This Week in Battlefield V - Week of February 4th - Combined Arms Details, Anti-Cheat, & QoL Updates

Braddock512
1543 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
edited February 2019
Welcome, welcome, welcome to another This Week in Battlefield V! We've got a lot of stuff to share this week, so let's get down to it!
kd7ekr9s9ne21.jpg
Combined Arms Teaser, Anti-Cheat blog, and updates to the Battlefield V Quality of Life Tracker
  • Updates – Marketplace Update
    • We've rescheduled this BFV Marketplace Backend Update for next week to enable purchasing of previous Tides of War Weekly Challenge items & the Holiday Gift items. (Details Below)
  • Teaser/Trailers
    • We're getting closer to the release of Combined Arms, our 4 player co-op mode, so get ready for the teaser on Feb 5th.
  • Blogs
    • Anti-cheat is critical to ensure fair gameplay. We've got a blog coming this week to detail what we've done, where we are, and next steps.
1ow20cycane21.png
As always, timing on the below can always shift. We’ll do our best to keep you updated of any changes.
  • Monday, February 4th
    • Article - This Week in Battlefield V - The details of news coming this week in a concise roadmap. You're reading it right now!
  • Tuesday, February 5th
    • Weekly Community Highlight – Best Only in Battlefield Moment of the Week – Hot new OIB moment coming in with a new weekly winner! Think you’ve got a winner? Send it our way on any of the Battlefield channels. Each weekly featured clip will be awarded a Best Community in the World emblem! - CONGRATS Noobalishus for that sick inverted bridge run! Check your Twitter DMs for your code!
    • Teasers/Trailers
      • Our teaser for Battlefield V Combined Arms drops. Get a glimpse how we bring co-op to Battlefield V.
    • Wednesday, February 6th
      • Battlefield V Quality of Life Tracker Update - Our Devs have confirmed fixes on some of the top issues, so make sure to check out the updated wiki page on Wednesday to see what's fixed, what's new, and what the status is of ongoing issues.
      • BLOG - Our Approach to Anti-Cheat in Battlefield V - We've got an anti-cheat blog detailing what we've done, where we are, and next steps.
      • DISCUSSION - Our Approach to Anti-Cheat in Battlefield V - Please share your constructive feedback/suggestions on our recent blog.
      • Thursday, February 7th
        • Launch – Chapter 2: Lightning Strikes Weekly Event #2 Week 2 Begins – We kick off the second week of in-game weekly missions and rewards.
      • Friday, February 8th
        • Article – Battlefield V Weekly Debrief - Your one-stop destination for all the blogs, videos, and major news that happened in the week, with a comprehensive Q&A with our DICE developers using feedback collected from the Battlefield Twitter, Reddit, Discord, and Forums.

UPDATE - The BFV Markeplace Backend Update has been moved to next week to go along with the game update.
      [llist]
    • Battlefield V Marketplace Update - We've resolved an issue from the first Chapter of Tides of War impacting the ability to purchase Weekly Challenge unlocks via the Armory. With this backend update, you'll be able to purchase the following items:
      • M1897
      • MAS44
      • VGO
      • AGM42
      • Selbstadler 1906
      • ZK383
      • Ribeyrolles
    27lka0i7ene21.png

1t0lau9mine21.jpg

bjwwj9o7ine21.jpg
    Battlefield V player and commentator. Been PTFO’ing since BC2 and has loved every minute of it!
Post edited by Braddock512 on

Comments

• Swordsman1917
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    So I'm coming in new to the forums and hate to start with what might be a obvious question but since the company coin patch, I get coins for the small task but at level 50 i get the recurring 2000 coins for the 35000 XP but then the coins do not show up in my actual armory/customization screens. Where do I go to let someone know. Dice website? EA? Any help would be appreciated.
  • Kauzer_RF
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    So I'm coming in new to the forums and hate to start with what might be a obvious question but since the company coin patch, I get coins for the small task but at level 50 i get the recurring 2000 coins for the 35000 XP but then the coins do not show up in my actual armory/customization screens. Where do I go to let someone know. Dice website? EA? Any help would be appreciated.

Its a bug. Your recived 2k coins when you hit lvl 50. Sometimes end round screen shows this again, but actualy you will not recieve 2k anymore. You should get around 100-400 CC depends from objective points amount at the end of round.
  • DrDrade
    51 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    When is DLSS coming?!??!?!?!
    Just abit info to get even more hyped is fine!
  • Thacyoon
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Better be some Support/MMG buffs incoming... I can't believe how completely nerfed this class and the MMG's are in BF5 compared to BF3/BF4/BF1.
  • mattd3162014
    313 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Does this include skins and cosmetic and dogtags items we missed if we didnt get to play tides of war chapter 1?Or is it just the missed weapons
  • doctorrocktor
    1955 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I see cosmetics are still a high price with cc,i thought you were looking into this.
  • Kauzer_RF
    229 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Any comments about Operations changes to BF1 style? At the moment it is a shamefull display compare to BF1 operations.
  • Plaguekitten
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    my game is still broken (Black screen) on launching bf5 help!
  • SHlTTYSNIPER
    101 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    you guys need to prioritize fixing visibility issues , player models blend so much with the enviroment that they can be in front of you and still dont see the enemy
  • CracKxEm
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    you guys need to prioritize fixing visibility issues , player models blend so much with the enviroment that they can be in front of you and still dont see the enemy

somebody hook this man up with chams.
    hes blind as a snow bat.
  • Macfun_CZ
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The situation with cheating players is still catastrophic, and DICE does not anything with it. Again, I reported to the same player as one or two weeks ago.
  • CracKxEm
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Macfun_CZ wrote: »
    The situation with cheating players is still catastrophic, and DICE does not anything with it. Again, I reported to the same player as one or two weeks ago.

Dice wont, Dice almost cant do anything about it.

its just too much man, way too much money involved.
    its not just DICE either.
    and sure they could go through and ban they people you report but trust me its not enough, thats never enough. if they spent money on a crew didicated to banning reports, they the players using cheat will buy the game again and tone down their cheats enough to look asof there legit. allthe while still holding massive advantages over you.

too many people buy thies trainers, 100s of thousands of dollors too thies nobody's who code the trainers, so even if they updated the anticheat software (which would need to be recoded daily). the nobody's would just remake their bypass.
    even if they changed the values that thies trainers use, were it be parts of the player model the vector bots look for, recoil values, spread values, player models for chams...or what have you...which would all need to be done in-house at DICE(most likely... unless dice outsourced for said software coders....) dosnt matter cause guess what? billybobs bot quit working so whats he gonna do....? cry too the nobody's. who then get their team together, and an hour or two later...BAMM BANG BOOM billys happy. cause aint nobody messing with the nobody's money.

i threw my pc gaming career in the dump 7 years ago because of this and ill never look back.
    Pickup an Xbox One X, you wont regreat it. visibility is great too...i see everything.
  • WhiskyWolff
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Its gonna be any way that we get back the weapons customization of BTF 4?¿
  • Hycor
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Jesus Christ, when is the TOW weapons update coming? Omegalol if you have to postpone it again.
  • Swordsman1917
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »

Its a bug. Your recived 2k coins when you hit lvl 50. Sometimes end round screen shows this again, but actualy you will not recieve 2k anymore. You should get around 100-400 CC depends from objective points amount at the end of round.[/quote

Ok. That makes sense. Thank you.
  • CROseen
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    why you do this to us dice this mission we finish in 30 min max
    and than we wait 7 days for new
    we dont even open game those 7 days bcs it started to be boring more and more ppl leaving
    do something like u did in bf 4 and bf 1
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Thacyoon wrote: »
    Better be some Support/MMG buffs incoming... I can't believe how completely nerfed this class and the MMG's are in BF5 compared to BF3/BF4/BF1.

Refresh my memory. Which MMGs are you thinking of in BF3/4, that is machine guns where ADS only worked while the bipod was deployed as in the BFV MMGs?

There was a bug in which MMG users got two recoil reductions, one for being prone and one for using a bipod. This was fixed, and that is why guys who were shredding the other team with an MG-42 at long range are now having a tougher time. So MMG users had an unfair advantage caused by a bug taken away, boo hoo. Meanwhile the LMGs continue to work just fine and you can ADS with them on your feet. But the MMGs are no longer full-auto long-range sniper MGs, although they still work fine at shot-medium range. In no reasonable way does that qualify as the Support class being "completely nerfed", this is another example of the melodramatic complaints seen here every day, long on passion, short on facts.
  • fakemon64
    898 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thacyoon wrote: »

Refresh my memory. Which MMGs are you thinking of in BF3/4, that is machine guns where ADS only worked while the bipod was deployed as in the BFV MMGs?

There was a bug in which MMG users got two recoil reductions, one for being prone and one for using a bipod. This was fixed, and that is why guys who were shredding the other team with an MG-42 at long range are now having a tougher time. So MMG users had an unfair advantage caused by a bug taken away, boo hoo. Meanwhile the LMGs continue to work just fine and you can ADS with them on your feet. But the MMGs are no longer full-auto long-range sniper MGs, although they still work fine at shot-medium range. In no reasonable way does that qualify as the Support class being "completely nerfed", this is another example of the melodramatic complaints seen here every day, long on passion, short on facts.

But what if i said that mmgs were medium to long range weapons. Idk what makes them optimal for short range engagements. Working that close to the enemy means a higher risk of being flanked or catching an incendiary grenade.