DISCUSSION: Our Anti-Cheat Approach to Battlefield V

Comments

• SithMetal71
    120 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Those that cheat are pathetic low lifes who are so brain dead they deserve everything they get, ban them for life on all platforms, restrict theur personal details and address, also work with isp and work on restricting their access. A red flag against someone who deliberatley disrupts other players.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    1244 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    How would you rate the anti-cheat of Battlefield V in its first ~3 months or so, @Braddock512 ?

A, B, C, D, F?
  • srq_kilobyte
    0 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    Played tonight with 2 players stating they are purposefully cheating and saying they do it because DICE doesn't care and it has been 4 weeks with 0 repercussions...Additionally they say they have multiple accounts so they just simply move on the the next one if something happens.

Here is a screenshot of the said hacker openly admitting it saying he' just doing it to **** others off. Shame on you DICE for allowing this to happen...
    He went 72 and 0, and 2nd account when 61 and 0... both with auto aimbots, fully scripted... he said he wasn't even playing.

Here are blatant videos of the cheating as well -

Naming/shaming screenshots + video removed. - EA_Cian

Edit: So just to understand your approach to anti-cheat is basically to make it not work I guess? So you say that we should use the "report" system which seemingly has 0 results that I've seen. The same players are still cheating the same way they were 4 weeks ago, which I have reported more times than I can count... So why am I wasting my time again with something that obviously has no effect? Secondly, we cannot actually tell you who is cheating on a forum because you're worried it will "shame" the cheater? Am I the only one who finds this to make 0 sense? Are you really more concerned with "shaming" a cheater compared to having legit players have a good experience?....wow.. EA has clearly lost touch...
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • BL00DY-ROY
    33 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    And several recent games I have had issues with ghost players. I have also seen some videos of this online. People will have multiple PC or console setup and join ghost accounts to the opposite team. They do this to cheat in the following ways.
    1.) reduce the players against them
    2.) kill the ghost player and take the weapon so they get any weapon they want out of class
    3.) Grab the opposing team's vehicles and then instantly destroy them or just sit in them.
    4.) See every player on the map on a second screen
    5.) Jump to the winning team to boost their stats.
    6.) Get around the anti cheat in a very simple manner

My suggestions would be to
    1.) Only allow 1 player in the game per public IP
    2.) If bumping players that share a public IP in the same game is an issue then have an inactivity timer of like 2 minutes. If two players share the same IP and they do not deploy within 2 minutes or deploy and do not move for 2 minutes then bump them from the game.
    3.) Dump accounts that have 20-30 hours of gameplay and only one kill or no kills. Or who have only been killed one or two times during each match and have no kills.

I understand you guys don't want to discourage lan parties and stuff like that where a group of people may be sharing the same public IP but there are still ways to bump these ghost players from the game.

Thanks for your time

Can you please list videos that show this? I have seen 1 video of this, and highly doubt this is a problem of many doing this. some might cooperate and be on different teams, but ghost accounts (I know they exist) but have not seen videos / remarks that proves this is a big issue (yes they are cheating, and deserves to be banned either way).
  • wc138
    1116 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'm unsure of whether or not this has been addressed in the thread because I could not find mention of it, but it would be great to hear a verdict from a DICE/EA rep on the console situation:

Is the controller plug-in and it's scripts (don't want to mention it's name/brand) considered cheating? It's a pretty hot topic at the moment and really needs to be addressed.
  • Braddock512
    1328 postsMember, Administrator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, EA Community Manager, Battlefield V
    wc138 wrote: »
    Is the controller plug-in and it's scripts (don't want to mention it's name/brand) considered cheating? It's a pretty hot topic at the moment and really needs to be addressed.
    Scripts/Mods that unfairly give an advantage are a violation and are considered cheating (like scripts to reduce recoil, etc.)

-Braddock512-
  • TamKingski
    1750 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    wc138 wrote: »
    Scripts/Mods that unfairly give an advantage are a violation and are considered cheating (like scripts to reduce recoil, etc.)

-Braddock512-

Ty for the clarification.
    does dice plan on implementing something to block these devices?
    Are dice talking with the console manufacturers on making these devices unusable on console?
  • sharpdefine
    5 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    An answer on my questions would be nice. Or can we assume that you have banned exactly 0 players ?
  • About_600_cats
    22 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Sk1lld wrote: »
    As far as tips, it's a bit late for that. Like wrangling cats IMHO.

Please refrain from wrangling cats, thank you.
  • DocCuda418
    158 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Without an RSP this problem will never be solved. I think RSP would really save this game. Let the community help. BF4 has hacking under control as long as you never play one of the EA servers. The third party site they mostly use backs up the bans with statistics, video, an appeals process. If EA wont do it thats cool, give us the RSP and the tools to do it ourselves.
  • STOPchris
    572 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    What about your EXTREMELY negative image that has been created? The one that A LOT of customers believe that you guys do absolutely NOTHING to get rid of cheaters? Was this blog post supposed to reverse this? LOL, nice try. Especially, when we hear stories about companies, like Take 2, suing cheat developers. Or, hearing about other company's ban numbers, like PUBG. Or, hearing massive numbers of players cry on the Steam VAC forum about getting banned. With those other companies, we see RESULTS. With you guys, we see TALK and... Well, players cheating in your games.
  • firstnote
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    i want my GD money back
  • firstnote
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Member
    edited February 13
    When u attack a cheater , he attacks back and tries to make u look like the fool i might as well post all the paid for and free hack sites while im playing this garbage
  • EdwinSpangler
    1793 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    KingAl72 wrote: »
    Braddock5122. I think Dice/EA either misunderstand privacy laws or are abusing it in a dirty and underhand manner. Meaning privacy laws apply to legal birth names. Not aliasis or game names. Naming a cheaters public gaming name is NOT unlawful or illegal and never has been.

I think this is a question in a lot of people's minds.. Wtf??

However....
    KingAl72 wrote: »
    3. In roughly two Months I've personally reported over 3,000 cheaters hackers in BFV via origin.

Thats 50 videos youre editing, uploading, and sending to EA each day.. Lets not embellish the truth here now.. We want everything straight forward and honest right? Well thats gotta come from both sides..
  • markxocean
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Guys, just take it easy about the cheaters and hackers
    Remember to Pre-order the next BATTLEFIELD in November 2019 and support EA but it will be 50% off after 2 weeks and no Anti-cheat system too , this is GREAT !!!!!!!!
  • SpiraledTube
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How are people cheating? I mean, in what way?
  • Private_Tom_7
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The population of BFV is drastically decreasing due to hackers. The lowest work in the BF series.
  • kleines_Bierchen
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This game is dead….the cheaters get more and more and Dice did nothing....NOTHING....after 130 Hours of playing game now deinstalled...never again Dice..never again!! GJ
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The population of BFV is drastically decreasing due to hackers. The lowest work in the BF series.

I disagree. Bfv is decreasing because the game simply is not a great game. Gunplay is great. Hardcore elements like health attrition, terrible map design, lack of dlc content, and visibility helped this game die quick.

It's update day and there's less people on today than one might think. I think you can stick a fork in this game. It's done unfortunately.
This discussion has been closed.