Semi-Autos need big recoil increase

1235»

Comments

• ghos7bear
    145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Cant believe DICE just kept the situation like this.
    Nothing will be changed unless we're vocal about it.
  • TheyHaveScissors
    561 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 24
    ghos7bear wrote: »
    There are many things that have rotten away whilst people think that new, deprived situation is the new standard. They will go vocal once fundamental changes come to their gameplay. Even if that means a quality of life improvements. Just look at the masses of people losing their dung over slight recoil increases to assault weapons for example.

There are vocal complaints; and there's constructive criticism from a large pool of experience (for example many BF vets). Sadly, DICE listens to the vocal masses. Cheap, fast and instant gratification is what BF is all about nowadays. SMH. Leading to a rapid inflation of player actions, leading to shallow gameplay and people getting bored faster.
  • ackers75
    2267 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think the fire rate needs to be toned down a bit.
    You can seem to fire these guns far too fast
  • Kayback
    367 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Quite honestly I have no issues with the recoil on the semi auto guns.

I *do* agree the 3x is too OP when combined with it. And not the fact it is 3x but the fact this WWII optic is clearer than a modern day ACOG. It needs to be lower quality like the Lewis gun's 3x. Grainy, cloudy, hard to see through and a small FOV.
  • Cerben1
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 24
    give them half recoil to Recons Semis and we are on the ball i think. and why not give 3x scopes sway on all guns like on recon ?
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Cerben1 wrote: »
    give them half recoil to Recons Semis and we are on the ball i think. and why not give 3x scopes sway on all guns like on recon ?

Why 1/2 the recoil.. many are the same caliber as the scout DMR's IIRC. The problem is the dang DMR's are able to burn people down at ANY range.

Hipfiring at 15m accurately.. what the heck??!! IMHO they should be like the LMG's... no aiming.. no hitting.. or very little chance of it. Love opening up on a guy with the Thompson and having him 3 shot me hipfiring the M1A1(even more fun when they have the mouse no recoil/full auto macro going).... same guy moves on to suppress/kill scouts with his no glint 3x scope at 300m...
  • bran1986
    5576 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Giving dmrs hip fire specializations is so bad that I still can't believe someone at dice thought it was a good idea.
  • TectonicGuns
    294 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Give the recon the 1916 and all will be good.
  • stabbinhobo
    581 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Give the recon the 1916 and all will be good.

If they did it would have massive recoil, a 5 round mag and you'd have to wear this helmet while using it.

33epyqs.jpg

:*
  • 0SiGHT0
    455 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    ghos7bear wrote: »

It's unbelievable that they have no interest in even the most simple balance in their game. It doesn't require any real effort or figuring anything out like say, netcode. A few changes to values that are well thought out and make sense. There is a reason why this game is dead.
  • X_Sunslayer_X
    663 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    well you want to nerf semi-autos take half of them away give them to medic and remove the 3x scope from all classes but scout done!
    Gewehr 1-5 M1A1 and Turner need to go to medic
    give them some SMGs they wont use them anyways
    there is never a reason not to pick assault in BFV on every map on every engagement distant you can just go and play assault its the embodiment of a swiz-army knife
    but DICE wont touch them in BFV since 75% of everyone playing wanks and soils themselves playing the class
  • Cerben1
    254 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Why 1/2 the recoil.. many are the same caliber as the scout DMR's IIRC. The problem is the dang DMR's are able to burn people down at ANY range.

Hipfiring at 15m accurately.. what the heck??!! IMHO they should be like the LMG's... no aiming.. no hitting.. or very little chance of it. Love opening up on a guy with the Thompson and having him 3 shot me hipfiring the M1A1(even more fun when they have the mouse no recoil/full auto macro going).... same guy moves on to suppress/kill scouts with his no glint 3x scope at 300m...

as they have less dmg atm so for balance give them less recoil then recon SLR or do you feel that they need the same dmg as ZH-29 on the G-43 or Selbstlader 1916 as they have same ammo?
  • stabbinhobo
    edited February 24

as they have less dmg atm so for balance give them less recoil then recon SLR or do you feel that they need the same dmg as ZH-29 on the G-43 or Selbstlader 1916 as they have same ammo?

I accept they do less dmg.. albeit not by much. Many times the ZH-29 is a 3 hit kill weapon as well. The problem is they are essentially the same weapon but assault gets gobs of ammo by comparison... a larger magazine, near no recoil and a 3x scope with no glint.

What they need is:

1) Recoil closer to that of the scout SLR.
    2) An equally small magazine.. (5rnds) with equally long reload animation.
    3) Scope glint or removal of the 3x scope entirely.
    4) Be far less accurate past 150m or so.
    5) Massive hipfire penalty to accuracy.

I've used even the 1-5 with the 3x scope and can hit targets at 300m+. No.. you don't get a 1 hit kill.. but the ZH-29 is not a OHK even with a headshot either. But the fact you can suppress snipers at that range with it is beyond stupid. With a 32rnd mag you can just keep pulling the trigger.
    Post edited by stabbinhobo on
  • Cerben1

I accept the do less dmg.. albeit not by much. Many times the ZH-29 is a 3 hit kill weapon as well. The problem is they are essentially the same weapon but assault gets gobs of ammo by comparison... a larger magazine, near no recoil and a 3x scope with no glint.

What they need is:

I've used even the 1-5 with the 3x scope and can hit targets at 300m+. No.. you don't get a 1 hit kill.. but the ZH-29 is not a OHK even with a headshot either. But the fact you can suppress snipers at that range with it is beyond stupid. With a 32rnd mag you can just keep pulling the trigger.

minimum dmg on the ZH-29 is 52 all ranges so how is that a 3 kill? i know it dose 92 in head shoots. im not sure about the G43 dmg but i do know its always an 3 shot to kill all ranges if you dont get head-shoots. the Gewer 43 do have an 10 round mag so its what it shod have. bullet drop on all guns shold be the same but now the Assault guns have none what i know of might be my pore aim but i hit them just as good on 50m as on 200m in the head
  • stabbinhobo

I accept the do less dmg.. albeit not by much. Many times the ZH-29 is a 3 hit kill weapon as well. The problem is they are essentially the same weapon but assault gets gobs of ammo by comparison... a larger magazine, near no recoil and a 3x scope with no glint.

What they need is:

minimum dmg on the ZH-29 is 52 all ranges so how is that a 3 kill? i know it dose 92 in head shoots. im not sure about the G43 dmg but i do know its always an 3 shot to kill all ranges if you dont get head-shoots. the Gewer 43 do have an 10 round mag so its what it shod have. bullet drop on all guns shold be the same but now the Assault guns have none what i know of might be my pore aim but i hit them just as good on 50m as on 200m in the head

Min dmg on the ZH-29 if you get a body shot is 52.. if you nick an arm or leg it's less... forget the exact number. But it's often a 3 hit kill if the target is on the run or prone. Just completed a round of aerodome.. was getting hit at range and killed by the STG and 1-5... it's comical how OP that class is.
  • grrlpurple
    793 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Honestly I wince every time recoil is mentioned as a balancing element. The problem being that there is not a level playing field between pc and console when it comes to recoil control and so far, there doesn't seem to be a separate recoil balancing between both platforms. Recoil is so much harder to masterfully control with a controller.
  • Cerben1
    grrlpurple wrote: »
    Honestly I wince every time recoil is mentioned as a balancing element. The problem being that there is not a level playing field between pc and console when it comes to recoil control and so far, there doesn't seem to be a separate recoil balancing between both platforms. Recoil is so much harder to masterfully control with a controller.

well i play on pc and im not going to play any fps on an console for sure but i understand that recoil is not so easy to handle for an console player. but shod pc suffer for that console cant handle recoil so Action-man can move down every one whit his boom-stick du to the fact he dont have to master recoil ?
  • WarTurtleKal
    39 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I honestly wish they had spread and recoil like DMR's in Battlefield 4. It's remarkably easy to use the Gewehr 43 at close range and win due to high fire rate, high damage, no spread, and minimal recoil. Unless you are aiming for headshots, it outshoots nearly all full-auto weapons, especially with it's range modifiers. It's supposed to be a long range option, not the jack of all trades.
  • Mangrey
    193 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    naitch44 wrote: »
    'no recoil whatsoever' - lol.

no they need to get there X3 removed