, and I'm getting better at predicting if I'll win or lose a round depending if I'm defending or attacking. At least with BF1 the behemoths and elite kits broke up the monotony, and even a good calvary player can shake a match up. I remember one running down the main halls of Ballroom Blitz trampling everyone in his way. It was pretty awesome to watch it unfold.

In BF4, I can remember matches on Dawn Breaker where on one round I could be taking potshots at snipers on the rooftops, trying to control the garage spaces and office spaces, using the elevators and baiting it with C4, or having helicopters on my butt while I jump off the roofs and parachute to safety. The game gave you plenty of options on how and where to play, and I'm not getting that with BF5 at all.
  • Corrupt_be
    231 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If they don't have RSP, at least they should give us more specific queuing options such as:

"I want to queue for map X on gametype X"

Then the game proceeds to queue you and as soon as a spot is available on a server where the round starts on that map, it slots you in. Currently I'm often joining the map in the rotation that comes BEFORE the one I want to play.
  • NemoDahFish
    123 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Corrupt_be wrote: »
    Currently I'm often joining the map in the rotation that comes BEFORE the one I want to play.

Dice will look at this data and say that those are the most popular maps because players specifically choose them first 😂
  • Schlep2112
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    9 I don't play it anymore at all
  • BaronVonGoon
    6778 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Loqtrall wrote: »
    (Loq was one of the voters and he voted to remove it too, but said to not tell you of his vote).

YOU PROMISED!

Sorry I was threatened with physical harm.

As the CEO of the 8-member Core Community Council, I am not sad to say that the eight members are fired, effective immediately.

As the CEO of the Core Individual Council, I hereby approve the use of “negative tree fitty” within the calculation.

Thanks. Now I have them rioting outside, one of them just threw a burning tire through my window.
  • QHUNK9000
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 5
    7. I just dont think Theres a better shooter on ps4 right now. That might change with Insurgency Sandstorm.
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Stahlmach wrote: »

Well the reason is not only the game itself but the fact that teams arent mixed, too. Why should i stay with team headless Chicken for the next maps when the last matches were already lost 350 -0 ?And with fixed map rotation its getting boring anyway because you know what will come.
    Damn its so frustrating. No immerse presentation no feeling, no nothing. Its like starting some stupid browser game.

I think that's definitely the main reason players leave the server.

Just last night I joined a game of domination with a clan squad of players on my team. They were all very good players, and we destroyed the enemy team.

Next round - I'm still on their team with my squad.

Next round after that - again, I'm still on their team with my squad.

Finally I got bored of it and left.

The teams didn't switch 3 games in a row, and every time we roflstomped the other team. Every round players were bailing from the enemy team.
  • BaronVonGoon
    edited February 5
    Sixclicks wrote: »
    Stahlmach wrote: »

I think that's definitely the main reason players leave the server.

Just last night I joined a game of domination with a clan squad of players on my team. They were all very good players, and we destroyed the enemy team.

Next round - I'm still on their team with my squad.

Next round after that - again, I'm still on their team with my squad.

Finally I got bored of it and left.

The teams didn't switch 3 games in a row, and every time we roflstomped the other team. Every round players were bailing from the enemy team.

Yeah that's exactly the reason why I leave servers. It affects solo players more so than it does those playing in parties. Previously, we had the option to switch teams, now the only options are to stick to a garbage team or quit the server.
  • AssassinoX1
    269 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    1.5 feels right for me.