Weekly BF

Ammo Crates - Why I Never Use Them

2»

Comments

• asittingduck
    188 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Because they drop through the maps, all of them, 90% of the time.

How many months of upgrades? What is wrong with this picture?

Why in the hell can't DICE / EA fix this glitch?

OK are saying all crates drop through the maps and it all the maps or all the crates drop through the maps?

Yes a lot do if placed on elevated ground, but knowing this you can decide when to place them. Because of this I'd say 90 to 95% of the crates I place are fine. I've even placed them on the 1st floor of buildings no problem (I believe second floor to americans as we count the ground floor as the 1st)
    Yes it's a glitch that is a tad annoying but I ha e faith that it will be rectified.

I don't think anyone is here is trying to start an argument with you, asittingduck. That said, I don't understand your question. Can you perhaps read it yourself, and try to fix the question you're asking?

Here's yours, verbatim: "OK are saying all crates drop through the maps and it all the maps or all the crates drop through the maps?"

I do apologise, in my defence I'm typing away on my mobile phone at work in the middle of the night, just goes to prove men can't multi task.

You said
    "Because they drop through the maps, all of them, 90% of the time."

What I meant to ask was, are you saying that all crates drop through all the maps, or are all crates you place dropping through the maps.

From the games I've played I've found it's only certain surfaces they drop through.
    Considering ammo crates have been in all battlefield game you'd think this would be a simple thing to get right, and yes it's annoying, but with all said and done ammo pouches are pointless as bullets are so easy to come by.

Got it now, and thanks for the clarification. Here is mine:

The ammo crates drop through ALL of the maps, every map. It doesn't matter what map you're on, if you drop one in the "wrong" place (although, the wrong places aren't marked as such, like with a sign that says, "Warning! Do not drop ammo crate in this area!"), it will drop through the ground, or floor, or bridge, or road, or grass - - you name it, it'll fall through it.

That said, they don't drop through every place, on every map. Drop them on a bridge, they will fall through it. Drop them on the second or third floors of practically any building (or perhaps I should say, randomly), and they'll fall through the floors. Drop them on the ground, and they'll fall through the ground and disappear (or more frequently, perhaps, fall partially through so that only the flipped - up top is visible) . Drop them on a boat, say "bye bye" to them.

Drop them on a rock, whoa! There it is. Drop them on the floor of the hangar in Aerodrome, OK, it only falls through about half-a-crate or so, yeehaw! Half success. A tank can drive on the cement, but an ammo crate falls through it? WTH?

And yes, you can get rifle grenade refills from crates, but hand grenades? Nope, they're not in the crate. Someone forget to pack them correctly?

Seriously, DICE, what is the problem? Why can't you fix this? Stop designing new and useless face-paint, and start fixing some root game play issues.

Maybe the rifle grades just take up too much room lol.
    Just had a thought, I've not tested my stance when dropping the crates, will test this out when I get off shift, unless someone can already answer this, does it make any difference if you are stood up, crouching or prone? I've successfully deployed crates 1st floor in the barn by c flag (squad cq) in Arras
    but also had them drop through the ground floor, fields I've had no issues with but on rocks they've fallen, up to now there seems to be nobryme or reason to it.

Perhaps as a community we should test different things out to see if we can find any logic to this issue.
  • WingnutDaCat
    74 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 13
    I noticed that Braddock512 wrote a BFV announcement on Jan 31 about addressing ongoing issues in future updates, with the 'through the floors' glitch to be addressed in a February update.

Flash forward to today's update. I haven't tested it personally, yet, but noticed a few ammo Crates on the ground in Fjell. Had to laugh!

They were on their sides, with the open top laying flat on the ground. What? Did "The Hangover" bro's come up with that one (Alan, or maybe Stu)?
  • JamieCurnock
    630 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I noticed that Braddock512 wrote a BFV announcement on Jan 31 about addressing ongoing issues in future updates, with the 'through the floors' glitch to be addressed in a February update.

Flash forward to today's update. I haven't tested it personally, yet, but noticed a few ammo Crates on the ground in Fjell. Had to laugh!

They were on their sides, with the open top laying flat on the ground. What? Did "The Hangover" bro's come up with that one (Alan, or maybe Stu)?

The update sorted it! Kind of. You now throw your ammo crate instead of putting it down. I thought it was stupid at first but it's actually pretty good. They act more like a physical object and will roll if you throw them down a hill which is why you keep seeing them on their side. More importantly tho, none of my crates are falling through the floor!
  • Halcyon_Creed_N7
    1374 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    GrimeySix wrote: »
    They should make them restore ammo by proximity like in the older games, this would presumably fix the issue even if visually it's still broken. I get the frustration, it seems like something that should be working properly by now.

I’m not against that, but that would mess up the implementation of Firestorm mode. I presume that’s why everything is interaction rather than proximity, so in Fitestorm you can pick up what you want, and I’m sure they want the same gameplay mechanics across every game mode.

Great. A whole game full of terrible mechanics revolving around a mode that's dead in the water before it launches. Firestorm won't attract new players, when they've got plenty of good F2P BR games like Apex Legends or Fortnite, and PUBG is a cheap option too, so at best it'll splinter the already dwindling BFV population, but meanwhile the players who have been with the series for a decade or more just have to deal with crap like this.

EA/DICE are pretty much trash at this point...