Guess I'll buy my own cheats since everyone else doing it.

BucNastyHATEHATE
3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 7
JK, but srsly - never seen a dumpster fire this hot in my 20 years of PC gaming.

Play this game enough and it's pretty obvious that a not insignificant number of enemies know where you are at all times.

Comments

• StarscreamUK
    6713 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    it may be there is one player with the spotting scope. Played a game the other day and my squadmates were the same, then we finally spotted one guy who was doing nothing but spotting the team for his side. Pretty smart move.

Thats not to say there aren't cheaters, we all know there are.
  • CONVEEEN
    156 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    5hadyBrady wrote: »
    The game is already dead in North America. I'm only able to find 1 active conquest server right now, and half of the people in the server are arguing in game chat about somebody cheating. If EA/DICE don't post a player count, I would suggest the game is probably already dead. Too little too late. There are some active Euro servers atm, but if the player count is dwindling down to less than 100 online players per region during certain hours, that's not a good sign. That's basically as dead as it gets.

So sad really. There need a hard change of the gameplay design for BFV right now or it is gone. But anyway they will not do it.
  • 5hadyBrady
    273 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CONVEEEN wrote: »
    The game is already dead in North America. I'm only able to find 1 active conquest server right now, and half of the people in the server are arguing in game chat about somebody cheating. If EA/DICE don't post a player count, I would suggest the game is probably already dead. Too little too late. There are some active Euro servers atm, but if the player count is dwindling down to less than 100 online players per region during certain hours, that's not a good sign. That's basically as dead as it gets.

So sad really. There need a hard change of the gameplay design for BFV right now or it is gone. But anyway they will not do it.

It's sad, but I'm honestly excited. I'm excited because this needs to be a lesson learned. There's a terrifying trend in marketing right now that doesn't seem to be going away. Lots of companies are hiring kids directly out of college, into their marketing department, and are steering these companies in awful directions. It's going to take a while before the companies hiring these kids realize the reputation of their Alma Mater isn't what it used to be. Not to get too deep in the woods with a discussion about cheating, but we already know the fate of this thread anyway...
  • BucNastyHATEHATE
    edited February 7
    FantaPantz wrote: »
    The issue is that it's hard to tell who is a good player anymore.

Well said - this is my biggest issue.
    it may be there is one player with the spotting scope.

Yea, a scripted spotting scope that spots all players everywhere all the time...if I was truly spotted, everyone would turn to ruin my flank, not just the one guy with ESP who is looking my way before I'm even close or revealed.

I did a quick search for bfv esp last night out of curiousity and its amazing how wildly available these hax are; not to mention the high download counts....
  • StarscreamUK
    6713 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    it's also amazing how people who have been banned also come to this forum and say they never used any hacks and are banned in bfv. (I've closed several myself)
  • MachoFantast1c0
    1734 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    it's also amazing how people who have been banned also come to this forum and say they never used any hacks and are banned in bfv. (I've closed several myself)

Those posts are the sweetest nectar for a graving of a dose of justice.
  • StreliziaDeWitt
    137 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    it may be there is one player with the spotting scope. Played a game the other day and my squadmates were the same, then we finally spotted one guy who was doing nothing but spotting the team for his side. Pretty smart move.

Thats not to say there aren't cheaters, we all know there are.

When I was working for my golden gewehr 95 I spammed a lot of flare rounds. :p
    But I actually wonder does the flare highlight everyone on the minimap for your teammates?
    I know it highlights it for me but never sure if it also works like that for the rest of the team.
  • StarscreamUK
    edited February 7
    Good question, I honestly don't know (I never thought about it being for just you, your squad or team)

edit: general consensus in the forum staff team is that it spots for all the team
  • BucNastyHATEHATE
    It does.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 7
    JK, but srsly - never seen a dumpster fire this hot in my 20 years of PC gaming.

Play this game enough and it's pretty obvious that a not insignificant number of enemies know where you are at all times.

Us honest players are finding that to be competitive you have to alter your video config files to make enemies more visible, and to make cover more transparent.

It's apparently legal, but I didn't buy the game for that. So I guess I have to take a deep dive into video coding.

The problem with leagues is the franchise is dying on the west coast already. Pretty soon I will be lucky to have one 30 ping server, and I'll have to play in the 80 ping central US servers.
  • FoxHoundLord
    118 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Might sound a lil crazy, but the Blemheim MK1 and the BF-109 have the best talents in the game with Spotting Camera's. Easily gives a hard core advantage on your team if you have someone to actually will utilize them.
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Buuuut really, you can come to my house and watch me play!
  • Red_Label_Scotch
    841 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Us honest players are finding that to be competitive you have to alter your video config files to make enemies more visible, and to make cover more transparent.

Be very careful...

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/ansfrf/discussion_our_anticheat_approach_to_battlefield_v/efvtp4y/
    level 1
    Merson316
    Producer
    26 points
    ·
    23 hours ago
    We've got a fix for the LoD bias abuse going in the next patch.

LOD-Bias is bannable.
  • -aarp-19Crib
    657 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    LoD bias? What is that.
    FYI, I'm not goosing my video. I probably screw it up. A programmer I ain't.
  • parkingbrake
    1880 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I'm in NA and I have no problem finding populated servers. The only time I've been unable to quickly get into a game was when everybody was playing Breakthrough for TOW which resulted in the Domination serves being very quiet. But other than that my browser shows active servers almost all day. That you can only see one live Conquest server is radically different from my experience.
  • parkingbrake
    1880 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

I've heard some hilarious excuses from banned players over the years, one guy told us he couldn't be using a hack because he's in the Army and they aren't allowed to have hacks on their personal PCs so there's no way he was cheating....

Of course that was back when server operators could police their servers and take out the trash quickly. But EA decided to get rid of that, so now we submit reports on suspicious players like we're writing to Santa and asking for a pony for Christmas and maybe, in time, the critter will be banned, or maybe not. I watched a video yesterday about a guy at the top of the leaderboards who has been convincingly busted by a YouTuber who took the time to research and document what this guy is doing. Players in another forum pointed out he's been getting away with it since BF1, apparently a YouTuber could figure it out but EA's anti-cheat staff couldn't. That sort of thing is discouraging. Console player too before anyone says something about this being a PC problem.
  • Major_Pungspark
    1348 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    fartman89 wrote: »
    I will be the first to admit that historically people are real quick to cry hacker when they encounter a good player. I don't comment much and am a veteran to the franchise. I dont want this game to fail.. I love the BF series.
    With that said...... there is something just wrong with this game. I think it is a combination of netcode, TTK.... and yes hackers. It pains me say hackers... but damn... one only has to get one shotted from a guy hip firing an MP-40 at 100 meters while I'm running behind cover, to realize.... something just ain't right. One only has to do a google search, see how many pay to hack sites come up, and see how popular they are... then see how many many people play BFV..... do some rough numbers in my head and figure out..... damn... 10 percent of this server just may be running hacks.
    I do much better and am usually the top player in squad conquest servers, and by top I mean like 15 kills maybe 3 deaths. But, when it comes to full 64 player servers there is usually the top 5 to to 10 players....... then the rest of us smucks.. who get killed around every corner. I will admit some of it is netcode...... like when BF4 came out...... but this goes beyond just netcode.

THE SOLUTION. here you go EA... and I wont charge you.

Make leagues.
    If your K/D ratio (or some other metric) gets to a certain point you are put into the A league. Which means you only play with other A league players. You don't see high school baseball players playing against the red socks. Make these guys who seem to be gods play with players on their level. The casual players will be happy. The GOD like players should be happy as they now have competition....... we all know they wont be because they only like the game to beat up on the little guys..... but at least they will have to stop using the argument "Git Good" and it will shut them the hell up.
    Makes sense to me.... EA wont have to ban as many people, casual players will be happy, and the major league guys can compete within the major leagues.

Well, that was kind of unreadable.

All the "........." and ".........." and ".." and "........."

Makes it very hard to read.