US Est. - Over 55 years of age BF Player

HotelSierra60
21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
US GMT5 Seeking Gray Haired, (no hair okay), Battlefield Friends!

By older I mean 50 years of age and older.

Why the post?

I'm 58 years of age; I don't have, "friends," who play BFV, (most "real life," friends don't game for that matter). The PSN friends I have are from recent games like Destiny, The Division, Final Fantasy XIV; not Battlefield games. I began playing BF3 on the PS3; did not start console gaming until 2012. I loved it and continue to prefer this form of PVP play.

I've posted multiple times on Battlefield Find a Friend Weekends. In these, I believed it important to disclose my age and my current skill level. I've never received a response; only the usual join our clan thing. These, of course, are not really about squad play as much as a means to add to their ranks while hoping they land a few beast players to squad up with. I'm not whining; I get it!

My eyesight and reflexes are in line with my age; just the way it is. I still play and have met a few folks to squad up from time to time but these are the exception; not the rule. I struggle mightily when running solo; the fun factor is greatly diminished.

There must be other 50-year-old and older; young at heart battlefield players who feel a similar frustration. You love the game but are having trouble with playing solo and don't have a younger gamers friends list. I'm hoping to find similarly aged gamers who can relate to what I'm attempting to say here. Gray Haired Gamers who think the idea of running a full squad of old dudes/dudettes sounds like it might be fun. We may/will struggle from time to time. I am betting that if we stick together; tap into our individual strengths while understanding our weaknesses we can become a decent squad! I'm not talking about the top of the leader board stuff; just fun/solid games with a decent percentage of wins. What say you!?! ****, just communicating with other squad mates facilitates a better and more satisfying experience. If you are like me and PTFO and this idea sounds like something you'd be interested in please shout out.

I play most evenings when not traveling for business. PSN ID is Whiskeyzulu60. (Putting sometime into Division 2 Beta)

Edit: Added Region; thanks to all for the encouragement and guidance!

Edit 2: WOW! Blown away by the BF Community Response here; thank you!

Comments

• Joe_Taco72
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    All the guys I play with are 40 plus, some over 50, professionals ( at something not sure what all the time) . We have a clan, sort of, nothing formal really. No blood letting or bare bottom spanking while wearing funny robes. We drink , smoke, laugh and talk nonsense all while PTFO. Partake in an occasional teabagging when the situation calls for it.
    I'm on a few nights a week most Friday night but some of the guys are on a lot more.

Drop me a FR if you'd like. PSN: Joe_Taco72
  • fisknyllet17
    1624 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Player Seeking Gray Haired, (no hair okay), Battlefield Friends! :)

By older I mean 50 years of age or older.

Why the post?

I'm 58 years of age; I don't have, "friends," who play BFV, (most don't game for that matter). I've posted multiple times on Battlefield Find a Friend Weekend. In these, I believed it important to disclose my age and my current skill level. I've never received a response; only the usual join our clan thing. These, of course, are not really about squad play as much as a means to add to their ranks while hoping they land a few beast players. I'm not whining; I get it and understand it.

My eyesight and reflexes are in line with my age; just the way it is. I still play and have met a few folks to squad up from time to time but these are the exception; not the rule. I struggle mightily when running solo; the fun factor is greatly diminished.

There must be other 50-year-old or older; young at heart battlefield players who feel a similar frustration. The specific reasons for these frustrations can vary; no need to get into that here. I'm hoping to find similarly aged gamers who can relate to what I'm attempting to say here. Gray Haired Gamers who think the idea of running a full squad of old dudes sounds like it might be fun. We may/will struggle from time to time. I am betting however if we stick together; tap into our individual strengths while understanding our weaknesses we will eventually become a decent squad! I'm not talking about the top of the leader board stuff; just solid games with a decent percentage of wins. What say you!?! ****, just communicating with other squad mates facilitates a better and more satisfying experience. If you are like me and PTFO and this idea sounds like something you'd be interested in please shout out.

I play most evenings when not traveling for business. PSN ID is Whiskeyzulu60.
    The bottletop boys are all sound. You'd be welcome to join FF when we play as well. Add me (same gt as name here) or Trokey66.
  • blindsniper63
    2344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

The bottletop boys are all sound. You'd be welcome to join FF when we play as well. Add me (same gt as name here) or Trokey66.[/quote]

Most kind sir, you lot are not so bad yourselves.
  • 3DDDevil
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Where in the world are you? Might help to know that so you can team up with players from the same area of the world.
  • HotelSierra60
    21 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    [Drop me a FR if you'd like. PSN: Joe_Taco72[/quote]

Will send it out later this afternoon; I belong (ed) to a clan and the tag is still on my toon in BF. Hope we can squad up sometime!

• Joe_Taco72
    57 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Clan tags don't matter to us we will ride with anyone.
  • PrairieGeek
    251 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 7
    Bottle top squad. Need more US players that just have fun. I cant get in with uk guys with the network issues right now

We play, we drink, we play some more. And we play for wins not kills. Screw the stats.

@blindsniper63
    Post edited by PrairieGeek on
  • blindsniper63
    2344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Bottle top squad. Need more us players that just have fun. I cant get in with uk guys with the network issues right now

We play, we drink, we play some more. And we play for wins not kills. Screw the stats.

@blindsniper63

We play, we drink & drink & drink then play some more while we are still drinking . Ding-a-ling
  • ILLOGITECH
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm a 44 year old player from Adelaide.
    Skill level = Poor-Average.
    Sense of humour = Excellent :)
    Any of you old buggers from Australia ?
  • HotelSierra60
    3DDDevil wrote: »
    Where in the world are you? Might help to know that so you can team up with players from the same area of the world.

US Est. Should have included that, apologies.
  • HotelSierra60
    cool, sending fr now
  • blindsniper63
    ILLOGITECH wrote: »

Got a Kiwi in my platoon for you who is looking for players down your end, i played with him on an aussie server and my ping was 400, same when he joins us in UK.
    PSN Chaotic - - Kiwi if you could help each other out , he is oldish but a good laugh @chaotic_xXx_kiwi
  • astroboy
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 7
    I am not over 55, but feel as though I'm in the same boat here... I'm 43 and consider myself a mediocre player who gets picked off a lot (I don't care about stats but my KD is about 0.6). I'm not competitive and just want to enjoy playing the game. I have no friends who play BF, and would love to join a group to play with on occasion. I've thought about trying to find groups before, but am scared I'd be a liability to truly competitive gamers... this feels like more my fit.

I'm in the Pacific Time Zone (Vancouver, Canada), and play pretty much every night for a couple of hours at about 7pm PST and then usually a bit more after midnight. Friend requests are welcome... I'm @astroboy314 on the PSN.
  • astroboy
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not over 55 but this feels like it's what I've been looking for. I'm 43 and consider myself a mediocre player who just wants to have fun playing the game. I've thought about looking for a group to join in the past but always worry I'd be a liability to a truly competitive group of gamers (it's the same reason I hate driving tanks or piloting an airplane). None of my friends play BF and it would be great if I could find a group that I could join up with once in a while.

I live in the Pacific Time Zone (Vancouver, Canada) and play almost every night for a couple of hours at about 7pm PST, and then usually I'll play a bit more after midnight. Feel free to send me a friend request... my PSN network name is Astroboy314.
  • druums098
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    You can add me if you want I am the same as you 58 years old reaction time not great anymore
  • druums098
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Forgot to give my psn name Drumstar098
  • chaotic_xXx_kiwi
    363 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Got a Kiwi in my platoon for you who is looking for players down your end, i played with him on an aussie server and my ping was 400, same when he joins us in UK.
    PSN Chaotic - - Kiwi if you could help each other out , he is oldish but a good laugh @chaotic_xXx_kiwi

Who you calling old @blindsniper63 lol
  • chaotic_xXx_kiwi
    363 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

What's yr psn? @ILLOGITECH
  • GeriatricKiwi
    40 postsMember Member
    edited February 8

New Zealand here mate
    53 and similar skill,humour
    PSN Planarwarp
    Mostly on at weekends, been keen to hook up for game or two B)
    Post edited by GeriatricKiwi on