Solution to idiots In vehicals that don't PTFO

S8Gwamtastic
1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
It seems like every single time I play break threw there is a person using the only tank the attackers get to just sit back and do nothing he'll they usually won't even shot at people in the objectives.
So I thought of a solution that seems to be working simple put when a teammate is sitting in the spawn not helping the team and just trying to get there kd up destroy your vehicle resupply point from there you can do a few things

1 : take there tank when they go to repair it and show them how they should be used
2: if someone else will build it for them simply keep destroying it before they can resuply forcing them to go to another one deeper into the map if they want to get ammo to increase their kd

Comments

• full951
    2109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    a little feng shui with the ammo/repair stations would not hurt. if the station is on objective, guess where the tank will be?
  • CosmicStriker
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    the tanks are week in this version of BF that is why they sit in the back.
  • mgood1845
    93 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OP: my favorite thing to do is spawn in with the medic class, with smoke grenades and smoke grenade launchers, chances are good the tank hasn't moved far from an ammo supply station, and i just smoke the tank so it can't see a thing, they move a little i get more smoke and then continue to prevent the tank from seeing until they get the point they are not going to see anything until they move up on an objective....

it is def frustrating to see a very helpful tool being played so passively

• Doc943
    34 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I hate it when I’ve completely built up a flags fortifications to help defend it and a team idiot crashes through them on the way to somewhere else. PTO is not in their head at all.
  • Redstripe101
    2466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just play how you want, others will do the same.
  • sabersun
    46 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I don't drive tanks. Only when @sbvaughn88 is on the wheel. :#
  • GrimeySix
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    full951 wrote: »
    a little feng shui with the ammo/repair stations would not hurt. if the station is on objective, guess where the tank will be?

This would be an interesting idea actually. It could also backfire, as you basically give a defending tank unending ammo potentially. Still, I'd kind of be willing to live with that.
  • full951
    2109 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    GrimeySix wrote: »
    full951 wrote: »

This would be an interesting idea actually. It could also backfire, as you basically give a defending tank unending ammo potentially. Still, I'd kind of be willing to live with that.

maybe, but from what I hear. assault is OP AF
  • sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can send them salty messages which I’ve done before...the smok e thing works but it’s only temporary. If you stay there to keep doing it now you have 2 players out of the game. The solution is to get better driving tanks which is much more challenging in this BF than it was in others. I can see assault players drooling across the map as they converge on my position. It really should be the other way around...but I digress. The only way to live in a tank and PTFO is to be mic’ed up with squad mates. One guy runs your inside gunner position and hops out for repairs and the other guys advance behind the tank using it for cover towards a flag. If your squad knows what they are doing they will keep the C-4 off your back while I deal with the gophers with rocket launchers. Tanks in my mind are really about distracting a lot of players so the other guys can go cap the objective and cleaning off as many guys as I can from directly behind the flag. They really aren’t the force you need to overtake one solo. So tank camping in this game doesn’t bother me quite as much as it used to, because they aren’t nearly as useful unless all of the above comes together which is rare.
  • GrimeySix
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks should probably have a larger capture zone for each objective. I feel like even if they got a buff, it would be tough to survive long in the heart of many/most objectives. They can be great at causing a ton of damage and suppression when parked just off objective, but yeah it can quickly fall apart if they want to actively capture (think parking outside of the hangar on Aerodrome versus driving into it).

The team work thing though is still so critical. Like most of this game, things work so much better if you can get 2-3 people working together. I still think a tank with at least one top/side gunner, can be really effective and tough to take out, even without comms.

You touch on driving too, and I have to say this is a big factor. I'm not much for driving tanks myself, but I hop in as gunner all the time, and there are some baaaaad drivers out there.
  • Nummydoughnuts
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Now I always try my best to stay humble on these sort of things, I usually get to see both sides of the situations with vehicles and other such in the Battlefield series. It is something though that personally I would like the Developers of to take a look into though but not being a content creator or anything big with Battlefield, the most I can do is just sit here and stare at my own ideas and wonder "Why can't these folks sit down and take a hear on some of the ideas people have that would improve the game?" (Not to be a mean towards developers I know they work their butts off to make games)

Tanks In Battlefield V are currently very poorly balanced. Their "Required Skill level" is significantly higher than everything in the entire game. It something I've been bringing up to friends who play Battlefield V and avoid tanks because of the balance, along with folks I play other games with. Now I'm gunna sound like a schlub saying I play games like Warthunder, Squad, Post Scriptum at times which all of those are very tactical games, you gotta think before you do, the pacing is rather slow and sluggish, so on and so forth. Well I will point out first that the Tank Gameplay in Battlefield V is actually more difficult than these games and what's crazy comparing that to say "Post Scriptum" is You literally need an actual tank crew in Post Scriptum to use a tank and Battlefield V a tank is controlled by 1 Person with up to 3 passengers on MGs. Need I list it but these are the major problems with tank balance in Battlefield V

The damage tanks deal is Pitiful and their destructive capability is laughable
    The Systematic Damage System literally makes every shot a 50/50 chance to be crippled
    They are deplorably slow and their health/armor does not reflect this well
    Their ammunition count is atrocious especially considering how far away and scares, not to mention easily destroyed the Ammo depots are.

And the one that gets surprisingly good praise but also pretty clear hate and anger.
    The AT Gadgets are too powerful and require little to no skill to use. I actually hate how little skill is required to use the AT gadgets and don't like how easy they are to use.

My honest opinion on how to easily fix the tanks wouldn't require much of a rework to tanks other than a fair Main gun buff, and a pretty extensive AT gadget rework. Basically, make the main gun have more bang for it's buck, and then make them Assault or Support players have to actually work to damage tanks. Now before I get into details, the Support Class doesn't need as heavy of an AT rework considering they only have the AT grenade pistol and the AT mines for anti tank. I do find the destructive capability of the AT grenade pistol appalling though. Why can I quite literally level an entire house with a single 40ish mm grenade, and can't even blow open a wall with a 75mm tank shell? That doesn't make much sense. The Support Class would only see my idea of a Mine Rework which is a pretty basic one. Instead of being able to "Toss" the mines like you can there would be an arming animation (That you can hold as long as you would like) and then the mine would literally be plopped down right in front of your feet (Pretty much AT mines in Battlefield 3 or Battlefield 4). This basically would keep players from being able to "Throw mines at tanks and then detonate them with their gun or the impact grenades"

Here's the controversial changes, the ones that when I say people either say "That's a cool/great idea" and "That would work really well." or "Go kill yourself tanking noob" and "So you want to make my favorite class impossible?". Firstly to poke at the common first insult, I don't play the tanks much in Battlefield V as much as I would like to, and I can hold my own quite well and be really accomplished specifically with the Panzer IV and Churchill with the Howitzer. Besides that (getting side tracked) my two big changes would be a more simple one to the dynamite and a huge change to the PIAT and Panzerfaust. Already said my AT mine change idea, don't need to reiterate. My ideas for the dynamite would be to decrease the throw range, along with them not sticking to things unless your character can quite literally place them on the object physically. Now a problem that may cause though is making the Zimmerit specialization useless, until other sticky AT gadgets are introduced into the game. The idea for the Panzerfaust and Piat (Which is the idea that receives the most hate) is the inability to fire them accurately unless you're ADS and either crouch or prone. This would piggyback onto Battlefield 1's workings of the AT rocket gun where you couldn't even shoot them at tanks unless you were crouched and propping it up on something or prone. My idea for the PIAT and Panzerfaust would essentially make any shot wildly inaccurate unless you are in a proper/correct firing position, forcing you to have to really think out how you're going to attack a tank rather than the usual "Swarm/fire and forget" mess that the launchers currently are.

There are other weird changes I've had in mind that I feel would actually balance the game out better not even between tanks and infantry but just infantry against infantry. One of them is to actually give the Assault rifles to the Medic class, and move the SMGs back to the Assault class, and split the Semi Auto rifles between the two classes. Basically if you want a full auto weapon on the Assault class, you're stuck to more aggressive close ranged combat that the class would follow more being the Assault.

I've got a list quite long of changes I personally think would make Battlefield V much more fun to play from some pretty basic changes, some mix ups, and some more radical and crazy changes.
  • Redstripe101
    2466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When I camp vehicles, I always think I'm doing my bad teammates a favor by forcing them unsupported into a disadvantaged scenario. thus becoming a better player

you're welcome
  • S8Gwamtastic
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To me a big part of the issue here is a misunderstanding of how the roll they play changes based on the game mode
    Sure in a game of conquest if you just want to do your thing and sit back to give support to your team there is no harm in that but they reason only attackers get one in from the start after a delay is to allow attackers to push into a defended capture point when a defending team has a area on lock down, when a tank storms an objective even if it dies after a few secound it gives your team a chance to move up / kill enemy's while most of the other team focuses on the tank. As with most aspects of battlefield v the game is designed for team play not indivdule stats. In my eyes going k2 -D15 helping your team get the win by focusing on healing or indirect support makes you a better player then going k50-d0