DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V

Comments

• b490920
    12 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 24
    i don't know what is wrong with dice for making the game worse everytime a new bf is out by taking out the good feature. i played a game with hacker yesterday, but because it is a tide of wave game, i can't get into spectator mode to record hacker's behavior. i tried to record it anyway. i went out trying to get kill by the hacker but i quickly realise it is stupid cause it is just not the hacker that are trying to kill me, the whole enemy team is doing it as well and i have no idea where the hacker it. and at last i was able to get killed by the hacker for once and the game end swiftly after that. i still have the video, but im not sure it is convincing enough. this not just me or my team claiming the guy being a hacker, even people on the enemy team are claiming so as well and i think a lot of people on that match did report him. but to be honest i don't this is a good way to prove one being a hacker.

spectator mode is a really good tool to check if a player is a hacker or not.
  • taslehoff
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well i paid my money , played the game but I am out of here, just too many cheaters in the servers.
  • DancesWthMice
    85 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Early in the opening weeks of BF5, when there were fewer cheats, I dipped three guns in gold. Try doing that now with all the servers hack infested! Heck, instead of gold they should now dip them in platinum. 20 head shots while in an objective area fighting hackers....yeah...not so much
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12840 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @DancesWthMice
    I have given up with the TOW stuff like that for the time being.

The only saving grace for me is I am able to complete some of the weapon assignments in co-op ( get 20 headshots while prone etc )
  • xxxTUCO
    36 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    crapjon wrote: »
    Dedicated servers with community admins will take care of most of the cheating without any help(money) from EA/DICE except the initial setup of the servers. Even a simple 'Vote-kick' polling option for official servers would alleviate a lot of it(sure it can be abused, but it's better than what we have now).

older BF titles have the vote ban/kick. it failed and never worked. 1st you needed a very high % of the server to win the vote. why include the enemy team to vote? they like the fact they were base ****. also there was an option to disable chat, so 25% of the server never saw the ban messages. these were games with aimbotter going 150 to 0 and still no votekick/ban. server just emptied. sad times, cheers dice
  • Digger_CB
    73 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Played on 4 different servers yesterday afternoon and came across 4 obviouse hackers and possibly 2 to 3 sus players. Also I have been told by a friend that EA has broken Fair fight so seems like a lot of these obvious hackers are having free reign. Seriously guys fast track your anti cheat the one you have now is failing hard.
  • GenCuster
    58 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    GenCuster wrote: »
    You want a best fight for the cheat : give us on pc the opportunity to make our dedicated servers as before battlefield 1, with Procon & plugins (with plugins anti-cheat).
    Exemple : in bf4 (bf3, bbc2....) the admins and their clan were much more involved in the game so the cheaters were quickly detetctés and banned.

does not always work .... for example if you enter the BF3 server of the [removed] clan and say the word "have a cheater" you are immediately thrown out because they are the same admin who use cheat ... creating a sort of "hunting reserve" to be able to do what you like most, and this will also happen in BFV.
    a solution could be to create a group of DICE admin that randomly enter the games and instantly control the various players (it happened so 'in Warrock) and banning them live with the joy of all the players present giving' also the impression of being protected, but above all controlle

I disagree . It always works . You see you have a choice where to play . EA will still have it's official servers and there could be other private servers to choose from . If you don't like a private server , than don't play there . Freedom of choice .

maybe you're confusing
    here we are not talking about the freedom of choice to enter a server or another ... but free to use cheat or not, even if a server is private, access is still free to everyone.
    as it is private, do you have the right to use cheat?
  • Hercules728
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 25
    Cheating is never acceptable and anyone hacking should receive a lifetime ban . Anyone who rents a server to cheat on it , should be banned as well .
  • Gatornade
    25 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 26
    News flash! They already have your money, and perhaps they just don't care ...I don't know. You can talk in these forums until you are blue in the face, but nothing will change. The only way to get their attention is when folks stop buying as many copies of the game as the prior release. DICE makes the best shooter around, in my opinion, and Battlefield V is no exception. Unfortunately, it is ruined by having so many hackers running rampant in the game. Lately I have noticed a significant number of cheats in the game, and they are getting worse and worse as each day passes. I am almost to a point where I might stop playing it altogether.
    Post edited by Gatornade on
  • NETCODEKNIFESUCK
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 25
    Now it's late, bf4 and bfh are full of cheater aimbot wallhack invisible fly cheater you only see the weapon, if you want to permanently delete these people of **** and resume in a little consensus and credibility as a company, n1 put a server level program that immediately controls anyone who makes + 10 kill at close range n2 I am amazed that you are not able to control all suspicious accounts in short those of the type 7h game and 9 of kd in short you have to show that you care about users who pay and that like me do not buy more games x disappointed by games ruined by cheater !! On the other hand, if someone like me tries to report cheats through videos or statistics sites, you block me for the name shame protector cheater and put the bars on my avatar as if I am the delinquent seems ridiculous to you I think DICE should create a forum dedicated to receiving videos of games where there are cheaters and then take action and delete the cheater of the video instead put behind bars that denounces them, ridiculous!

• Hercules728
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    You want a best fight for the cheat : give us on pc the opportunity to make our dedicated servers as before battlefield 1, with Procon & plugins (with plugins anti-cheat).
    Exemple : in bf4 (bf3, bbc2....) the admins and their clan were much more involved in the game so the cheaters were quickly detetctés and banned.

does not always work .... for example if you enter the BF3 server of the [removed] clan and say the word "have a cheater" you are immediately thrown out because they are the same admin who use cheat ... creating a sort of "hunting reserve" to be able to do what you like most, and this will also happen in BFV.
    a solution could be to create a group of DICE admin that randomly enter the games and instantly control the various players (it happened so 'in Warrock) and banning them live with the joy of all the players present giving' also the impression of being protected, but above all controlle

I disagree . It always works . You see you have a choice where to play . EA will still have it's official servers and there could be other private servers to choose from . If you don't like a private server , than don't play there . Freedom of choice .

maybe you're confusing
    here we are not talking about the freedom of choice to enter a server or another ... but free to use cheat or not, even if a server is private, access is still free to everyone.
    as it is private, do you have the right to use cheat?

What are you talking about ( freedom to cheat ) ? On a private server everyone is allowed to come on and play . The person or the group pay for slots on a server and they call it home . There are server admins to make sure someone is not ruining the server with cheats . In the current state of BFV there are no choices you have to play Official EA servers .

I'd like some freedom of choice with a RSP program . It's too late now . Cheating should be a lifetime ban from a game . I don't condone cheating in any form hacking , macros , texture removal , ect . Hope that answers your question .
  • Austacker
    430 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Unless DICE have a definitive approach to addressing the XIM/ChronusMax use on console, then they're straight up not serious about addressing cheating in this game.

I appreciate that the worst offenders are on PC with the aim bots and wall hacks, but in the console world, the Mouse/Keyboard users are going to have a massive advantage over the pure controller players.

Microsoft offers the API openly to developers to monitor this (to those that think they can use this and not be detected - you're straight up incorrect), it's up to the developers to actually do anything about it.

So far DICE, has shown zero commitment to tackling the mouse/keyboard use on console.
  • STOPchris
    493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 26
    Did they actually do something? Or, are they still just talking? I know, how about you cut your CEO's pay and use the money to invest in an anti-cheat solution?
  • xeNizKing
    349 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Does anyone know if Nvidia has patched out (or the devs some how managed to patch out) the exploit with Nvidia drivers which allowed you to lower the visuals of the game beyond what they are intended?

I really hope it has been or is in the progress of being done. Its not a "hack" but it is still cheating and should be stopped, I've felt almost no change since jackfrags did a video on it not that his video should bring about a change immediately or something like that but you'd think it would be important enough to stop already. Getting shot from angles and places I just normally wouldn't be seen so many times...(not just oh I thought I was sneaky, literal cover thats being essentially removed because of this stupid exploit).
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    xeNizKing wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Nvidia has patched out (or the devs some how managed to patch out) the exploit with Nvidia drivers which allowed you to lower the visuals of the game beyond what they are intended?

I really hope it has been or is in the progress of being done. Its not a "hack" but it is still cheating and should be stopped, I've felt almost no change since jackfrags did a video on it not that his video should bring about a change immediately or something like that but you'd think it would be important enough to stop already. Getting shot from angles and places I just normally wouldn't be seen so many times...(not just oh I thought I was sneaky, literal cover thats being essentially removed because of this stupid exploit).

They have already found ways around the "patch."
  • Cropulus
    259 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It has been quite a while since this thread was started. To me it seems you really should start communicating that you have heard our pleas and are going to do X, Y and Z. How come Apex have launched a game and already communicated that they banned 16k accounts and you have nothing to show for? Was not Apex launched after you started this thread? They already communicated additional measures and commitment to fight cheating, admittedly the latter is something you have also done but without much to show for that just seems to be a promise and nothing more.

I would be happy to hunt for cheaters on your servers for two hours a week. Provided I can personally issue the bans. If I go about it the wrong way, you can revoke those rights obviously.

• rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 26
    EA's "DICE" current and continuing approach to "Anti-Cheat".

• Axlerod1
    1373 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Austacker wrote: »

Unless DICE have a definitive approach to addressing the XIM/ChronusMax use on console, then they're straight up not serious about addressing cheating in this game.

I appreciate that the worst offenders are on PC with the aim bots and wall hacks, but in the console world, the Mouse/Keyboard users are going to have a massive advantage over the pure controller players.

Microsoft offers the API openly to developers to monitor this (to those that think they can use this and not be detected - you're straight up incorrect), it's up to the developers to actually do anything about it.

So far DICE, has shown zero commitment to tackling the mouse/keyboard use on console.

This is why we need in game admins with tools to control the server like what we use to have with procon. Not the BF1 RSP crap that did nothing for us.
    First thing to do in stopping cheats is to have physical people policing the server.
    Anticheat system is great but it will not catch everything as is the case with BF1 and BF5.
This discussion has been closed.