Weekly BF

DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V

Comments

• alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Axlerod1 wrote: »
    Austacker wrote: »
    DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V

Unless DICE have a definitive approach to addressing the XIM/ChronusMax use on console, then they're straight up not serious about addressing cheating in this game.

I appreciate that the worst offenders are on PC with the aim bots and wall hacks, but in the console world, the Mouse/Keyboard users are going to have a massive advantage over the pure controller players.

Microsoft offers the API openly to developers to monitor this (to those that think they can use this and not be detected - you're straight up incorrect), it's up to the developers to actually do anything about it.

So far DICE, has shown zero commitment to tackling the mouse/keyboard use on console.

This is why we need in game admins with tools to control the server like what we use to have with procon. Not the BF1 RSP crap that did nothing for us.
    First thing to do in stopping cheats is to have physical people policing the server.
    Anticheat system is great but it will not catch everything as is the case with BF1 and BF5.

It's pretty clear at this point they do not care. I don't even know if it's related to the quantity they sold, or if they don't care no matter how many units shipped. If they wanted to do a better job at AC, they would. It's not rocket science, there are third-party solutions that work better than what they have but... they don't care.
  • 1hit_Muscle
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Something needs to be done about rampant team quitting while losing and afking in matches. It's a serious issue on console. I'd put quitting to avoid taking a loss up there as a cheat, and it happens way too often with no consequence. In previous games quits were tracked, and it seriously needs to be done again. There is no way the top players have a 99% winrate without cheating the system. I've seen many comebacks when players stick it out and fight to the end, but as more people see that you can quit and move on games turn into steamrolls and the server dies. It also does a disservice to those that end up getting in a game for a minute to take a loss.
  • DigitalHype
    779 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    xeNizKing wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Nvidia has patched out (or the devs some how managed to patch out) the exploit with Nvidia drivers which allowed you to lower the visuals of the game beyond what they are intended?

I really hope it has been or is in the progress of being done. Its not a "hack" but it is still cheating and should be stopped, I've felt almost no change since jackfrags did a video on it not that his video should bring about a change immediately or something like that but you'd think it would be important enough to stop already. Getting shot from angles and places I just normally wouldn't be seen so many times...(not just oh I thought I was sneaky, literal cover thats being essentially removed because of this stupid exploit).

The "fix" that DICE implemented for this was a joke. They just overwrote the driver profile files at launch. Anyone with half a brain can figure out how to circumvent that. Everyone that was using LoD bias exploit is using it again.

DICE did absolutely nothing to detect it. The only way people get banned for it, is if they are streaming gameplay while using the exploit.
  • Axlerod1
    1378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Could you imagine the government being ran by EA.
    We would have a group making all kinds of laws with punishments then that same group would fire all law enforcement officers.
    What is the point in having laws if there is no one to enforce those laws?

What is the point is making statements that cheaters will be banned and EA is going to do something about cheating, yet there is no one to police it.

All EA dice has done for going on 3 years now is create KAOS in battlefield. The game is no longer fun to play. You can not play unless it is against cheaters. There is nothing we or anyone can do about it.

FIX = Do not buy anymore EA games. Let them see further lack of your dollars and EA will change it's attitude.
  • Hercules728
    203 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Could you imagine the government being ran by EA.
    We would have a group making all kinds of laws with punishments then that same group would fire all law enforcement officers.
    What is the point in having laws if there is no one to enforce those laws?

What is the point is making statements that cheaters will be banned and EA is going to do something about cheating, yet there is no one to police it.

All EA dice has done for going on 3 years now is create KAOS in battlefield. The game is no longer fun to play. You can not play unless it is against cheaters. There is nothing we or anyone can do about it.

FIX = Do not buy anymore EA games. Let them see further lack of your dollars and EA will change it's attitude.

Played last night , just awful the other team had 5 cheaters , we only had one . I'm going to take a break the game for a while , it was zero fun last night .
  • LOLGotYerTags
    13261 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    @Wonkenstein

help.ea.com
  • Blackie03
    18 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As a presidence , this is the answer to our third party server request!
    Read this from BF1. https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/92938/please-let-us-have-3rd-party-servers

• Axlerod1
    1378 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
  • JohnnySeven
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    according to this topic heading, there should be no discussions in here because there is no anti-cheat approach,
    (I think EA has a share in the cheat sites imho)
  • DocCuda418
    155 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    With Anthem and BFV dying already I think they are pinning their hopes on microtransactions in Apex.
  • alienstout
    680 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DocCuda418 wrote: »
    With Anthem and BFV dying already I think they are pinning their hopes on microtransactions in Apex.

FIFA and Madden power the House of EA.
  • Relinquisher
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Should ask for SSN of players that want to play game.
  • Kunstula
    433 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member

Terrible idea. No way I would trust the incompetent EA with my SSN. Not to mention it is US specific.

I agree, but making it mandatory to link a verified bank account number/credit card and a verified telephone number to an Origin account would not go too far IMO, it would definitely help in reducing cheating.
  • 0ld_yell0w
    406 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Kunstula wrote: »

Terrible idea. No way I would trust the incompetent EA with my SSN. Not to mention it is US specific.

I agree, but making it mandatory to link a verified bank account number/credit card and a verified telephone number to an Origin account would not go too far IMO, it would definitely help in reducing cheating.

But, THAT would be a breach of the GPDR in case you posted anything related to that ...
    I DO agree that it would likely reduce some of the cheating though.
    We end up in circles here, mainly because I dont think anyone from EA gives a rats xxxx about it.

off topic: I didn't know anthem was doing badly ?

• Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

some people just want a orwellian society.
  • Axlerod1
    And some people just want to play a shooter that doesn't have 37% of the player base cheating.
  • mario
    6 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    just again some perfect examples of cheating *******. It's not funy anymore, EA/Dice completely lost track. They start something, get a shitload of reactions from the community but stay silent all the way. Are they hoping it will blow away? Why no reactions on the posts?
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And some people just want to play a shooter that doesn't have 37% of the player base cheating.

Where are you coming up with those numbers?
This discussion has been closed.