Breakthrough can be so satisfying

thebossman2202
401 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I swear nothing feels better than pulling a clutch with your attacking team. Just played twisted steel on breakthrough(best map for this game mode) and MAN was I satisfied when we would pulled rhe clutcj win. I swear this is where the game mode truly shines....or maybe tonight was a blue moon

Comments

• Jesus4000
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    On some maps, Breakthrough is pretty cool.
    What I don't like that much is Fjell, because it's not enough objectives and the distances are far too long and Hamada is just a giant meat grinder in the beggining, but becomes fun in the later stages.

Also Breakthrough is easily the best mode for weapon assingments.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1543 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think that Breakthrough just exacerbates the poor server balance in most matches. A good team will steamroll. A bad team will be steamrolled. But there are so few objectives that if you're on a bad team there's literally nothing you can do.

At least in CQ, or something, you can try to back cap to be annoying and get your team a new spawn point.
  • CloneTrooperCT
    390 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    In some maps you need smoke, Specially in fjell. As attacker is it hard to capture A and B of the first line.
    The distance is to far and a big open field with no cover.
  • ninjapenquinuk
    2244 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Attacking in Breakthrough has a lot to do with momentum. If at the start of the round (or sector) half the attacking team is setting up camp with BA or LMGs/MMGs then the attacking team is going to have a hard time as it allows the defenders to build fortifications and get in position. If however you start with a Banzai charge then you can overwhelm the defenders before they are dug in
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    breakthru is a good mode. I've always played conquest and for the first time ever it wasn't my main mode.
  • iFistyoSis
    1129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's to many variables that needs to line up for the game mode to be enjoyable. Sadly, it happens very very rarely (for me at least) in Breakthrough. I think i had fun just 1 time out of 20 rounds or so...
  • fragnstein
    817 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think that Breakthrough just exacerbates the poor server balance in most matches. A good team will steamroll. A bad team will be steamrolled. But there are so few objectives that if you're on a bad team there's literally nothing you can do.

At least in CQ, or something, you can try to back cap to be annoying and get your team a new spawn point.

That's the thing about breakthrough , is that both teams are focused on the objectives on a smaller map size
  • full951
    2468 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    There's to many variables that needs to line up for the game mode to be enjoyable. Sadly, it happens very very rarely (for me at least) in Breakthrough. I think i had fun just 1 time out of 20 rounds or so...

it's possible to get in a match where you get steam rolled and doing the steam roll is only fun if enough resistance is put up. just back out and re cue
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    No where near as fun as it was in BF1 Operations. It's a step back in fact.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    1688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Now the ToW week is done and dusted I will never play Breakthrough again. Completely unbalanced, shambolic and runs terribly. Never seen so many severe server performance warnings.
  • Caramac_D
    190 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough is brilliant sometimes but gets tedious pretty quickly if the opposing team is overwhelmingly superior. The tension/carnage on the first sector on Rotterdam is a particular highlight.
  • Sixclicks
    5075 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Haven't played Breakthrough much, but the few times I did were all stompfests.
  • KingsportCowboy
    167 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthroughs concepts are fine. The problem with it is the real squads, or lack thereof. A communicating team absolutely stomps the opposition into the ground (which is how the game is meant!). However, being on the other side of that really sucks and makes you kind of not want to even bother.
  • ragnarok013
    3816 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I'm happy that some like it, but to me breakthrough seemed like Outdoor Metro, nothing but a big meat grinder. Throw in someone who decides to spawn in a AA tank and it's really "fun".
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I liked the game mode, loved Operations in BF1 - but have to agree it is the mode most dependent on having a good team. I am still critical of when they made the switch from 40 to 64 players for Operations (breakthrough) in BF1, as to me it remains way too many players concentrated in a small area, and tends to exacerbate issues with unbalanced teams. At least in Conquest the 64 players are spread over the entire map, in Frontlines it's smaller teams, and for Rush (at least BF1 version) it was both smaller teams and any individual could set a bomb (as opposed to counting on bodies on objective). I agree it is extremely satisfying to take a hard fought sector in breakthrough, but for the most part you are simply along for the ride, regardless of how good of a player you are. A well-balanced, well-fought game is kind of a rarity...

I'd do anything for them to fix Grand Operations so it focused more on breakthrough and battalions like BF1 (with maybe some frontlines and airborne mixed in), especially if it was brought back down to ~40 players.
  • CSO7777
    1796 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Some of the most fun moments have been breakthrough for me. Some of the maps are awful and team-balance is everything in this game-mode. Most of the breakthrough-games I've played has been one-sided and then it gets really bad pretty quick (or boring if on the stomping team).

In Conquest you can have a good fight even though the game is unbalanced, on breakthrough it's either heaven or hell.
  • Ameriken05
    451 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CSO7777 wrote: »
    Some of the most fun moments have been breakthrough for me. Some of the maps are awful and team-balance is everything in this game-mode. Most of the breakthrough-games I've played has been one-sided and then it gets really bad pretty quick (or boring if on the stomping team).

In Conquest you can have a good fight even though the game is unbalanced, on breakthrough it's either heaven or hell.

Agreed
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Breakthrough and frontlines are the best modes imo
  • thebossman2202
    401 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    y_j_es_i wrote: »
    Breakthrough and frontlines are the best modes imo

Same here
  • thebossman2202
    CSO7777 wrote: »

I agree, when you fight a hard fought victory, it feels great!