Next Battlefield.

DrizZlingBear
2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Just a question.What theme will be the next Battlefield be?Do you think they will go back to modern settings?Also,about the gameplay wise,do u think they are gonna continue with how BFV plays like( limited ammo,med packs) and all those kind of forced teamplay, and whacky character customisation,or will they go back to how BF3 to BF1 type of gamestyle?Will there also be more female characters since this is where EA/Dice are heading towards this direction. Let me know your thoughts!

Comments

• ThemAlfs
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I bet EA/Dice can't wait to bring out a new version and receive all that feedback! But no, seriously I'm thinking modern/future as there are lots of people with one foot firmly in BF4 and equality will continue which I think is a good thing.
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1132 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    BFV is pretty much guaranteed to be my last Battlefield. Tired of wasting money on this downhill series. Last good game DICE Sweden made was BF3, because BF4 was garbage until DICE LA fixed it.
  • CamperMG42King
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BF3 remake would be awsum
  • dA_9_eL_81
    1758 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    What is the most requested BF-game by the community? Bad Company 3!
    What is the next most requested BF-setting by the community? Vietnam!

If EA/Dice just has a fraction of braincells left they will be working towards a Bad Company 3 in a Vietnam-setting.

Battlefield VIetnam - Bad Company III

I have no idea regarding the core gamemechanics and wheter they will keep them or not... My suggestion would be:

- Keep attrition
    - Keep spotting-mechanics
    - Keep playermovement
    - Improve player visibility

- Rework weapon-balance:
    Assaults needs to be nerfed
    Medics needs to be buffed
    Support - the laseracurate prone LMGs & MMGs has to go... I think BF4 had a good balance
    Recons - are in a good spot IMHO

- Unlock new weapons by kills (xxx kills to unlock a new weapon)
    - Unlock weapon cosmetics by kills with the particular weapon
    - Unlock soldier cosmetics by completing objectivebased taske (cap flags, defend flags, play certain gamemodes, etc.)

- Add rented servers
    - Improve clansupport
    - Improve community feedback

• Smuk1337
    80 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Do not create another BF 2142
  • nillzoR
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to see a Battlefield in Vietnam settings, bringing back choppers and letting us play in a jungle environment. As far as game-mechanics go, I currently think Battlefield V is okay, but I am going to second this:
    dA_9_eL_81 wrote: »

- Keep attrition
    - Keep playermovement

- Rework weapon-balance:
    Support - the laseracurate prone LMGs & MMGs has to go... I think BF4 had a good balance

- Unlock soldier cosmetics by completing objectivebased taske (cap flags, defend flags, play certain gamemodes, etc.)

- Add rented servers
    - Improve clansupport

Also want to add better anti-cheat system to this.

As far as graphics go, Battlefield 5 is a beautiful game, if you just focus on the how the game looks on ULTRA with RTX. I know that not everyone can afford this, but for us that do afford it, the game looks amazing, so graphical wise, I can only see better graphics with any new Battlefield title.

Smuk1337 wrote: »
    Do not create another BF 2142

For the love of god, please do NOT make a futuristic game. Keep to modern warfare, not some future warfare.
  • DCSTomcat
    1055 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I would like to see a persistent MMO Battlefield with hundreds even thousands of player fighting in one area, sorta like Planetside 2.

• Dreatlan
    5 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I will admit to not playing a lot of Battlefield games but, I can say that based on BF V, I don't think they will have much of a chance at this going rate. I tried to create my own post about this. If you wish to read it, I did put it in Google Docs. Short version is that I don't think they had a plan going in. I am not saying the game should be 100% realistic but, at the very least it should of been real enough to give a defined role to a particular vehicle or weapon

Example: The Valentine should of not been put in. They should of put the Crusader in. It was one of the few good British tanks. It was capable of taking on a Panzer IV. Anti Infantry capabilities should of been left to the Staghound, or the Churchill (specialized in the 95mm Howitzer) on the UK side

As it stands, the tanks are just graphics. They can do anything you want them to. There is no role. You play what feels best to you. That sucks because if I am going to choose to play a Heavy Tank, it should play like one. I should get some sort of bonus for moving slow

I won't pin the blame on Battlefield though. It is starting to become a normal thing for games like this. What I am talking about is they don't even bother to hire a consultant is the way they make it seem. I am not a history major and look how quickly I deconstructed the game logic (if there was any). I wish they got it in gear
  • DrizZlingBear
    edited February 9

If EA/Dice just has a fraction of braincells left they will be working towards a Bad Company 3 in a Vietnam-setting.

I have no idea regarding the core gamemechanics and wheter they will keep them or not... My suggestion would be:

- Keep attrition
    - Keep playermovement

- Rework weapon-balance:

- Add rented servers
    - Improve clansupport

There is a chance that the next Battlefield will be Bad company 3 with Vietnam settings.Rumors also saying that it will be developed by the team who made Bad Company 2 and also the same team who fixed BF4 messed.I hope its true cuz screw the team who made BF5 who made me question my loyalty to this franchise because of the SJW and PC crap.Also,it looks more like Star wars:Battlefront instead of Battlefield.

Check the video out about the 'potential' next BF release.

Edited for language. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • DrizZlingBear
    edited February 8

- Keep attrition
    - Keep playermovement

- Rework weapon-balance:

- Add rented servers
    - Improve clansupport

I agree with everything you said except for attrition.No.Just no.

There is a chance that the next BF will be Bad Company 3 with Vietnam settings .The game will not be develop by the team who made BFV,instead will be develop by the same team who made Bad Company 2.I seriously hope that this rumor is true because BFV made me question my loyalty to this franchise due to to PC and SJW stuff.I'm overall with the new gameplay and mechanics they offered in BFV,but pls,no politics in video games,please.

Take a look at this video and tell me your thoughts about the potential Bad Company 3 release.
    V
  • DrizZlingBear
    Dreatlan wrote: »
    I will admit to not playing a lot of Battlefield games but, I can say that based on BF V, I don't think they will have much of a chance at this going rate. I tried to create my own post about this. If you wish to read it, I did put it in Google Docs. Short version is that I don't think they had a plan going in. I am not saying the game should be 100% realistic but, at the very least it should of been real enough to give a defined role to a particular vehicle or weapon

Example: The Valentine should of not been put in. They should of put the Crusader in. It was one of the few good British tanks. It was capable of taking on a Panzer IV. Anti Infantry capabilities should of been left to the Staghound, or the Churchill (specialized in the 95mm Howitzer) on the UK side

As it stands, the tanks are just graphics. They can do anything you want them to. There is no role. You play what feels best to you. That sucks because if I am going to choose to play a Heavy Tank, it should play like one. I should get some sort of bonus for moving slow

I won't pin the blame on Battlefield though. It is starting to become a normal thing for games like this. What I am talking about is they don't even bother to hire a consultant is the way they make it seem. I am not a history major and look how quickly I deconstructed the game logic (if there was any). I wish they got it in gear

Hey man,I read your google doc sheet.I have to say,I'm impressed with your idea.Knowing EA/DICE.I don't think they will do it cuz they are not historically accurate in terms of their games.Take a look at BF1.But oh my,they managed to cross the limits in terms of historical inaccuracy with BFV.
  • CRAZY_EVAN1
    135 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    everybody forgets battlefield: hardline. why not something like that again but instead of police and criminals... counter-terrorists and terrorists.

please let me know when you want my bank account number you don't really know me but I might just, like a few others, be able to keep you in a job.