EA Stock Price +

2»

Comments

• ackers75
    2268 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Oh god forbid someone mentions another game!
    He’s posted it here so get over it.
    It will be moved if mods think it should be.
  • xBCxSEALxTEAMx6
    1416 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    In fact, i had this post in how Apex would effect BF V, and that was moved of topic...

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/179505/what-does-this-new-free-to-play-titanfall-mean-for-bfv#latest

And, the "EA stock drop", post was moved there as well...

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/179984/ea-stock-price-drop#latest

So, this would likely have to go as well i would think. But thanks OP. I do know Apex is doing incredibly well atm.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I guess if you lose 10 bucks, then find 2, you're on the up and up?

lol this thread was made as bait or some form of "gotcha" in the endless pursuit for people to defend all things DICE lol. report the post so its moved to irrelevancy
  • Carbonic
    1199 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    Thread moved to off topic as it's not Battlefield related enough.
  • Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »
    Oh god forbid someone mentions another game!
    He’s posted it here so get over it.
    It will be moved if mods think it should be.

keen insight lol
  • TEKNOCODE
    10761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

lol this thread was made as bait or some form of "gotcha" in the endless pursuit for people to defend all things DICE lol. report the post so its moved to irrelevancy

I lost $20 on verdun. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • BaronVonGoon
    6631 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TEKNOCODE wrote: »

Same. Worst $20 I ever spent.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Why aren’t you on their forums, complaining about it?
  • TEKNOCODE
    10761 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Ploodovic wrote: »

I would be spending time on something that I don’t like.
  • neurokirurgi
    3 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    The writing is on the wall. DICE will devolve into EA's in-house engine department. That's the thing DICE is good at - designing games is not.

It's obvious that folks like Respawn understand the gamer mindset, DICE does not. Apex is deservedly a hit - obviously the smart use of streamers to promote the game helped a ton. Whoever took care of marketing for Apex Legends deserves a raise.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The writing is on the wall. DICE will devolve into EA's in-house engine department. That's the thing DICE is good at - designing games is not.

It's obvious that folks like Respawn understand the gamer mindset, DICE does not. Apex is deservedly a hit - obviously the smart use of streamers to promote the game helped a ton. Whoever took care of marketing for Apex Legends deserves a raise.

BFV also used streamers to promote the game, don’t know how much that helped. The marketing for Apex was: let’s say nothing about and just release it. It doesn’t work for every game.

Apex Legends is deservedly a hit, it’s a very polished game, but free games are always going to attract more players. Selling skins and emotes is where they’ll make their money. Fortnite has proven to be very successful at that. If Apex has enough retention power, it could be too.
  • Ploodovic

My question was rhetorical, but I guess you went ahead and answered it anyway. ;)
  • TEKNOCODE

My question was rhetorical, but I guess you went ahead and answered it anyway. ;)

giphy.gif
  • Carbonic
    1199 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    As far as I know Frostbite Labs have taken over development of the Frostbite engine. DICE just makes games. So that whole statement doesn't make a lot of sense ;)