This game is beyond broken.

zack9912000
28 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 9
I got the game when I bought the Xbox one. It’s not even enjoyable any more with all the issues. Between the horrible netcode issues where you have the one second deaths you never have time to react, the horrible game spawning you with enemies directly behind you or infront of you nearly every time. With zero protection, half of my deaths are that crap. Instant spawn deaths because games thinks that’s a great spot for you to come back.

When you are trying to do an objective it spawns you across the map on the opposite side you picked that takes you forever to get back to thebattle.

The servers constantly having latency and packet loss issues. I know my connection isn’t my issue, currently running a 50MPS connection with a ping less the. 35. Even Having the upper hand by getting several headshots and getting the audible tone and the blood spray they still Somehow live. I the. get Killed with little more then a short burst from them. I have been playing shooting games since the dos Doom days, gone to quake since the first expo and I have never had such a horrible experience with a game that is suspiciously advertised as a triple A title.

The real kicker is playing a game that has virtually no content for the 60 dollar price tag. Dice needs to get their crap together no wonder they are taking such a loss on sales. Enough is enough already fix the game that should have never been released missing so much context and being buggy as hell .

Dice this crap that myself and so many others are having to reset our Xbox after nearly every round because it wants to get stuck on the loading screen where I can hear the game but all I can see is a black screen. What happened to the days of companies taking pride in their work and having a functioning game. Can’t wait for the children on here to tell me to get better or make excuse for this crap hole of a game.

Rant over, never had a game that angered me more simply trying to get my money worth out of it. Only to have the game constantly crash. Hell I guess dice is trying to compete with who can make the most broken game , idk whose worse this or fallout 76

Comments

• SWCC9517
    64 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    So sick of one shot kills on me, but I need 3 headshots to kill.
  • asittingduck
    186 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 9
    I got the game when I bought the Xbox one. It’s not even enjoyable any more with all the issues. Between the horrible netcode issues where you have the one second deaths you never have time to react, the horrible game spawning you with enemies directly behind you or infront of you nearly every time. With zero protection, half of my deaths are that crap. Instant spawn deaths because games thinks that’s a great spot for you to come back.

When you are trying to do an objective it spawns you across the map on the opposite side you picked that takes you forever to get back to thebattle.

The servers constantly having latency and packet loss issues. I know my connection isn’t my issue, currently running a 50MPS connection with a ping less the. 35. Even Having the upper hand by getting several headshots and getting the audible tone and the blood spray they still Somehow live. I the. get Killed with little more then a short burst from them. I have been playing shooting games since the dos Doom days, gone to quake since the first expo and I have never had such a horrible experience with a game that is suspiciously advertised as a triple A title.

The real kicker is playing a game that has virtually no content for the 60 dollar price tag. Dice needs to get their crap together no wonder they are taking such a loss on sales. Enough is enough already fix the game that should have never been released missing so much context and being buggy as hell .

Dice this crap that myself and so many others are having to reset our Xbox after nearly every round because it wants to get stuck on the loading screen where I can hear the game but all I can see is a black screen. What happened to the days of companies taking pride in their work and having a functioning game. Can’t wait for the children on here to tell me to get better or make excuse for this crap hole of a game.

Rant over, never had a game that angered me more simply trying to get my money worth out of it. Only to have the game constantly crash. Hell I guess dice is trying to compete with who can make the most broken game , idk whose worse this or fallout 76

Well I disagree with all you say sorry, I know it's your opinion but why take the time to write such a long post on why you hate the game, just put the game down and walk away.
    I'm guessing you've not played fallout 76that is a very bad game with no content at all.
    Here we get updates regularly new content added each week and more maps and game modes on the horizon. I've had several crashes but never consistently, I'd be looking to you isp to be honest and 50 mbs is that all? I thought the UK had slow Internet, I'd not be happy with that.
    Bad spawn points never had an issue, I pick my sqaud mate or a flag I've found that what dice said is true it spawns you a safe distance from the flag of there's enemy activity near to the flag.
    What would be good is if like in battlefield 2 where you had a few seconds spawn shield, that stops all spawn camping as you kill the spawn campers before they could kill you.

As for the black loading screen I've had it a few times and so have most of my friends, but never after every round, I suspect slight exaggeration on your part. But there is an easy work round that has been mentioned here several times. Press menu button then hit down on d pad twice then X this then selects redeploy, you will then see the map screen and all is good.
    Sorry to hear that you have had such problems but the most of us are having a blast.
  • sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Well I disagree with all you say sorry, I know it's your opinion but why take the time to write such a long post on why you hate the game, just put the game down and walk away.
    I'm guessing you've not played fallout 76that is a very bad game with no content at all.
    Here we get updates regularly new content added each week and more maps and game modes on the horizon. I've had several crashes but never consistently, I'd be looking to you isp to be honest and 50 mbs is that all? I thought the UK had slow Internet, I'd not be happy with that.
    Bad spawn points never had an issue, I pick my sqaud mate or a flag I've found that what dice said is true it spawns you a safe distance from the flag of there's enemy activity near to the flag.
    What would be good is if like in battlefield 2 where you had a few seconds spawn shield, that stops all spawn camping as you kill the spawn campers before they could kill you.

As for the black loading screen I've had it a few times and so have most of my friends, but never after every round, I suspect slight exaggeration on your part. But there is an easy work round that has been mentioned here several times. Press menu button then hit down on d pad twice then X this then selects redeploy, you will then see the map screen and all is good.
    Sorry to hear that you have had such problems but the most of us are having a blast.

Well I’m somewhere in the middle between you and the OP and can say I’ve experienced both sides. For whatever reason the game for me has been absolutely atrocious this past week. Prior to that I had the occasional frustrating game or issue but overall not that bad. This week has awful though...So much so that I made a list of issues that I experienced tonight. I wanted to write it down to go back and see how bad it really was. Nobody is obligated to read it I just thought I would share the experience. Also I don’t want this to sound like a complaining thread... I still very much enjoy the game but have had to resolve that I’m going to have 5-6 questionable deaths per match lately.

Issues Friday Feb 8th: here goes:
    -Upon immediately logging in the UI froze and I had to reset
    -Upon getting back in game would not connect, restarted again. Just said “connecting” forever.
    -Went to check on assignments and screen will not load
    -First match playing on arras, pull a flank and get behind 4 players, upon trying to shoot them they start glitching and teleporting 2-3 feet to each side. It was the weirdest thing I’ve seen so I recorded it. Luckily I just decided to chunk a grenade and managed one kill.
    -Noticing network graph packet loss indicator but my ping is at 20?
    -Playing on Narvik trying to complete the ZH-29 assignments...land my first shot on a player not moving, crosshairs return right on his chest and I fire the second shot. I could not have possibly been more “on target” but get no hit marker on the second shot. Player then turns and one shots me with the Gewehr 43. I was at full health? I was blown away by this and recorded it.
    -various other instances in the same match where multiple shots should have been hits but didn’t register at all
    -left server
    -playing on devastation and unloaded 20 or so rounds from the Suomi on a player who had not seen me yet. My aim wasn’t perfect but it should have easily dropped him. Instead only a few of the shots registered and he turns and fires back as I ran around a corner. I thought I had managed to get away but fell over dead 6 feet after going into cover. Recorded that one as well. This one was a double whammy
    -2-3 other times that match I was killed after retreating into cover.
    -noticed there was a player on the other team pinging at over 500 and several players over 100.
    -left server
    -next match played pretty good. hit detection was spot on but my team just sucked ****. I also noticed my ping was around 45 this time as opposed to the usual low 20’s
    -stayed in this server and had several good playing matches though the team balancing was awful. Lost every match and was several players down most of them. Still I managed to play ok.
    -after several matches I got stuck on twisted steel after the match and had the dual loading indicators. The rest of my party/squad went on to play the next match. I had to reset the game and it gave my spot to someone else. I had to wait out that match in the menus while my friends played. That really sucked.
    -went to try and check assignments and they were all reset back to zero. As in if I was just starting the game for the first time.
    -joined another Frontlines server on Fjell later with my squad and the lag was horrible. I died several times from someone coming around a corner I had not seen yet and it seemed like every death all of my damage was delivered in one packet. It was unplayable for myself and my squad who all experienced the same thing. It felt like we were shooting rubber bullets and the enemy had an insta death button they could hit at will to kill you.
    -we all left the server again
    -by this point I had had enough and turned my Xbox off.

This was all in a 4 hour span from 9-1am.

So I don’t think the OP is crazy...however a few weeks ago I would have thought he was just overstating everything out of frustration. But now that I have experienced a lot of these issues myself my opinion has changed somewhat and I find myself not having any fun because of server netcode issues and bad team balancing.

I’m not at the point of giving up because when I’m not having these issues I love playing the game. At its core I think it’s one of the most fun BF titles yet.

But, when things are like this it’s just not fun. It’s like your playing against the problems not the other players.

I’ll also say I really don’t think it’s my connection or hardware. I have a 20 ping in most matches, have 250 down and 200 up fiber connection. It feels like it’s tied to the high pingers that enter the match but I’m not sure?

Also I noticed several times in the servers players would have a ping at 150-200 and then it would spike to 999 and drop back down to their normal rate. Not sure if this has any bearing on the problems or not.

Anyways, hopefully this post will help the OP and others who are having lots of trouble realize they are not alone, and possibly help those who aren’t having as many issues realize that other people are having legitimate problems and are not just complaining...even though it can come off that way.

I’m still fully confident that the issues will get resolved in time and encourage those who are about to quit to just give it more time. The more players who play the more attention the game will get from the Devs to fix the problems.

• georgeanzelon
    59 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah i have experienced these issues as well. I am almost positive that having a low ping in this game hurts you more than it helps. I also notice the average ping of the top 5 players on each team is almost always significantly higher than mine, which is usually 20-30.
  • zack9912000
    edited February 9
    If they would unfudge their stupid net code so hits actuality register and players spawns actually don’t screw you then it could be enjoyable and you don’t have invisible players showing up outnof no where. No player should live after 5-8 rounds to the body. The game is just like COD, players are damn bullet sponges heat shots or not. I shouldn’t have to use almost a full drum from the lewis gun to kill them
  • xxxCoOlBr33zExxx
    3838 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    There are netcode fixes coming in the next update which will hopefully relieve most of the netcode issues.

Usually the reason it spawns you a certain distance away from the flag is due to how many enemies are in the perimeter of said flag/area.

-CB
  • zack9912000
    edited February 9
    I’m not talking about that, I’m talking about how you’re trying to get back to a spawn point of a flag you hold where the battle isn’t happening at all. And it will refused to let you Spawn there. It says in combat and there isn’t any sort of combat happening, the. The stupid programming will then spawn at your furtherest flag that you have a good five min run to get back to the battle and our team has lost more flags this way. The game is two extremes, either right in a spawn point of enemies or in a middle of a gun battle if you are lucky or on the other side of the map where you are no where near any team mates or the battle. The game should let you spawn on any team mate, idk how many times I am Spectating a teammate and I don’t see any enemies anywhere and refused to let me spawn on him because he was the last man on a flag..
    Post edited by zack9912000 on
  • sbvaughn88
    162 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I’m not talking about that, I’m talking about how you’re trying to get back to a spawn point of a flag you hold where the battle isn’t happening at all. And it will refused to let you Spawn there. It says in combat and there isn’t any sort of combat happening, the. The stupid programming will then spawn at your furtherest flag that you have a good five min run to get back to the battle and our team has lost more flags this way. The game is two extremes, either right in a spawn point of enemies or in a middle of a gun battle if you are lucky or on the other side of the map where you are no where near any team mates or the battle. The game should let you spawn on any team mate, idk how many times I am Spectating a teammate and I don’t see any enemies anywhere and refused to let me spawn on him because he was the last man on a flag..

I experience the same, yet I can’t tell you how many times I’m lighting a dude up and a buddy spawns in right behind him to kill me. Lol

• thebulgd
    1 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Same here, some times it goes all Matrix on me and I see the same charaters running across the screen twice. Start shooting at characters that transport across the screen. All in a days gaming on Battlefield V
  • RedBadger93
    4 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I've experienced everything in the first post, except for the headshot thing. The spawn thing is ridiculous, I'll click a totally clear spot to spawn and many times it will put me on the opposite side of the map. It's incredibly annoyING and many times gets me killed. I start swearing to myself each time it does that, and I rarely swear, except in this game.
  • zack9912000
    I've experienced everything in the first post, except for the headshot thing. The spawn thing is ridiculous, I'll click a totally clear spot to spawn and many times it will put me on the opposite side of the map. It's incredibly annoyING and many times gets me killed. I start swearing to myself each time it does that, and I rarely swear, except in this game.

My biggest gripe besides the shots not registering is the spawn points. That where you spawn and instantly die because it places you right next to a group of bad guys and you never stand a chance.

I had this get so bad on several occasions now that on average 20 deaths were directly responsible for it and I was so angery about it I didn’t touch the game for more then a week. If that doesn’t get fixed I will burn my dics and put it in the trash where it belong. Its one thing if you die from stupidity, yet a whole other ball of wax if you can’t even spawn to fight