Weekly Debrief

How to improve your aim at Battlefield 5 (and your tracking!)

124»

Comments

• TyroneLoyd_TV
    1384 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Its quicker for me to rush into a game and pick up on it.
    Ive taught a long time friend(female) with barely any fps knowledge how to aim / play this game. Told her basically dont play scared and focus on your target and the aim will come eventually. 1 week later shes dropping 40 - 50 kill games every once in a while.

People have different ways of practicing how to aim. I wont speak ill of how anyone warms up Im just not a fan of artificial trainers.

If I'm trying at my best ability I get chronic headaches which sidelined me from competition back in my days. Not sure what it is and never asked a doctor but I just dont want to play at a high level for a prolonged period of time which is why I play battlefield. More time to breath.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2034 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TyroneLoyd wrote: »
    Ive taught a long time friend(female) with barely any fps knowledge how to aim / play this game. Told her basically dont play scared and focus on your target and the aim will come eventually. 1 week later shes dropping 40 - 50 kill games every once in a while.

People have different ways of practicing how to aim. I wont speak ill of how anyone warms up Im just not a fan of artificial trainers.

If I'm trying at my best ability I get chronic headaches which sidelined me from competition back in my days. Not sure what it is and never asked a doctor but I just dont want to play at a high level for a prolonged period of time which is why I play battlefield. More time to breath.

Well that certainly sucks, but luckily you seem to half-**** it just fine.

I don't need need training per se, but after two years of casual tryharding it feels awesome to see tangible improvement so quickly. I don't see myself doing this perpetually, just to build a solid foundation for muscle memory and improve hand/arm speed.

Besides, I'm about fifteen years older than you, so I don't have time to do this bio-organically.
  • olavafar
    1961 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

I don't need need training per se, but after two years of casual tryharding it feels awesome to see tangible improvement so quickly. I don't see myself doing this perpetually, just to build a solid foundation for muscle memory and improve hand/arm speed.

Besides, I'm about fifteen years older than you, so I don't have time to do this bio-organically.

Makes me want to try this too. I wonder what it can do to a 50 year old kid like me... I will give it a week to begin with.
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2034 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    olavafar wrote: »

Makes me want to try this too. I wonder what it can do to a 50 year old kid like me... I will give it a week to begin with.

You might want to consider the fact that my famous training regimen "Get Machoed Up" is trademarked and subject to licensing fees. Results are guaranteed, at least a solid 1 KD improvement or your money back.
  • olavafar
    1961 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

You might want to consider the fact that my famous training regimen "Get Machoed Up" is trademarked and subject to licensing fees. Results are guaranteed, at least a solid 1 KD improvement or your money back.

To simplify things I'd just keep the money from start then. My K/D is not primarily due to my horrible aim and even worse reaction time (I just learned about this in AimLab..) but more due to a mind hell bent on rushing to the objectives without considering any of the surroundings combined with a superb feeling for finding the most bullet intense spots to spawn into.
  • MachoFantast1c0

To simplify things I'd just keep the money from start then.

That'll work for me. Just don't tell anyone.
  • chainloose
    88 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Just wanna update this with some jucy info that improved my aim so drasticly its insane
    This is all stolen from the aimlab discord. This is the discord if youre interested https://discordapp.com/invite/PQj5dwX

First of all you should give a read to this https://aimlab.fandom.com/wiki/Aim_Lab_Wiki  it tells you basicly everything you need to know about how to train and how to maximise that.

Second of all here is a training method that seems to be the best in terms of long term retention and execution of aiming skill.

Cramming is BAD. It seems to work well, and will let you pass tests, but doesn't seem to correlate well with lasting learning at all.
    You need to develop your base aim.           
    Interleaving is how your long term base aim truly develops. Your immediate performance is like a % multiple above your base skill. As you "warm up" or train that multiple increases. Rapidly at first and then slower and slower throughout the day. You want to try to maximize your base aim rather than maximizing your performance multiple every day.
    An example of a good routine using Aimlab is this :
    3 rounds - multishot ai
    3 rounds - spidershot ai
    3 rounds - motionshot ai
    3 rounds - reflexshot ai
    3 rounds - microflex standard
    3 rounds - blinkshot
    3 rounds - tracking 
    3 min - what did I do well, what do I need to improve (reflection)
    <doing something else/playing games/whatever for 2+ hours or so>  
    repeat x3-5 times a day

It's not the time training that matters, per se. What you're trying to do is get the lessons embedded into your brain permanently. The goal is simply to maximize your improvement per time investment. And that means breaking it up more. Besides, the breaks give you time to study/practice game sense related improvement which is equally if not more important to your overall skill level in game.