Does Apex Legends pose a threat to BFV?

Comments

• Redstripe101
    2546 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Myself and 3 friends just re-downloaded GTA 5 which was released in 2013 because BF5 is just that boring already. 7 million copies sold and I bet my mortgage they havent even hit a million players online. The developing patterns and attention to the franchise they show AFTER the fact is proof this game doesnt need help to die. DICE is inept and EA is great at marketing. I wont touch anything from EA for a while now.
  • Noodlesocks
    2650 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    By the time Battlefield BR is released, it will likely already be dead in the water with only people who already have paid for BF5 even remotely interested in playing it. Dice Sweden has struggled for month in simply bring Battlefield to a point befitting a product ready for release while Apex Legends has hit the ground running. Apex Legends has already garnered success and is already generating money for EA. Meanwhile Battlefield 5 and Dice Sweden are hemorrhaging money after two consecutive flops in a row with nothing particularly interesting to look forward to.

At this point I'm more interested in Titan mode for Battlefront 2 than I am with anything that has been announced for Battlefield 5.
  • disposalist
    8465 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Just tried Apex Legends. OMG yuck. Mad scramble for power ups and gadgets blah blah blah mess random chaotic rubbish.

Totally remembered why I don't like battle royale games.
  • Kongo030
    619 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I don't get why they messed with BF V when having Apex in the queue. Maybe Firestorm was to be the fallback.

Still Firestorm will be the only BR game I'd possibly play for now. Had a look at Apex and it's trashy like Fortnite to me. Good fun for a lot of people but not my cup of tea.
  • MeFirstThenYou
    111 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Considering the bad state of BFV. Every Multiplayers FPS is.
  • moose004
    81 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    BRs are already kind of past their sell-by date. AL may be the last great one. Come March, I expect Firestorm will be a giant "meh" and not make much of a dent in the BR world.
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    Maybe the more appropriate question is this. Does Respawn Entertainment's work make EA's current incarnation of "DICE" look like a group of completely incompetent fools that don't know which way is up?

Overall quality of BFV at launch, in it's current form and the direction it is moving:
    AA9q0HO.jpg

Overall quality of APEX at launch, in it's current form and the direction it is moving:
    u5YekFT.jpg

• BaronVonGoon
    6639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Apex is garbage to some because it's a Battle Royale, a mode that is very polarizing. I hate it. Only because it's a BR-only experience.

I liked the map and guns. But I don't like the concept of no-respawn. If they add another mode (Bigger than a simple TDM) I'd play it alot.
  • Noodlesocks
    2650 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Maybe the more appropriate question is this. Does Respawn Entertainment's work make EA's current incarnation of "DICE" look like a group of completely incompetent fools that don't know which way is up?

Dice Sweden are filled with very talented artists and designers but not many great developers.
  • barnesalmighty2
    1341 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

Dice Sweden are filled with very talented artists and designers but not many great developers.

Respawn have been making amazing fps games for years even before they became Respawn. Dice on the other hand make pretty things.
  • BaronVonGoon
    6639 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 9
    How many effing bullets does it take to kill someone in APEX? I haven't rage quit any game since the first time I played BF4. I emptied two clips into a guy he didn't die. I followed him to his squadmate where I emptied a mag into his squadmate and he didn't die either. He just mowed me down. I must be doing something wrong because people are killing me and I'm incapable of killing them, it's so humbling to go from mowing down noobs in Battlefield to becoming fodder in Apex.
  • rockin_master
    How many effing bullets does it take to kill someone in APEX? I haven't rage quit any game since the first time I played BF4. I emptied two clips into a guy he didn't die. I followed him to his squadmate where I emptied a mag into his squadmate and he didn't die either. He just mowed me down. I must be doing something wrong because people are killing me and I'm incapable of killing them, it's so humbling to go from mowing down noobs in Battlefield to becoming fodder in Apex.

Seems there are many BFV fans don't like when they have to deal with someone shooting back. It's weird and not weird at the same time.

Are you a console player that uses a specialty controller by chance Goon? Those players seem to get frustrated with it the most -that's why I ask.
  • Pelliy
    2221 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    yes it does. i moved from badfield to apex recently. No insta deaths when playing apex. a very pleasant experience.

Ttk is great in Apex. Gives you time to react. I think the ability to have time to react also reduces hackusations. Thus making it less toxic. If I had a GPU I'd be playing Apex right now with friends
  • Pelliy
    2221 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Apex is direct competition to the BR genre and is going to take players away from other BR games such as fortnite and blackout, not bfv. Players bought bfv for full scale battle modes like conquest and operations.

I've read several comments including this list where people who are bulr not even into br, are interested in trying this game out. Including myself. It does br very well.
  • Pelliy
    Myself and 3 friends just re-downloaded GTA 5 which was released in 2013 because BF5 is just that boring already. 7 million copies sold and I bet my mortgage they haven't even hit a million players online. The developing patterns and attention to the franchise they show AFTER the fact is proof this game doesn't need help to die. DICE is inept and EA is great at marketing. I wont touch anything from EA for a while now.

A million online is a wet dream. They haven't even got 500,000 online. That would consider successful in battlefield standards. This game probably capped around 100k-200k concurrent users online.
  • BaronVonGoon

Seems there are many BFV fans don't like when they have to deal with someone shooting back. It's weird and not weird at the same time.

Are you a console player that uses a specialty controller by chance Goon? Those players seem to get frustrated with it the most -that's why I ask.

I use a mouse on Xbox. It doesn't have anything to do with it. My aim is on point, I would know.
  • Pelliy

He uses a xim if I remember correctly
  • rockin_master

I very much agree. They should consider looking into if Respawn is hiring. With the way things are going for APEX I'd be surprised if they aren't.
  • Hawxxeye
    5183 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 9

They also lack actual BF gamers in their team who can actually tell if a feature or a change to a feature is a good/bad idea when playtesting it instead of needed a community outcry to realize it.
    I bet I could pick just one of the forum regulars here at random and I bet they could playtest better.
  • SumwhatKrazy
    555 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I can confirm that several people on my friends list have been playing Apex instead of BFV this weekend. Whether or not that will be the case in the long run i guess time will tell.
    10 million players in 72 hours is impressive. Personally i have no interest in it. I may give it a look though, but not really interested and after playing BFV very little in recent weeks ive had some fun on it this weekend.