Campaign vs Multplayer - FPS cap is WAY TOO DIFFERENT!

Tanalbi
4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
Specs:

AMD APU A8 7600k @ 3.10 Ghz
8GB DDR3 1333 Mhz
AMD Radeon R7 240 1GB (You may guess it is actually the ingtegrated... you are right.)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

When i do play the Campaign mode, specially the Airplane missions (Where it supposedly loads a lot of shaders), the game goes in between 40-45 FPS with some specs in Medium but most in Low.

But when i do decide to play an Online match, it lags like hell unless i do put everything in Low, incluiding the Draw Distance that makes the graphics HORRIBLE!

And i can prove it, i tested it out.

Campaign gameplay and Online gameplay are graphically different in some sort?

I know, i know, i might not hsave the best hardware, but i always outwit some games and make them playable

Comments

• BaronVonGoon
    6189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    You don't have to prove it. Ofcourse they're different. In campaign you're playing all by yourself locally on your PC. In multiplayer you're sharing a server with 63 other players from all over the world adding strain to the server. Single player always runs better than multiplayer.
  • Tanalbi
    You don't have to prove it. Ofcourse they're different. In campaign you're playing all by yourself locally on your PC. In multiplayer you're sharing a server with 63 other players from all over the world adding strain to the server. Single player always runs better than multiplayer.

Huh, ****

But i don't happen to have that problem in BF3 or even BF4!
  • BaronVonGoon
    6189 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 9
    Tanalbi wrote: »

Huh, ****

Because BF3/BF4 are finished games that went through years of optimization and netcode fixing. BFV's netcode is garbage. We're getting a patch this coming Tuesday thats supposed to fix some of the netcode and reduce lag.
  • Tanalbi

Huh, ****

Because BF3/BF4 are finished games that went through years of optimization and netcode fixing. BFV's netcode is garbage. We're getting a patch this coming Tuesday thats supposed to fix some of the netcode and reduce lag.

BFV? No no, i've actually meant BF1, BFV is too expensive (And cool) for me, BF1 is my final purchase for the saga, cuz it's cool, but i'll save up for a Dedicated GPU then if my integrated won't handle it's online. Thanks for the answer!
  • BaronVonGoon

Huh, ****

BFV? No no, i've actually meant BF1, BFV is too expensive (And cool) for me, BF1 is my final purchase for the saga, cuz it's cool, but i'll save up for a Dedicated GPU then if my integrated won't handle it's online. Thanks for the answer!

Ohhhh my bad. This is the BF1 section, just noticed.
  • Titan_Awaken
    380 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Multiplayer takes up significantly more resources than singleplayer since it not only accounts for the other players but also the anti-cheat system put in place by DICE. Sorry buddy but an iGPU just isn't going to cut it. BF1's minimum requirements GPU is listed as a GTX 660.

As a general rule of thumb, Triple A titles (like Battlefield) are typically the most graphically demanding games on the market right now so dedicated hardware is a must.
  • Tanalbi
    edited February 14
    Recently bought a GTX 750Ti. Game runs in Low with a little to no lag but with some stuttering and everything. Fair change, but i expected to be on 30 FPS WITHOUT stuttering

Is it because i entered a 64 player match?
  • BigF33t_13
    6575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Recently bought a GTX 750Ti. Game runs in Low with a little to no lag but with some stuttering and everything. Fair change, but i expected to be on 30 FPS WITHOUT stuttering

Possibly. A lot depends on your CPU also. If you have a quad core without hyperthreading, and/or single channel ram, that can be a cause too. Also, a 750ti is very weak for this game. It's probably a combination of factors.
  • Tanalbi
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »

Possibly. A lot depends on your CPU also. If you have a quad core without hyperthreading, and/or single channel ram, that can be a cause too. Also, a 750ti is very weak for this game. It's probably a combination of factors.

No way! A 750Ti is still not enough?!

Damn, what does this game asks for a minimum spec? A GTX 1050 or above?
  • BigF33t_13
    6575 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    edited February 16
    It'll work, but you're not going to see 60fps. Minimum requirements are for low settings, 30fps, 720p I believe. A gtx960 would probably be minimum to see 60fps at 1080. And with 2gb vram you need to set gpu memory restriction to on.
  • Titan_Awaken
    380 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BigF33t_13 wrote: »

No way! A 750Ti is still not enough?!

Damn, what does this game asks for a minimum spec? A GTX 1050 or above?

I would recommend a 1060. From personal experience, it is one of the best budget cards available and has a great price to performance ratio. You will not regret it.

As I mentioned previously. Triple A titles are among the most hardware demanding games on the market presently and as such the minimum specifications are usually conducted at 720p, 30 FPS.

If budget is a very tight issue, and I don't mean to offend or insult you, I would personally recommend console gaming since it's much easier than PC gaming in all honesty. I wouldn't normally recommend this but it's probably for the best in this scenario. Speaking from experience, there is a lot of maintenance and work behind a PC.
  • kAn3_R4nd4g10
    10 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Despite graphic quality gets lowered in almost every multiplayer game, single player is often easier for your PC to run. Your machine doesn't simply have to update other players' movement/shooting/explosion/animation/footprints and then sync them graphically into your game every x milliseconds.
  • Jinko_itx
    598 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Battlefield games is known for using the latest technology, the whole computer has to be upgraded, not just the video card, you must have a balanced system in order for this game to run smoothly on PC