Need to finish last ToW (Breakthrough) before this week ToW (Frontlines)?

Thacyoon
90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

A friend of mine was away (traveling) for two weeks so he missed last week ToW (Breakthrough). When he starts BF5 today his ToW still says "Breakthrough", and to the upper right of the screen is says "Play three rounds of Breakthrough 0/3". When he played three rounds in Breakthrough...nothing happens. Tekst still says "Play three rounds of Breakthrough 0/3"

What is going on?
Do we have to do every ToW? If we miss a ToW chapter (week), are we then locked out to take any future ToW?

So it short: Is it a requirement to have done last ToW (Breakthrough) within the timeslot to be able to this current week ToW (Frontlines) -> and the M1922 unlock?

Comments

• ElliotLH
    7322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Sounds like his game isn't working properly as it should have automatically moved over to the current week. What happens if he tabs right to the current week and selects the first task to play a round of Frontlines?

If you miss a chapter then you can buy the item for Company Coin (when they fix the bug stopping the items from showing up anyway).
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It shouldn't be. It's probably just a bug. Tell him to check the actual ToW thing in the main menu, from the Play screen and see if that updates.
  • Thacyoon
    90 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 8
    Dr_X2345 wrote: »
    It shouldn't be. It's probably just a bug. Tell him to check the actual ToW thing in the main menu, from the Play screen and see if that updates.

I tried (via TeamViewer) to press "Play" on the main screen, and on the next screen I clicked at the top ToW (big banner) and nothing happens. I can "mouse click" on the ToW banner, but nothing will happen -> I will not get into the next screen where we can see the ToW progression and assignmnts needed to be done.

The ToW banner it self says "Breakthrough" on his PC/BF5 - while on mine it says "Frontlines" (I did the Breakthrough chapter last week).
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    That's weird. Maybe get him to play Frontlines? That might get it to register. I'm not sure why that would happen though, it's certainly not a thing that you have to complete the previous week o access the next week's challenges as I missed the Selbstlader 1906 unlock because I had about an hour to try and unlock it, and the challenges weren't reaching very well for me, but I have the Ag m/42.
  • Thacyoon
    That's weird. Maybe get him to play Frontlines? That might get it to register. I'm not sure why that would happen though, it's certainly not a thing that you have to complete the previous week o access the next week's challenges as I missed the Selbstlader 1906 unlock because I had about an hour to try and unlock it, and the challenges weren't reaching very well for me, but I have the Ag m/42.

Yeah, it is really wierd. We did play three rounds of Breakthrough yesterday as I mentioned in my OP.

Nobody else having this issue? Or heard about this?
  • ElliotLH
    7322 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Thacyoon wrote: »

Yeah, it is really wierd. We did play three rounds of Breakthrough yesterday as I mentioned in my OP.

Nobody else having this issue? Or heard about this?

Doesn't seem like it at the moment, or they're just not commenting on it.

Can you repair games in Origin? I'm on Xbox but in the past I've had to delete the reserved space to force a re-sync to sort out some issues, so my thinking is that your friend might be able to do the same?