February "soon hue hue" Patch notes

12346»

Comments

• TamKingski
    1790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    This is what happens when Dice only listen to these so called gamechangers and streamers instead of the community at large. The result is changes that the community doesnt want or need and the impression that dice are out of touch with the community as a whole or that they dont even play their own game.

Its clear dice thinks the bf community comprises of a handfull of streamers,most with agendas that want the game adjusted to suit their playstyle/streaming and video monetization needs instead of whats best for the overall community/game.
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    TamKingski wrote: »
    This is what happens when Dice only listen to these so called gamechangers and streamers instead of the community at large. The result is changes that the community doesnt want or need and the impression that dice are out of touch with the community as a whole or that they dont even play their own game.

Its clear dice thinks the bf community comprises of a handfull of streamers,most with agendas that want the game adjusted to suit their playstyle/streaming and video monetization needs instead of whats best for the overall community/game.

I really don't think this is accurate, although I do wish Dice clarified how they come about balancing the weapons. Do something like Jeff Kaplan who addresses changes and explains why they've decided on said changes.

I've read/heard rebalancing has little to no input from Game Changers, but moreso from their internal stats. Before the game released, the devs briefly showed a heat map that recorded where actions on a map took place and if changes were needed to keep matches flowing properly. I assume it's the same for the weapons and gadgets.
  • TamKingski
    1790 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    pest174 wrote: »

I really don't think this is accurate, although I do wish Dice clarified how they come about balancing the weapons. Do something like Jeff Kaplan who addresses changes and explains why they've decided on said changes.

I've read/heard rebalancing has little to no input from Game Changers, but moreso from their internal stats. Before the game released, the devs briefly showed a heat map that recorded where actions on a map took place and if changes were needed to keep matches flowing properly. I assume it's the same for the weapons and gadgets.

I do agree,dice being more open about why they think certain gun changes need to be made,perhaps backed up with some stats,even though the community as a whole dont agree with said changes.

This would let us (the community) understand the reasoning for these changes and would go along way to dispell the perception (wether its correct or not) that they dont listen or that they make these changes based on the whims of a handfull of gamechangers who also happen to stream and make money from playing bf games.
  • DarkestHour138
    995 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I do agree,dice being more open about why they think certain gun changes need to be made,perhaps backed up with some stats,even though the community as a whole dont agree with said changes.

This would let us (the community) understand the reasoning for these changes and would go along way to dispell the perception (wether its correct or not) that they dont listen or that they make these changes based on the whims of a handfull of gamechangers who also happen to stream and make money from playing bf games.

They are telling you why they're making the changes in some cases. But I would be curious as to what stats they use and how they're interpreting those stats.

Shotgun Slugs
    • Increased two-hit kill range to 30 m (was 25 m) and increased one headshot kill range to 50
    m (was 35 m) when using the Solid Slug specialization. Slugs were a bit disappointing in terms
    of damage over distance, so we slowed down their damage drop-off.

KE7
    • Increased initial vertical recoil to 0.7 (was 0.65), decreasing to 0.52 (was 0.5) after four shots.
    • Increased horizontal recoil to 0.48 (was 0.45).
    • Changed recoil pattern. The KE7 was still slightly too controllable for its rate of fire, so we
    increased recoil across the board.
  • Santini3
    46 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    wiazabi wrote: »
    Bit concerned about the TTD and how they are going about it, if they try to smooth out the death of client being hit without having solved the actual cause of instant deaths all it will do is make dying around corners a nightmare pretty much.

Would go something like this.

Server tells client he died ( super bullet / bundles shots ), client then instead of old way of instant death just delivers the super/bundled bullets over time to make it appear as if you got hit multiple times which means that regardless of where you are or running to even hiding in safety you would get a hit hit hit death.

So instead of a fix it would just change one bad experience to another one.

I will try to be hopeful about this patch as there seem to be some good changes but if they don't test em out then yeah............. it is gonna be good patch !!! is has to be!!!

I think you've missed something. The way I understood the fix was that they're just updating the (for lack of a better word because I don't have the technical expertise) "refresh rate" for damage so that the player receiving the damage will receive it as it is actually coming and not all lumped together. Does that make sense?
  • pest174
    811 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

They are telling you why they're making the changes in some cases. But I would be curious as to what stats they use and how they're interpreting those stats.

Shotgun Slugs
    • Increased two-hit kill range to 30 m (was 25 m) and increased one headshot kill range to 50
    m (was 35 m) when using the Solid Slug specialization. Slugs were a bit disappointing in terms
    of damage over distance, so we slowed down their damage drop-off.

KE7
    • Increased initial vertical recoil to 0.7 (was 0.65), decreasing to 0.52 (was 0.5) after four shots.
    • Increased horizontal recoil to 0.48 (was 0.45).
    • Changed recoil pattern. The KE7 was still slightly too controllable for its rate of fire, so we
    increased recoil across the board.

Ah, there you go.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Nerfing the ZK is insanely stupid.
  • DarkestHour138
    995 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    bran1986 wrote: »

It's only with that one specialization turned on. I don't remember what that specialization is but the nerf isn't across the board.
  • FragbaitDax
    223 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It was the light bolt spec for faster RoF. As they explained, the accuracy combined with high RoF plus the bipod was a concern.
  • Vycinas2
    932 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

It's only with that one specialization turned on. I don't remember what that specialization is but the nerf isn't across the board.

But without Light Bolt (increases rate of fire to match Tommy Gun) its useless at CQB, even up to 50m it can be easily outperformed by all AR's, SLR's L&MMG's. Its the only decent SMG with normal reflex/iron sights.
  • bran1986
    5913 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

It is still stupid, in a game where the m1907 exists as it does. The nerf turns it into a worse Thompson, with 20 less rounds, and worse hip fire
  • orangebionic
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Vycinas2 wrote: »
    DICE: Guys, we need to patch a well balanced SMG for the Medic class in the ToW rewards...any ideas?

DICE: How about the ZK-383?

DICE: Souns great, DO IT!

3 weeks later w/ community feedback....

“Love it!”, “best SMG, GG DICE!”, “don’t change a thing DICE!”, “finally, a good SMG, DICE finally listened to us!”, “Medic class is great again, thank you DICE!”

DICE: Hey, some YT and Twitch Nerf Herders are saying the ZK-383 recoil is a bit much, yet the rest of the community likes it the way it is..who do we listen to...?

DICE: Hmmmm....these YT and Twitch Game Changers are very influential, we should listen to them more....

February 11, 2019 patch notes....

ZK-383: Increased horizontal recoil to 0.765 (was 0.68) when using the Light Bolt Specialization. With the increased rate of fire, the Zk-383 was a bit too accurate compared to the M1928A1 considering the flexibility from being able to use the bipod.

BFV Community: Thank god for APEX. Was a nice ride BFV, keep diggin that hole deeper.

I made up my mind some time ago but these patch notes seals the deal. This is the last Battlefield I bought, I will not pay money for this garbage made and balanced by DICE. If rumours are true and DICE LA are working on BC3 then I might give it a chance but anything that comes from Dice Stockholm is a big NO. I just cant deal with their BS anymore.

exactly. they dont play own game. they dont test it either. Anyone can pull some data from game to suit some absurd way of thinking. Dice never had good touch to balancing weapons, but they were able to redeem themselves with good gameplay overall.
    This not the case anymore. They remind me some clueless painter decorator i worked with years ago. he screwed up colour shade on the job, spend rest of it trying to overcoated it with numerous attempts. Eventually new guy came round , painted all white to give new and clean base and started from scratch.

What this game has to offer now??? Tanks which are liability, uninspired maps, bad class balance with gimped down medics and supports,weapon meta which means you have to use only STG to be effective, bad single player soaked in historical blunders, and upcoming battle royalee nobody ask for.

Thanks dice, I was patient enough, there are other fps on the market, which , gasp shock horror , actually works as intended.
    let me repeat , work as intended, idea dice is apparently oblivious of.
  • Hawxxeye
    7578 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

The specialization that lowers the TTK of the weapon enough for it to kill fast enough that the target wont make a 180 turn start ADADADA spam and then kill you first!
  • MachoFantast1c0
    2067 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Hawxxeye wrote: »

The specialization that lowers the TTK of the weapon enough for it to kill fast enough that the target wont make a 180 turn start ADADADA spam and then kill you first!

Yep, the only meaningful spec.