Hit Detection

USP_Bauer_24
10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I have found that the hit detection with sniper rifles can be very poor. It is very frustrating when you know you have a shot on someone and it doesn't register.

I have also found that peering around corners and firing more often than not ends up with you shooting the wall rather than the target even though your scope is pointing where you want it.

Comments

• Loqtrall
    12020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I have found that the hit detection with sniper rifles can be very poor. It is very frustrating when you know you have a shot on someone and it doesn't register.

I have also found that peering around corners and firing more often than not ends up with you shooting the wall rather than the target even though your scope is pointing where you want it.

I actually found hitboxes to be incredibly accurate in this game. for instance, if I was aiming pretty much right NEAR someone, like right on the outside of their actual body in BF4 - I could hit them. In this game - if you aim even an inch over someone's shoulder, you're going to shoot over their shoulder. I actually got some shots between a guys legs, or between someone's arm and torso, right past someone's neck. IMO the hitboxes in this game are a vast improvement over BF4
  • IIIF0NTIII
    117 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

Nah, hitboxes are good. Git gud you filthy useless sniper.
  • Neil_Enbob
    689 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I couldn't hit a barn door with the snipers in this game. I'm usually good, but aiming slightly above my opponents head, see the bullet fly wide to the left/right. Not sure if I suck, or it's a PS4 bug.
  • ZueX
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I had a couple of shots show a blood splatter showing a hit but not do damage. Not sure if the other person had a **** connection or what.
  • USP_Bauer_24
    10 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I couldn't hit a barn door with the snipers in this game. I'm usually good, but aiming slightly above my opponents head, see the bullet fly wide to the left/right. Not sure if I suck, or it's a PS4 bug.

I'm on PS4 as well. It's really quite frustrating.
  • 1Hairy-Gorilla
    245 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

I had something really odd happen, no matter where I shot this player he took 18dmg be It leg, arm, chest. I even ran after him unloading a hand gun took a full clip point blank to kill him!
  • JIMMYTHEP007
    15 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    I actually quite impressed with the hit detection
  • snakeheadinvade
    2659 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    edited August 2016

Maybe it was suppression, suppression affects the base spread of sniper rifles and hacks every other weapon with more spread increase per shot.

And they are running g on the bf4 netcode which for auto weapons is extremely smooth. But the only weapon that never benefited Wass the snipers.

Also if your barrel is behind cover you will shoot the cover so if your using a side mounted scope I think it applies there as well.
  • JarheadLeeds
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited August 2016
    i agree, the snipers are a joke for me. and my ping is always low.
  • Caaaaaaaaarl
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Member
    On ps4 as well, and hit detection and lag have been one of the few things that are working correctly. In fact I think it might be better than bf4s.
  • mrawesome101lol
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The hit detection sucks bro this game is gay you will always get shot behind walls and the hit registration sucks, if you shoot someone with a shotgun (model 10 hunter is op bae) with the model 10 sometimes for me ill hear the shot go off in the guys face see sparks and nothing happens no hit marker nor kill dammit DICE and EA fix the damn guns fix the damn hit registration and detection (on PS4 it sucks more on that for some reason)
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There are issues for sure.

I have made shots which I know 100% certain it was at least a hit (more likely a kill) and it has not registered.
  • bran1986
    5650 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It has been messed up since the first patch the game received. the beta, and the first week of launch were fantastic. since then it seems like(no pun intended) it is really hit or miss.
  • Parasiten79
    688 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I guess most problems is due to lag
  • ShoutingEnder
    63 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's actually sometimes looks to me like rubber banding issue..I play mostly Scout with MH and there are times in game when I can't hit anything, even though I'm pointing at target who is standing still and even shoot multiple times and no hit nor kill...Then several minutes later I'm on fire and killing everyone, even running targets...and then again can't hit target who's prone etc....Crazy and frustrating...I'm on PS4 btw..
  • Jedi76
    828 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    It's actually sometimes looks to me like rubber banding issue..I play mostly Scout with MH and there are times in game when I can't hit anything, even though I'm pointing at target who is standing still and even shoot multiple times and no hit nor kill...Then several minutes later I'm on fire and killing everyone, even running targets...and then again can't hit target who's prone etc....Crazy and frustrating...I'm on PS4 btw..

This is the kind of thing I get. Connection is good so that's not the issue.

In Argonne Forest this morning I was wasting people left-right and centre with the 98 Sniper, had my best game ever at 22-10.

Next map up was Sinai and I started to have the issue above, which is odd, because Argonne is far more hectic to play.

Having said that, the packet loss icon and the little clock one showed up for about 10 seconds at the beginning of Sinai. Perhaps there is a connection with that?
  • B0ng0_Banger
    1159 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Another hit detection problem

he's shooting at a cavalry class. still total bs though
  • Leetch002_mtdrh
    215 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I'm assuming it's rubber banding. I can't tell you how many times I've been firing back and forth with a sniper then I lay down crawl well beneath LoS of the counter sniper only to be killed by him by what seemingly is right through the middle of a hill. Either he has magic bullets or it's typical FPS lag.

On the other hand, I've had snipers firing at me, pinging everything around me only to have me turn around and lay waste to them. Either they were really bad (which is sometimes true) or rubber banding has caused them to miss.
  • disposalist
    8500 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016
    Another hit detection problem
    That target was a cavalry guy with armor. Yes it's stupid that his floppy cap is included in his armor, but it is. EDIT: Oh, someone else just noted that too.

In general, hit detection in BF1 is great. If you're having problems it's not BF1.