Random Question: Anyone wants portable shields?

thebossman2202
401 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
So like, what if right? Supports had portable metallic shields in the game. I mean Im sure they used shield in WW2 right? Would be a great tool on some maps

Comments

• SOULJ4R
    220 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They already have them in the game, all the noobs that suck at infantry use them, they're called tanks :)
  • doctorrocktor
    1954 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Nooooo.
  • Av4l0n90
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019

pd: Go play COD if u want shields
  • superteds
    1218 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    what an awful idea
  • thebossman2202
    401 postsMember, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Av4l0n90 wrote: »

pd: Go play COD if u want shields

Awww
  • mf_shro0m
    2348 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    **** no
  • SaikoKuno
    28 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I mean BF V has female cybernetic commandos on the frontlines so its not out of the question for them to have shields in this alternate universe. Maybe the Italian side will have Roman Legionnaires as a special hero unit(they're going to do it, you know it to be true) that use a full on Ballistic Scutum. Canadians will get Moose Cavalry with mounted MGs on each antler. Red Army will get the Bear Cavalry with a mounted PTRS. I'll stop now...
  • jaminmonkey1984
    7 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    SaikoKuno wrote: »
    I mean BF V has female cybernetic commandos on the frontlines so its not out of the question for them to have shields in this alternate universe. Maybe the Italian side will have Roman Legionnaires as a special hero unit(they're going to do it, you know it to be true) that use a full on Ballistic Scutum. Canadians will get Moose Cavalry with mounted MGs on each antler. Red Army will get the Bear Cavalry with a mounted PTRS. I'll stop now...

[email protected] Cry about a woman in a game....5 mins later cry about a gun being op......accuracy when i suits
  • SaikoKuno
    SaikoKuno wrote: »

[email protected] Cry about a woman in a game....5 mins later cry about a gun being op......accuracy when i suits

I don't mind there are women in the game. Clearly this is not a WW2 game. This is so obviously a dieselpunk game, am I really the only one who sees it?
  • wingnut0070
    49 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 2019
    Do you mean something similar to what they had in the best BF game ever made? (2142)? @thebossman2202
  • disposalist
    8944 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Thread about shields. Someone still manages to cry about wimmin being in the game... WTF?
  • FF-Bulletsponge
    520 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No thanks. The ballistic shield in BF4 was crap and they will probably be utter ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ in this game if they are added
  • Dr_X2345
    774 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It sounds more like something a kind of elite class would have. I'm imagining like Montagne from R6, with the big bulletproof shield and a Magnum. I don't think I'd want it as an ability for normal infantry though, unless you had to place it or something and maybe it went up to a little above waist height? Could be useful for MMGs, so you have some reliable portable cover to mount it on. I'm not sure though.
  • Head3masher
    1420 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    It would be useful for medics.
  • thebossman2202
    Thread about shields. Someone still manages to cry about wimmin being in the game... WTF?

Im as confused as you. Have no idea how or why he brought it up
  • SaikoKuno
    Whos crying? For the record I used them as an example to show that this is not a realistic WW2 game. So having shields that look fine for the period aren't that impossible since the realism is thrown out the window and run over by a car. As for the Italian Roman Legionnaires with Ballistic Scutum and a carbine or SMG one hand that could be like the "hero units" they had in Battlefront(EA not Pandemic) and Battlefield 1.
  • M_Rat13
    1505 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Give them to medic.

I'm serious. They need to get in close anyway, and a shield let's them do that. Have it be a gadget alongside the Smoke Grenade Rifle and AP mine, and don't allow the Medic to shoot while using it, only Melee with the shield itself, but it's a OHK.

I think it'd be pretty cool at least.
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    [img]https://i.postimg.cc/NGWmD3dh/im-gonna-kick-your-¯\_(ツ)_/¯-and-get-away-with-it-346x500.jpg[/img]
    ^Is this what you want?
  • Astr0damus
    2904 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    sniper-shield.jpg
    ^Been there, done that. (No one liked them).
    You probably mean like the riot shield in BF4 (or CoD).
  • Faylum
    440 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Did you know in WW2 there were people who carried ballistic shields into battle, the term used to describe these people was 'Lego Police Force'.