Marksman bonus? Any other factors.

ChiffonTooth8
24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Hi. Tonight I got a kill with a sniper rifle from a distance, one shot. The info that came up said +524 marksman bonus. I assumed because of that, because I heard the "ding" and because it was a one shot kill that it was a headshot. However, my stat for longest headshot still shows my old number of 457m. TBH I wouldn't have thought the shot was 524m either. Can anyone explain this?
Cheers,

Comments

• ChiffonTooth8
    24 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    OK seems like this stat is not updating. Got a HS at 490m today yet it is still showing the 457m.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1762 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think you may be confused about what that number means.. Those are the amount of points you got for making that shot..

Or maybe im misunderstanding what youre saying..
  • ChiffonTooth8
    edited February 9
    Hi, Maybe I am misunderstanding and that's what this post is really about. I am asking the question. I had read previously in several places that the "Marksman Bonus" which pops up when you get a headshot from a range over 50m was equal to the range of the shot. Actually just double checking a video on Youtube now, it is actually the number to the right of the Marksman Bonus figure, the one with the "+" in front of it, that I was thinking was the Marksman bonus.

So, my mistake. I thought the number with the "+" in front of it was the Marksman Bonus. It seems the Marksman Bonus is equal to the range, but the number to the right of it has the other scores added to that to give the total score of the shot.

Cheers,
  • EdwinSpangler
    1762 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Ok, yea we both learned something here..