Weekly Debrief

DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V

Braddock512
1286 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
Hello Battlefield V Community,

Today we released "Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V" blog, providing some insight into our efforts for fair play in Battlefield V, our goals on constantly improving detection, and dedication to the Battlefield community.

What are the top five things DICE is doing to prevent cheating in Battlefield V?
  • Working on better prevention, hardening the PC client against exploits.
  • Scaling up detection efforts.
  • Investigating supplementary deterrence methods which can work alongside banning accounts.
  • Investigating methods of improving the reporting flow, including easier reporting.
  • Keeping up to date with the latest cheat developments and reacting to them in a faster and leaner manner.

We definitely want to work with the community on improving our anti-cheat efforts as an ongoing commitment to our Battlefield V community as part of our Live Service.
We'd love to have your feedback, suggestions, questions, so we've opened this thread to gather all of that. We ask that you keep it constructive and productive. Together we can continue improving Battlefield V for all of us.

So, read through the blog and come back to share your feedback.

Jeff Braddock
North American Community Manager - Battlefield

Comments

• Cropulus
    261 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It would be good to report the amount of bans that are given, during a certain period. I understand this might be negative publicity, but this will serve as a prevention method for some cheaters as now the impression is given by some that noone gets caught.

An official statement on what is considered cheating. Maybe a list? I am not using scripts, but any posts on that are removed, so I am not sure whether they are allowed.

Maybe use battlefield tracker as well? Score per minute leaderboard top 100 seems rather dodgy to me.

People have indicated that sent in video’s are not being viewer by DICE personnel. Is that true? Do you not want to receive videos?
  • ShadowHunterFi
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Kauzer_RF wrote: »
    To do list:
    - in game few clicks report method. Also If cheating player gets for example 20 reports from 64 playing on that server ppl, he should be kicked from server and notification sended to EA\DICE support crew;
    - maximum cruel panishment for cheaters, i mean origin account ban;

In my opinion, (suspected) hackers should not be banned from Origin. This is because some people might just be good, and seem like hackers. This would basically get legit, skilled players completely locked out of their Origin games. Of course, this could be a good method if the player is CLEARLY hacking, but milder hacks, such as WH (if it's hidden very well) can be hard to spot and good players can seem like hackers due to their awareness and aim.
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    To do list:
    - in game few clicks report method. Also If cheating player gets for example 20 reports from 64 playing on that server ppl, he should be kicked from server and notification sended to EA\DICE support crew;

In my opinion, (suspected) hackers should not be banned from Origin. This is because some people might just be good, and seem like hackers. This would basically get legit, skilled players completely locked out of their Origin games. Of course, this could be a good method if the player is CLEARLY hacking, but milder hacks, such as WH (if it's hidden very well) can be hard to spot and good players can seem like hackers due to their awareness and aim.

I'm was not speaking about suspected players, i'm speaking about ppl which shoot in the skys with MG and killing enemys at another end of the map etc. 100% confirmed cheater should be punished very hard, as much as devs could do it in theory. Unfair game lovers should clearly understand what will they recieve after using cheats. At the moment we have cheaters because the got ban only on one server, and nothing stops them to just join to another one. Full account ban will fix it.
  • RichardSinerface
    78 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    To do list:

This sounds like you are worried. Any reason you might be worried? Skill? HAHAHA

"But now I can't play SIMS"

Then don't cheat, not that hard. They explain that they look into cheaters and don't just ban people due to a report. The report just starts the investigation. If you are worried about getting banned don't cheat
  • PoppaPappo
    236 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DirtHole72 wrote: »

I know you guys got a black eye for not having Battle Royale out when the game released. Personally it is no big deal to me, I can wait. But I tell you what, you think cheating destroys a game in modes like conquest or breakout. Think about how ONE CHEATER in battle royale will kill the game for 100 people, every time. You think the community is angry about cheating now, wait until battle royale comes out if its not addressed. My advice, don't release it until it is. Even if it takes 6 months.

This. This cannot be emphasized enough. Cheating will kill Battle Royale. Full stop. This should be of the highest possible priority. If EA/Dice cannot or will not recognize this, then, well...
This discussion has been closed.