Bored Already - Does BFV have a long term future?

WetIaM
88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
As I was playing Battlefield earlier this week, I made a horrifying realization. I am already sick and tired of this game.

I would characterize myself as a serious player of the franchise who is decent at the game. I have a KD of 1.98 and about 8 days played on BFV. It's not that I am not good at the game, it just feels overly repetitive compared to past titles and contains significantly less content. One thing that still baffles me, who decided to cap the ranks at 50? A good player can attain that rank in 1-2 days of play time.

I am not sure what is different from past highly successful titles like BF3 & BF4. With the rumors that EA is going to pull a lot of resources off of BFV since the game isn't producing earnings as hoped, I am even less hopeful for finding long term enjoyment.

How are other people feeling about the game at this point a few months after launch?

Comments

• YourLocalPlumber
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It'll most likely follow Battlefield 2's path. So don't get your hopes up.
  • Pelliy
    1993 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It'll survive.
  • Noodlesocks
    2058 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Doesn't even have a long term plan as far as we are aware. The current roadmap ends in march and they haven't provided a roadmap beyond that.
  • rifle77
    94 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

WetIaM wrote: »

I am not sure what is different from past highly successful titles like BF3 & BF4. With the rumors that EA is going to pull a lot of resources off of BFV since the game isn't producing earnings as hoped, I am even less hopeful for finding long term enjoyment.

I doubt they will pull resources off BFV. If they do, it'd be a nail in the coffin for the series because very few people will spend the money on the core game of a franchise that isn't supported.
  • CaptHotah
    938 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The lvl cap of 50 for me is a very big boredom factor. Can't believe they done that
  • Pelliy
    1993 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I think it'll survive. It's definitely gotten stale and it's not in the position to compete with other offerings on the market but it's not going to noise dive like Hardline.

I would be playing it right now if I had a graphics card but my card died.
  • Pelliy
    edited February 8
    Pelliy wrote: »
    I would be playing it right now if I had a graphics card but my card died.

See, even your graphics card can't stand BfV... preferred to suicide rather than keep run this game :D

LOL.

Yeah, I got a 8700k setup and was excited after I was getting horrible performance from my previous build 4790k and a day or two later, the graphics card died. (970) still have it. Tried to refresh it with thermal paste, nothing.
  • MonicasCigar
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    As I was playing Battlefield earlier this week, I made a horrifying realization. I am already sick and tired of this game.

I would characterize myself as a serious player of the franchise who is decent at the game. I have a KD of 1.98 and about 8 days played on BFV. It's not that I am not good at the game, it just feels overly repetitive compared to past titles and contains significantly less content. One thing that still baffles me, who decided to cap the ranks at 50? A good player can attain that rank in 1-2 days of play time.

How are other people feeling about the game at this point a few months after launch?

Look at the mess EA made of star wars. same thing. not enough money, so they pull resources from it in order to **** up the next game.

AKA, don't ever buy an EA game until at least a year after it's released. might as well save your money.
    yeah it doesn't help the long term future of the game by not helping with sales, but it's not like EA cares about you as a customer anyway.

• MonicasCigar
    112 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Doesn't even have a long term plan as far as we are aware. The current roadmap ends in march and they haven't provided a roadmap beyond that.

Unfortunately I doubt there will be a roadmap since sales are so far below expectations. They are gonna start yanking major resources from BFV since they see it won't be a long term cash cow.

well, when games are designed to be a cash cow, and not designed for fun....
    we get a public company such as EA.

• xeNizKing
    278 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Too be fair, road maps are often based on development cycles and they are not always publically planned out for years to come or anything like that they are often every 6 months.

Battlefield released for players october/november (depending on whether patch 1 is considered the real release or not) count up to march and you have roughly 5-6 months which fits with a typical roadmap timeframe.

• Dynamyte71
    216 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    One thing that still baffles me, who decided to cap the ranks at 50? A good player can attain that rank in 1-2 days of play time.

I don’t get why everyone has their panties in a bunch over the level cap.
    Dice/EA obviously thought that it was easier to attract new players this way.
    Plus right now all were doing his basically rerolling the same lvl 50 experience to get to the company coins rather than an incremental increase with each level increase. It actually pays better dividends than some arbitrary level number.
  • WetIaM
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Dynamyte71 wrote: »
    One thing that still baffles me, who decided to cap the ranks at 50? A good player can attain that rank in 1-2 days of play time.

I don’t get why everyone has their panties in a bunch over the level cap.
    Dice/EA obviously thought that it was easier to attract new players this way.
    Plus right now all were doing his basically rerolling the same lvl 50 experience to get to the company coins rather than an incremental increase with each level increase. It actually pays better dividends than some arbitrary level number.

No it does not pay better. If you think so you are obviously misinformed. You do not earn the level 50 coins repeatedly. The game is just glitchy and says you got 2000 coins after every game because it is poorly designed. You arent actually RECEIVING the 2000 coins.