A sad Hypothesis: Firestorm will fail because of Apex Legends

Comments

• ackers75
    1888 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Am afraid the battlefield name alone is now synonymous with poor quality so firestorm is fighting a loosing battle already.
  • KIPx187
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield will be dead before they drop Firestorm.
  • mc22ryan
    35 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In theory, sounds very boring. PUBG is already available and I don't see firestorm being much different.

Right now, on PS4 I'm aware of blackout, pubg, free fortnight, free Alex legends, and this other free fantasy/modern shooter BR that released just before APEX... who knows I'm sure there are others I'm not aware of..

DICE plans on releasing firestorm AFTER the BR genre is at it's absolute maximum peak, which is right now.

So after the gaming industry shoved hoards of BR, EA thinks people will still come back later to play firestorm on a $30 game?

Could we have just gotten some more maps instead...
  • Kauzer_RF
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 11
    BF does not need god damn battle royal, single player etc. BF needs proper made MP with 20+ maps and tons of content like vehicles, weapons etc. Mostly historical customisation instead of BS red jackets with 1980+ gas mask's models. This game should be brutal, designed for squad gameplay and 20+ years ppl who know what is team play. Schoolboys have fortnite, pubg and other garbage. BF3 was perfect.
  • warslag
    1206 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I skipped BFV and I'm playing Apex and so are some friends.

It's my first BR game. The level of complexity compared to Siege and Battlefield surprised me. I wonder if BR in Battlefield might actually catch other Battlefield players out, as well.

These games look simple and even childish because of the cartoony graphics. But actually they take a lot of effort to learn to play.

I watched shroud get 20 kills in an Apex match and he made it look ridiculously easy.

I'm intrigued now to see how they do BR in BFV, having been interested in Firestorm anyway, now that I've played Apex Legends. I'm still not completely convinced that BFV will just go down without a fight.

Apex does make BFV irrelevant at the moment, but it could still all change.
  • Khronikos
    2139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly my 1TB SSD only has so much space. Uninstalling BFV I think to try out APEX. Seems decentish. Not really sure I care to play random modes in BFV while it sorts out all of its issues. It's just like Star Wars. I played it hardcore for a bit, and I'm basically done despite updates and stuff. It just doesn't have the required hook without a lot more maps.
  • StingX71
    727 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Firestorm was DOA, the second they announce it. AL was the final nail. I haven't played AL that much, but it's the only BR that I can tolerate and want to play again. Just need the spare time to learn the game.
  • Gen_Ch0pper
    67 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    All these kids who jump on the next flavor of the month BR game, and look for reasons online to be outraged and wish for developers/games to fail. Tsk tsk. These are not battlefield core fans.

I wish Dice would cancel this BR nonsense and focus on making BF great again for it is.
  • Ultrazerg
    14 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Overall APEX is a good shooter game, really good! But it's not a good BR game.

What makes a good BR game:
    1. Suspense - That huge world of unknown hostility! I hate PUBG but they made this point on the point! (suspense)
    2. Hardcore navigation system - NO MARKERS, have a compass, read signs, figure-out what city it is... I recall how fun it was to just navigate in H1z1/Dayz before they ruined it.
    3. A solo BR is a must - no words needed. It's the whole idea behind BR, all-vs-all.

Now with a good engine like BFV, with great sounds, destruction, awesome graphics, vehicle system, large map... It can be the next PUBG but a polished PUBG.

p.s. it must go F2P, otherwise no chance.

• dinobass
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No way will Firestorm bring in many Fortnite or Apex fans if you need to purchase BFV to play: they are accustomed to free BRs. If EA and DICE are counting on Firestorm to boost BFV sales, and if continued support for BFV's live service is contingent on those sales, we Battlefield fans are screwed.
  • Khronikos
    2139 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I am gonna try Apex, but its style is really not my thing. Not a big BR guy. But BFV is so lame atm I don't even care. I mean BFV single-handedly made me try out COD and actually like the WW2 version. Not sure I can get into constant COD every year though. Just seems so limited.
  • Radious1987
    511 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BR games/modes are almost all very identical. With 5-10 new br games every year its getting very crowded and full now.

I honestly dont care about Firestorm or Apex, dont play any BR cause i dont like them, for me there is nothing to do except camp on big tdm map....

I play battlefield for exactly oposite gameplay experience then any BR has to offer.
  • karcyon
    292 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I bet Firestorm will get delayed and will end up free to play and for 30 bucks you can buy the rest of the game or something like that. I still think it will ultimately fail because the engine/game can never be as tight as games like Fortnite or Apex. People will never play a BR game where you might have to vault over a small stone three times because your character gets stuck on it.
  • drbobcat
    16 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Leave it to the geniuses at EA to cannibalize one of their tentpole franchises with a desperate cash grab. If I were working on Firestorm (or BFV in general), I'd be furious with those in charge. All that work is wasted at this point unless Criterion can pull off a miracle. The cards are dramatically stacked against them what with BFV being a "premium" product marred by bad press. Apex, meanwhile, is F2P and filled to the brim with microtransactions. When the chickens come home to roost and EA sees just how little BFV makes by comparison, I'll be surprised if we even see the proposed end of BFV's development cycle. There's a very reasonable chance they just pull the plug outright.

And they wonder why they're one of the most hated companies in America (if not the world)...
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    Firestorm will fail because the majority of BF players do not want BR, this has got jack s**t to do with Apex Legends.

Failed at inception.
  • DrunkOnRedWine
    683 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 12
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Am afraid the battlefield name alone is now synonymous with poor quality so firestorm is fighting a loosing battle already.

Sadly this is the way it has become, the quality just isn't there anymore. DICE were once the masters of this genre and the Battlefield name was synonymous with a great product.
  • BGHFlakjacket
    1227 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    APEX has nothing to do with the death of BF5. Dice fragged themselves the moment they launched the game. I would offer a list of fail, but it would not be news to any of you.
  • vDISOBEY
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    If you're a hardcore, dedicated BF player and don't want to play BR- then don't. Jesus.. you don't speak for everyone
  • Redstripe101
    2466 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I refuse to support EA, so I hope they all fail. But I'll accept a DICE closing to start. Ask Danger Close studios how quick it happened.
  • PrimitiveRobot
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Apex legends is absolute trash.