Weekly BF

Recent changes to colors and lighting

Kongo030
667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I'm playing on a HDR TV but didn't make any changes on the TV settings or the video settings on the console. However this week the graphics changed. Colors are much more brighter and the sun glare and reflections maximized.

On the snow maps I can't even play as it is too bright. So I changed the brightness settings in game which made the snow maps playable but still worse than before. With these settings however dark areas are way too dark. Even fiddling with the setting per map I can't get it to work. Especially Rotterdam where you have dark corners but also sunlight you can't find a setting that works. Didn't have these problems since release.

Any clue what happened?

Comments

• Daytonaflyer
    91 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Did you check to make sure your TVs picture mode is set to "game" mode? Most newer TVs will switch automatically when PS4 is detected on, but it's possible that it didn't switch modes. The TV could be set to vibrant or something similar. I did notice some improvement to game colors recently, but nothing like you're describing.
  • TamKingski
    1747 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I heard some players in-game settings were reverted back to default after the last patch,could be worth checking incase yours reset too.
  • Kongo030
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nothing changed on the TV settings and the in game settings neither. Also the current contrast between light and dark areas was never that bad. In Rotterdam there is no setting to cope with dark stairways and the bright sunlight at the same time.