Enemies spawning AFTER I kill their squadmate

dutchmasta83
353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Several times now, I've been shooting an enemy player and as I put the final rounds in, get the kill, and start to reload, their squad mate magically appears right next to them and kills me while I stand there like an idiot who just won a 1v1. I've even done it myself, been in the "observer" screen watching over my buddy's shoulder as he was getting lit up, spamming the deploy button with the enemy in the center of my screen, spawned in mid-firefight and shot the guy, sometimes even before he killed my squad mate. Or I'll be shooting someone down to 10 health, they run around a corner, I am right behind them but when I round the corner, there are two or three guys prone aiming at me.
I don't have video of this currently, but next time it happens, I'll record it.
Please fix this so there is no "in combat" spawning, which means shooting OR being shot at until a decent time after combat ends, say 3-4 seconds? Enough for the 1v1 to play out.

Comments

• mattd3162014
    305 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Could not agree with your more have had this happen tons of times so frustrating
  • 3DDDevil
    9 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Have had this happen to me also.
  • TheAngryYankee
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've seen this happen. I figured it was a random spawn point for the enemy.
  • MurfCr
    999 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nope not a random spawn point. I have had it happen MANY times the last week or so. Along with guy I'm dumping rounds into have squad buddy spawn and drill me in the face.
  • Autorotor
    221 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 6
    This is the new and improved spawn system. Don't u like it?

Jokes aside, this happens to me a couple of times every single round. It has come to the point that i usually hang around a downed enemy for a couple of seconds to get a nice double. Cheeky right? lol.
  • TamKingski
    1700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Likely a latency related problem,i have seen it happen the odd couple of times but not enough to declare it a common or game breaking issue.
    Because this is likely a latency issue everyone will be affected different depending on how good a connection they have to EA/Dice servers.

Unfortunately theres not much EA/Dice can do if players with poor connections play the game,particularly if they are on consoles,due to the console makers having rules in place that say developers cant kick players from public servers if they are under a certain ping threshold,while im not certain what that ping threshold is,its hinted to be somewhere around 3/400 ping and anything higher than this the developer can kick the user from the server.

1 thing dice could do that would improve the experience for those with a good connection would be to add 60hz servers back to consoles for the smaller game modes like they done for bf1,a higher tick server updates player actions/positions faster than the current 30hz and gives those with low ping a more consistent experience.
  • PrairieGeek
    284 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    TamKingski wrote: »
    1 thing dice could do that would improve the experience for those with a good connection would be to add 60hz servers back to consoles for the smaller game modes like they done for bf1,a higher tick server updates player actions/positions faster than the current 30hz and gives those with low ping a more consistent experience.

While I agree with your proposed theory I call BS on the part of EA. After the last update even those of us with previously good ping are seeing astronomical latency issues now. If they tried to add something like you suggest now it would be a disaster. Imagine someone with a 100 ping getting into one of those server. The glitch for everyone would be a nightmare.

But I agree, higher end servers would be awesome. Especially for a mode like SCQ.
  • dutchmasta83
    353 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Managed to trigger it yesterday, went back out of the observer screen into the full map deploy screen, spawned on an available squad mate as he was getting wasted, I immediately, like within less than 1 second, killed the guy right next to us and then revived my teammate.
  • TamKingski
    1700 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TamKingski wrote: »

While I agree with your proposed theory I call BS on the part of EA. After the last update even those of us with previously good ping are seeing astronomical latency issues now. If they tried to add something like you suggest now it would be a disaster. Imagine someone with a 100 ping getting into one of those server. The glitch for everyone would be a nightmare.

But I agree, higher end servers would be awesome. Especially for a mode like SCQ.

I heard EA/Dice are now using amazon servers for bfv,im not sure the quality of those servers but it could be they are having problems with them.
  • mollyfrank1
    118 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds like it's a documented feature. Well done Dice. PO those who pay the bills.
  • rockin_master
    366 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 8
    Hidden or possibly glitched spawn beacon maybe? I know of a couple of places squad beacons can be glitched into -other than the patched over aerodrome spot.
  • TamKingski
    Hidden or possibly glitched spawn beacon maybe? I know of a couple of places squad beacons can be glitched into -other than the patched over aerodrome spot.

I would hope that you have reported those locations by pm to a mod or dev so they can be patched out and that your not exploiting it for your own benefit.
  • dutchmasta83

Negative, like right out in the open. I've even spawned on teammates who are getting shot or already downed. It doesn't always register the "In Combat" code as quickly as someone can walk up and shoot you, so the player spawning still spawns in.
  • clubseal33
    53 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Glad it isn't just me. My squadmates will remember their great granddad's war stories and it'll put them "in combat," but I can drop a rocket on someone and they'll spawn in a whole platoon and then kill me with a post-death TNT detonation.
    Triple-f'in-A.