EA Stock Price +

TEKNOCODE
10113 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
Given the number of negative threads about EA’s stock price lately, it’s up $12+ today.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-08/ea-holders-cheer-apex-legends-as-formidable-fortnite-competitor?srnd=premium

Comments

• NLBartmaN
    2338 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Logical when you launch Apex with such great numbers, without Apex things would stay down ...

Lets hope for EA they will sell a lot of customizations/MTX with that game in a month time and everything keeps on working ...
  • nutcrackr
    207 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Apex with 10 million does that to ya
  • Ploodovic
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »
    Given the number of negative threads about EA’s stock price lately, it’s up $12+ today.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-02-08/ea-holders-cheer-apex-legends-as-formidable-fortnite-competitor?srnd=premium

Does this mean that now we will get more maps for BFV? Or does this mean that you can’t draw conclusions on future content for this game, based on EA’s stock price?
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1278 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Yeah, that Apex at work. But idk if that's bad or good for this game.
  • NLBartmaN
    2338 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »

Does this mean that now we will get more maps for BFV? Or does this mean that you can’t draw conclusions on future content for this game, based on EA’s stock price?

Can go multiple ways: they can make the conclusion, that only BR is good for the stock price and with that in mind only spend money on Firestorm and skip the rest or now they have their BR success (in playing numbers, not yet money) terminate BF, since Firestorm (and BF) are no longer needed ...

Or if we are lucky: sell Dice to someone that takes BF back to being BF ... or give Dice room to do that ...
  • ackers75
    1626 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Amazing what happens when you release a good game pretty much bug free!
  • Ploodovic
    1350 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

Can go multiple ways: they can make the conclusion, that only BR is good for the stock price and with that in mind only spend money on Firestorm and skip the rest or now they have their BR success (in playing numbers, not yet money) terminate BF, since Firestorm (and BF) are no longer needed ...

Or if we are lucky: sell Dice to someone that takes BF back to being BF ... or give Dice room to do that ...

So, can’t draw conclusions based on stock price, then. Thank you for answering my question.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6056 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Pls take take this tree fitty and buy me some EA stock
  • MrJayPee71
    199 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Said me
    ackers75 wrote: »

Yup. Sometimes it is very, very simple isn’t it!
  • munkt0r
    3007 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Betcha the Apex forum is full of whiny negative threads too.

Oh look, buncha threads talking about hackers...in a free to play game...

• IAcousticI
    140 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    MrJayPee71 wrote: »
    Said me
    ackers75 wrote: »

Yup. Sometimes it is very, very simple isn’t it!

Agreed! Dice take note how a game should run at release....
  • HardAimedKid
    11168 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Apex legends smokes bfv. 👍
  • Khronikos
    2040 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    NLBartmaN wrote: »

Hate to tell you this but Dice is not the same Dice as they were years ago. There are dozens of important people that moved on.
  • rockin_master
    314 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    "Electronic Arts soared 16 percent Friday after announcing its new Fortnite competitor gained 10 million players in its first 72 hours.

The stock fell nearly the same amount just a few days earlier after EA reported its third-quarter 2019 earnings. CEO Andrew Wilson had said the company "did not perform to our expectations," reporting a revenue miss of $1.61 billion vs. an estimate of $1.75 billion according to Refinitiv. But Friday's rally puts the stock back in the positive for the week, up 7 percent."

Great job Respawn.
  • TEKNOCODE
    10113 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    munkt0r wrote: »
    Betcha the Apex forum is full of whiny negative threads too.

Oh look, buncha threads talking about hackers...in a free to play game...

@crabman169 said the same thing. Lol
    Pls take take this tree fitty and buy me some EA stock
    I’ll sell it to you at a premium. Tree fitty x a @Loqtrall wall.
  • Redstripe101
    1824 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

when stock is dirt cheap, people buy. plus the market reacting DIRECTLY to the delay, launch, and quarterly earnings from BF 5 kinda makes it odd you post this in a BF 5 forum lol. Obviously they expected returns on FIFA, Sims, Apex, per their revenue report so you're kinda just parroting it.

show me a 5 year trend, or your return if you invested that long ago lol.
  • TEKNOCODE

when stock is dirt cheap, people buy. plus the market reacting DIRECTLY to the delay, launch, and quarterly earnings from BF 5 kinda makes it odd you post this in a BF 5 forum lol. Obviously they expected returns on FIFA, Sims, Apex, per their revenue report so you're kinda just parroting it.

I’m not doing anything. People were posting an “EA stock is tanking” thread every other day. This is just another one of those threads, albeit, it’s up.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6

I’m not doing anything. People were posting an “EA stock is tanking” thread every other day. This is just another one of those threads, albeit, it’s up.

Well it's nice to see, but this has to do with Apex, an unrelated game. Where as BF V caused the stock plunge, which was why that was on topic, being it correlated with BF, even according to the devs.

This is a total unrelated topic, and maybe more apt for off topic discussion.
  • UteUncleBarryyyy
    542 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member

But the uptick is nothing to do with BFV, so why would you post it here?
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    edited February 9

But the uptick is nothing to do with BFV, so why would you post it here?

Yep, that was my point as well. This is an off topic area. I mean it's valid in that many may want to talk about Apex, but this isn't the place for that.