DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V

Comments

• Red_Label_Scotch
    1232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Well, pubg costs 30, and it has a working anti-cheat, finally.
  • GenCuster
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited March 28
    I think someone abused too many glasses of red label scotch........:smiley: :smiley:
  • jog0ff
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    GenCuster wrote: »
    I think D...d S.....d has abused too many glasses of red label scotch........:smiley: :smiley:

yup, and his tweet shows how much he really cares about us, players ..ehm, customers as we've paid money for something which is broken and no sign of having it fixed .. I'm really pissed off
  • Erichhartmann
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Disable TAA!!!
  • Hercules728
    202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    DrunkwoIf wrote: »
    hah 30$ for a hacked to death shooter, i can get one of those off steam for free. I guess they dont understand we would pay alot more than 30 bucks for something done right.

I would have paid 120.00 for this game if it had a decent anti cheat and RSP with actual Admins policing their private servers . I guess they will be selling all their games for 30.00 from now on . I would never ever buy another EA game at launch , I will just wait a month and get it for half price . Horrible business model by EA .
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I personally think all the good programmers have left & old management has gone and all these new people are in, they have destroyed the series.
  • AK_Stealthy_A
    99 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I don't think anyone at EA knows what listen really means, they only want to dictate to us the Customer.

well, they are going to go under as a company, the only way they could save what they have left is, to be honest with us & fix the game the way we want to.

hahaha, the funny thing is when BF1 had issues they gave us battle packs, they cannot give us a dam thing in BFV so stupid.

I wouldn't mind betting that EA work environment is a take-off the TV series "The Office", you should be so proud.

• Myrenous
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    this game is so over run by hackers its fing ridiculous.. I=seems like ever time im prone in a tree bush what ever I seem to get gunned down by someone with a insert weapon here at extreme range due to the esp + aim bot combo..... ther isn't aplayer o the panet that can come around a corner an instantly see a player in a bush in distance and hit him without missing.... again EA when are you going to address this issue and put decent active scanning into the game .. it is not hard other games like world war 3 have done so with great success. so when are you going to step up and do something about the hacking …. or do you reall just niot care... its one or the other either your care or you don't
  • GenCuster
    55 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    We can ask to use a valid anticheat to infinity,
    will be able to work to develop a valid anticheat to infinity .....
    But at the base of it all, as long as "Origin Access" exists, with a few dollars you can buy your account continuously, the problem will not be solved.
    Any imbecile can spend a paltry sum every Sunday and pass it to "have fun" .... so much if they ban him ... a few dollars and another account and start again ....
    Another thing if the game you have to pay another € 100 ......
    EA market strategies ???
    Result ..... 350 marketing dismissed.
    Happy with them ....... everyone happy
  • EdwinSpangler
    1775 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I personally think all the good programmers have left & old management has gone and all these new people are in, they have destroyed the series.

That became very obvious with this most recent installment of "battlefield".
  • HuwJarz
    3868 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’d really like someone to help me understand how we are meant to take this thread seriously.

A YouTube video gets made by @SMK_GAMING_1 with 200k views, clearly exposing a cheater and yet that account is still in all the leaderboards.

What message is this sending? Someone please help me understand how I reconcile the public statements with the actual behaviours of the developer.
  • jog0ff
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I love how EA/Dice doesn't even understand what a discussion means. A discussion is not start a post and then NEVER VISIT IT AGAIN. Seems to me that in order to have a discussion EA would need to actually respond. Even just a response that says "We hear you, but we are in way over our head with this whole make a video game thing. We are going to try our best to stop cheaters, but don't hold your breath."

Why pay $30 for a garbage game when you can get so many hack fest games as FTP? $30 would be a good price for BF5 if BF5 was a good game. Sadly we aren't there yet and might not ever get there.

dis·cus·sion
    /dəˈskəSH(ə)n/Submit
    noun
    the action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision or to exchange ideas.
    "the proposals are not a blueprint but ideas for discussion"
    a conversation or debate about a certain topic.
    plural noun: discussions
    "discussions about environmental improvement programs"
    synonyms: conversation, talk, dialogue, discourse, conference, debate, exchange of views, consultation, deliberation; More
    a detailed treatment of a particular topic in speech or writing.
    synonyms: examination, exploration, analysis, study, review, scrutiny; More

you're right mate, at this stage its 22 pages of rant without any input from Dice / EA side .. sad
  • 287martin
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    EA not interested in pc market not enough profit for them. That's pretty clear, anti cheat is rubbish there are no rental servers etc most of features that are expected and considered standard in a pc fps are missing
  • GenCuster
    287martin wrote: »
    EA not interested in pc market not enough profit for them. That's pretty clear, anti cheat is rubbish there are no rental servers etc most of features that are expected and considered standard in a pc fps are missing

So all the money we spend constantly implementing our PCs with newer and newer motherboards ... more and more performing cores ..... graphics cards that cost thousands of € ... (Personally I spent about 1500 € lately to update it) IN NO WAY
    At this point we should all switch to the X-box or Playstation ... with € 250 on average we would solve our problems .....
    I would be curious to understand what MSI, NVIDIA and Corsair think if their market will suddenly fall ......
    We are probably wrong in thinking of asking EA / DICE to CLEAN their games.
    Someone else should ask.
  • 287martin
    143 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I'm not saying get a console I don't have one. It just appears EA have killed the pc community and have no intention of doing anything to fix it for financial reasons it's very sad. For me the only way to play fps games on pc is on a dedicated clan server with admins even if it means paying for a guaranteed slot. EA doesn't want to provide this so my money is spent elsewhere, there's plenty of games to play on pc
This discussion has been closed.