Hit Detection

2»

Comments

• disposalist
    8499 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Another hit detection problem
    That target was a cavalry guy with armor. Yes it's stupid that his floppy cap is included in his armor, but it is. EDIT: Oh, someone else just noted that too.

In general, hit detection in BF1 is great. If you're having problems it's not BF1.

Lots of times I've reacted with a "NO WAY!" but then watched the Shadowplay footage and realised "oh, ok" because, yeah my legs were probably visible or, yeah I fell behind cover after dying or whatever.
  • iSpyRecon
    770 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited December 2016

Try playing Domination. This BS is near nonstop. 3 shots to kill with the M1916 my back side. More like 6-8 when facing someone with 200+ ping. Damage ignored. Bullet soak city and then you're dropped with the single frame sync burst better known as, one shot from a handgun.

Initiate sequence start... 10, 9, 8 ...Yawn!

Ps. Guy in video was great. Very funny :-)
  • olik6659
    72 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    This game has a lot of small things that ruin it. Gas mask glitch, syringe doesn't work all the time, hit detection with shot guns seems to be like rolling a dice. Calvery either works or don't. Flare gun setting the user on fire... just to name a hand full lol
  • Sixclicks
    5073 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited December 2016

I think what might be happening there is an invisible physics issue with the ground that he is lying prone on. It's counting the bullet as traveling through an object to hit him and therefore it does significantly reduced damage. There's a lot of invisible physics on props and the ground in this game that block my shots all the time.

I personally have had no hit detection problems on PC. I've got a powerful system and great connection (usually 30ms or lower latency).
  • FPSgamer69
    395 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited December 2016
    Sixclicks wrote: »

I personally have had no hit detection problems on PC. I've got a powerful system and great connection (usually 30ms or lower latency).

those low latency gives me mostly the **** hit reg.
    I get killed by long distance pistol shots..and I need 1 full mag from 1 meter to kill the other.

It does better for me on server with higher pings.

Hit reg is bad for me in this game. Didnt have that prob in the beta

Post edited by FPSgamer69 on
  • pinniliisi
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I only play @ night. Somehow this game just is unplayaple during day time. Horses kill me from distance and always lose gunfights no matter what gun opposite has. I can get killed behind walls with any gun, hell i´ve been stabbed through wall. I have to shoot from behind and whole clip if I want to kill anyone. If opponent shoots it is a instakill every time. @ night it feels normal...
  • hawcer
    3289 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    The game is fine....the servers timing, lag, rubberbanding, whatever it is, sucks to no end. You can tell when a few high ping players are in the game...and you can tell when they leave.

Need region lock and high ping player only servers. leave the rest of us alone so we can enjoy how the game is supposed to be.
  • ZOMBIE_BAIT_368
    260 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    I notice I get shot behind walls quite a bit in this game. I'll run behind cover only to drop dead, when a medic revives me (if a medic revives me) my body will not be in cover.

My connection is good overall and I dont have any other kind of connection issues to speak of, just every now and then I'll die after getting behind cover. This seems to have started happening after the last update. It doesnt happen to me BF4.

In fact, in BF4 I dont recall this phenomenon of being revived only to find myself in a completely different location. Seems to happen a lot in this game, not just to me either, the 6 other people I play with report the same thing.

In BF4 it felt like 100% of the time where you died is where you got revived. Now I get revived and I'm nowhere near where I died. The ridiculous ragdoll effects dont help things I'm sure. On my screen I go flying off the mountain but when I'm revived, I'm back on top again....
  • fortress66
    344 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited January 2017
    The more i use standard rifle guns, the more i notice the hit detection problem and its annoying. I,m on PC and have a good ping. Definatly a problem here. This is more noticeable the closer i am from a target.. You know you have your aim on the guy, its obvious but no hit detection..
  • m1a2tanky
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Well yes I know Get angry and hell even call hacks cause its funny how I have a 29 ping and I shoot some one u see it even says hit enemy and they don't die there more to it then just lag I know that I read somewhere that they have in a hack call ping correction kind like a lag switch time why cant this be stooped :( and a thing called human aim so it looks like your not cheating but in reality you are !!! SO is it just hit box or is it more !!!
  • pinniliisi
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just stopped palyin for tonight because of game just wont let me kill anyone. Shot whole clip on enemys back and he just turns around and zip you are dead. Shot two shots with shotgun to enemys chest and he just casually knifes me.

Dice should just fire and hire people, but they cant fix this cause we have seen this through the years and nothin ever happens.
  • CrAzZy778
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    well....after the spring update the hitrej is at its worst...for me i mean i shoot some one first...and I die first too..even if i also shoot them in the back.....but the hitrej was pretty good before this spring update patch came..plz dice just revert it back to its previous..state
  • pinniliisi
    Really tired of this game. I get killed behind the wall all the time. None of my bullets do any damage. Nice work once again dice...
  • Titan_Awaken
    652 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Really tired of this game. I get killed behind the wall all the time. None of my bullets do any damage. Nice work once again dice...
    BF1 or BFV?

Eh, doesn't matter. Nice necro.