Everything from War Stories (maps, weapon variants, etc.) should be in multiplayer

SlugSniper
1020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
There are some interesting maps and quite a few weapon variants in BF1's single player that aren't playable in multiplayer, and it's a real shame because these features look excellent. A great example is "The Runner," which features a small trench complex on Cape Helles not seen in the Turning Tides map, a very detailed town area, and a large fortress similar to Fao. Some examples of weapon variants include a C96 with a suppressor, another C96 with Radium Sights, a C96 Carbine with a Marksman scope, a suppressed M1903 with a Marksman scope and bipod, a Gewehr M.95 with a Sniper scope, a Howdah "Sweeper" pistol that fires small shotgun shells, etc.

Frankly, I don't know why these aren't available as multiplayer features. While some of the maps would be small, they would make great TDM, Domination, and maybe even Shock Operation maps. The weapons are just new variants with their own strengths and weaknesses, so they should be balanced just fine.

Basically... Why not? A few tweaks, and we have some nice new BF1 multiplayer content. And yes, I still maintain that DICE needs to work on fan retention, especially after the BFV fiasco.

Comments

• CS-2107
    1552 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    I agree on all the weapon variants. But for the maps, I think some of them wouldn't really work that well (the Fortress map you mentioned for example). The village map would work very well and could even be a fan favourite. The fortress map would only work well for the Frontlines mode, as for conquest it is too linear. The cape helles map I'm not sure, one team would always fight uphill with no cover. Maps from the tanker mission and the night map from the pilot mission would work really well imo.
  • SlugSniper
    1020 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    edited February 11
    I think if they keep the small outer village at Fort Nobet, it would be a decent map, especially for Shock Ops.

The Through Mud and Blood maps would be fantastic. They're wide open, yet have lots of cover and plenty of playroom for vehicles. Bourlon Wood would be an epic map with all of those blind corners and shady areas. And hot dang, the nighttime trench map in Friends in High Places would give Nivelle Nights a run for its money.

All of these maps are conveniently linear for Frontlines and Shock Ops. They're too perfect to leave unincluded.

EDIT: And another thing, there are character skins that are exclusive to single player that could be added as aesthetic options, like an ANZAC Scout for the British faction.
  • CS-2107
    I'm all for the idea, unfortunally I doubt it will happen at this point, with BFV being released and now DICEs attention is fully focused on that game.
  • W654720B
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    #NOTMYBATTLEFIELD #BF5 #NOTMYBATTLEFIELD
  • SlugSniper
    CS-2107 wrote: »
    I'm all for the idea, unfortunally I doubt it will happen at this point, with BFV being released and now DICEs attention is fully focused on that game.

I guess the main idea is to give DICE something relatively easy to add. It's already in the game, so it just needs some multiplayer tweaks.

And maybe if the game population shoots back up as a result, DICE will actually take a hint. :lol:
  • CS-2107
    SlugSniper wrote: »
    CS-2107 wrote: »

I guess the main idea is to give DICE something relatively easy to add. It's already in the game, so it just needs some multiplayer tweaks.

And maybe if the game population shoots back up as a result, DICE will actually take a hint. :lol:

I would love to see content in any form for BF1, much rather than for BFV tbh. However I'm no game developer, so I don't know how much work it would require to bring let's say the small town map from the "Runner" mission, to the multiplayer. But that would be the map, I would love to see the most. Most of the maps in singleplayer feel like such a waste to only be available there. You play that one time, maybe 2x to get all the codex entries and field manuals and after that you never touch the singleplayer again...