FG42 Bipod

2ombie_5layer
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I'm trying to get the mint skins on the FG42. For the life of me I can't get the bloody bipod to deploy. I'm prone and getting kills but they're not recognized as such. Even on flat ground it won't deploy as such. Squatting or standing next to a sandbag should deploy the bipod too. It's totally frustrating. Why don't bipods work on MMGs in this game the way they did in BF4. There is no affect on recoil when prone for any LMGs that I can see.

Comments

• saxo101
    27 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They still garbage. Long time fan of the game but even I'm getting fed up of the game it self.
  • Mr_Tinman08
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Frustrating when you have to try and deploy it to complete an assignment. Sometimes it deploys and when you start firing it's bouncing all over the place, other times you might be crouched and it's deployed, on what I have no idea. Apparently you can deploy on another players shoulder, so they can get shot at instead.

Every other BF game the machine guns could be aimed down sight, now you're forced to bipod or just spray bullets all over the place.
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3782 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Every other BF game the machine guns could be aimed down sight, now you're forced to bipod or just spray bullets all over the place.

MMG's are the only weapons you cant ADS with for obvious reasons unlike LMG's which you can.

-CB

• xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3782 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator

MMG's are the only weapons that cant aim ADS for obvious reasons however the LMG's can ADS.

-CB
  • full951
    1945 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    just watch the cross hairs. when they get smaller you're on
  • skins4ever21
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Every other BF game the machine guns could be aimed down sight, now you're forced to bipod or just spray bullets all over the place.[/quote]

MMG=MOUNTED Machine Gun .. MOUNTED being key word :D Real talk if you could aim mg34 or 42 with no bipod I legit would trade my game in. Hard enough as a recon player dealing with Assault snipers running around.
  • Mishkin37
    646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MMG=MOUNTED Machine Gun .. MOUNTED being key word :D Real talk if you could aim mg34 or 42 with no bipod I legit would trade my game in. Hard enough as a recon player dealing with Assault snipers running around.

This is true. If you could ADS the MMGs, they would be way too powerful. DICE would have to decrease the bullet damage to balance, which would be silly, because you’d have a pistol bullet doing more damage than an MMG.

As much as I LOVED running around the map, ADSing an M60 in past games, it just wasn’t very realistic. They balanced it well here.

• Mr_Tinman08
    62 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BF1 you could ADS with a heavy water cooled machine gun. In reality you couldn't carry it let alone fire it. Should have left it the way it was. After all it's not real, it's a game.
  • TectonicGuns
    246 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    My issue with the FG-42 is that when prone and bipod deployed, the horizontal recoil will lift the bipod off the ground as bullets go ever higher. Is this not what a bipod is supposed to prevent?
  • Mishkin37
    646 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I tried to like the FG42, but it just didn’t do it for me. Too much recoil, and too few bullets in the mag. Am I missing something about it?
  • Mr_Tinman08
    My issue with the FG-42 is that when prone and bipod deployed, the horizontal recoil will lift the bipod off the ground as bullets go ever higher. Is this not what a bipod is supposed to prevent?

I've found that and it's as if it's not deployed properly, it does bounce all over the place.

@Mishkin37 Other than fast firing it's not really got much going for it in my opinion, even on the bipod it's bouncing around and has a limited magazine capacity.
  • Mishkin37

I've found that and it's as if it's not deployed properly, it does bounce all over the place.

@Mishkin37 Other than fast firing it's not really got much going for it in my opinion, even on the bipod it's bouncing around and has a limited magazine capacity.

Yeah, that seems about it. I was hoping there’d be an extended mag specialization, but I’ll stick with the Lewis, I think.

• ElliotLH
    4939 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    I tried to like the FG42, but it just didn’t do it for me. Too much recoil, and too few bullets in the mag. Am I missing something about it?

Don't think so, it's probably just not the weapon for you. I'm mainly treating it like the Burton in BF1 as it handles well for me up close. Brrrrt. Reload. Brrrrt. Reload haha.

It's also quite good fun sticking it in single shot and using it like a DMR.
  • Foxassassin
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

MMG=MOUNTED Machine Gun .. MOUNTED being key word :D Real talk if you could aim mg34 or 42 with no bipod I legit would trade my game in. Hard enough as a recon player dealing with Assault snipers running around.[/quote]

Hate to break it to you,but MMG is MEDIUM Machine Gun.
    Most mounted machine guns fall into HMG categories by WW2's definement
  • skins4ever21
    200 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Hate to break it to you,but MMG is MEDIUM Machine Gun.
    Most mounted machine guns fall into HMG categories by WW2's definement[/quote]

Well played sir .. I stand corrected doesn't change the fact you should not be able to run around with them considering the size and effectiveness.