Does Apex Legends pose a threat to BFV?

Comments

• Klam3r
    38 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Me and my 7 friends, which played BFV daily until the Apex release, have not touched the game since.
    We'll probably be back when they fix the netcode because as some said earlier in the thread... Apex is really crisp!
    BFV is not, yet.
  • Ploodovic
    1642 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How many effing bullets does it take to kill someone in APEX? I haven't rage quit any game since the first time I played BF4. I emptied two clips into a guy he didn't die. I followed him to his squadmate where I emptied a mag into his squadmate and he didn't die either. He just mowed me down. I must be doing something wrong because people are killing me and I'm incapable of killing them, it's so humbling to go from mowing down noobs in Battlefield to becoming fodder in Apex.

Git gud, mate! ;)
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Austacker wrote: »
    Sk1lld wrote: »
    First I've heard of Apex Legends, had to look it up. I don't think squads of 3 are my thing. Maybe if I had regular guys to match with all the time, but it does look good. Don't think it's a threat though.

Give it a try. You'll be surprised at how well it runs and how good the gameplay feels for a free to play game. It's basically AAA quality out of the box - but free.

You'll shake your head with disgust at how DICE have allowed BF5 launch in the state that it did and how nearly 6 months later it's still a vomit fest.

I've got thousands of hours in the franchise, but BF5 is just trash and it doesn't help the fact that Respawn are basically making them look stupid at the moment with a free to play game that launches basically perfect on day one. It's actually embarrassing, but I know DICE under the thumb of EA basically has no appreciation of the concept, they're just going through the motions nowadays with the franchise and it shows painfully.

It's kinda ironic how a dice dev on Twitter was making excuses for the anthems beta being poor...and another ea studio, respawn drops a game that's mostly polish and free to play.

Respawn set the standard. They have since they made Titanfall. It just wasn't commercially successful but Titanfall 1 and 2 were some of the most polished shooters I've played. It's just I wasn't a fan of the mechs. It's fast paced like cod (the founder of the studio created cod4) and I prefer bf1 more but objectively it was very polished.

It's time for the others to stop making excuses.
  • disposalist
    8684 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    Pelliy wrote: »
    Just tried Apex Legends. OMG yuck. Mad scramble for power ups and gadgets blah blah blah mess random chaotic rubbish.

Totally remembered why I don't like battle royale games.
    What's so funny about this post is if you take out the mention of scrambling for power ups, you can easily say the same thing about battlefield games lol
    Huh? My post if solely about the initial scramble for a loot box making the outcome random and chaotic. If you take that out you take out the whole thing...

Spawning with the basic weapons/vehicles and a decent aim is all you need in BF to have a good time. Apart from being "a shooter" it couldn't be much different.

There is next-to-no 'randomness' in BF however much people complain about explosives and whilst team and squad play is rewarded, you aren't totally doomed to an awful match if your team mates aren't great.
  • warslag
    1594 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha Member
    BFV is definitely not a threat to Apex.

Apex does not know BFV exists. Because Apex is very busy being the most successful game in the world.

BFV does not know Apex exists. Because BFV is dead.
  • Loqtrall
    12100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Just wanted to point out that while Apex is good, it's launch is not flawless. The game has been experiencing a myriad of bugs as well as server overload crashes. Nearly every time I end a game, I have to wait like 2 whole minutes before I'm thrown back to the title screen and have to load back into the main menu again. EVERY round.

There are people who have experienced clipping into the ground, being able to pick two of the same legend on a squad, being able to shoot enemies while in a downed state, being killed by opening doors or containers in the wrong position, touching out of bounds while deploying and the out of bounds timer stays and kills the whole squad, clipping into the supply ship while reviving teammates on it, one guy even experienced invulnerability and won a match solo by sitting out of bounds and getting 0 damage. I got 3v1d without even being able to defend myself because while I was running away from this squad, I stepped in a small divot in the ground and got stuck and could not jump or move at all, when I died my body got sucked into the divot and through the ground.

That's on top of rubberbanding issues when too much is happening at the beginning of a match (very much so like PUBG when it launched on xbone), and other personal qualms like the long ttk and low magazine size on most guns COMPLETELY contradicting each other.

It's a good game but it's definitely not flawless and clearly has its own issues. I for one am not a fan of waiting longer to get out of some matches than it took me to deploy and die in said match.
  • ShadowFax75
    41 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    The biggest threat for battlefield in general is EA tbh.
  • azelenkin0306
    565 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    IMHO, even in its current state BFV is miles ahead of this f2p garbage. They are even not in the same league.

Biggest Battlefield threat is the EA/DICE themselves, not this garbage.
  • LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    How many effing bullets does it take to kill someone in APEX? I haven't rage quit any game since the first time I played BF4. I emptied two clips into a guy he didn't die. I followed him to his squadmate where I emptied a mag into his squadmate and he didn't die either. He just mowed me down. I must be doing something wrong because people are killing me and I'm incapable of killing them, it's so humbling to go from mowing down noobs in Battlefield to becoming fodder in Apex.

Seems there are many BFV fans don't like when they have to deal with someone shooting back. It's weird and not weird at the same time.

Are you a console player that uses a specialty controller by chance Goon? Those players seem to get frustrated with it the most -that's why I ask.

I use a mouse on Xbox. It doesn't have anything to do with it. My aim is on point, I would know.

That’s just dirty
  • orangebionic
    232 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1 Member
    bfv is so mediocre as a shooter that any other fps can and will be a threat. I did try apex and defo will come back with few mates to squad up.

Its almost shocking how smooth AL is at launch compared to any bf except battlefield1, which had only few minor bugs. Hold on, scratch that, its not AL is so great, its dice's final product is at such low quality level, that everything else feels like top notch diamond of a game.

Personally for me , any good fps will be ticket to bye-bye-battlefield station pronto. metro exodus, new far cry definately will get me to play story /campaign. Online-wise insurgency sandstorm seems to be next big thing for team-based hc experience.
  • Pelliy
    2228 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    Pelliy wrote: »
    Just tried Apex Legends. OMG yuck. Mad scramble for power ups and gadgets blah blah blah mess random chaotic rubbish.

Totally remembered why I don't like battle royale games.
    What's so funny about this post is if you take out the mention of scrambling for power ups, you can easily say the same thing about battlefield games lol
    Huh? My post if solely about the initial scramble for a loot box making the outcome random and chaotic. If you take that out you take out the whole thing...

Spawning with the basic weapons/vehicles and a decent aim is all you need in BF to have a good time. Apart from being "a shooter" it couldn't be much different.

There is next-to-no 'randomness' in BF however much people complain about explosives and whilst team and squad play is rewarded, you aren't totally doomed to an awful match if your team mates aren't great.

The planes, the vehicles, the gadgets are what opponents of Battlefield argue that makes it chaotic.
    Post edited by Pelliy on
  • barnesalmighty2
    1600 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    It's funny how a game with a far greater ttk goes one to be so successful. It almost looks like the people here actually didn't know what they were talking about after all.
  • gibonez
    296 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It's funny how a game with a far greater ttk goes one to be so successful. It almost looks like the people here actually didn't know what they were talking about after all.

Higher TTK = more skill required.
  • Loqtrall
    12100 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'm sure it being a f2p br game has significantly more to do with its success than its ttk. It's ttk in relation to most weapons' small mag size is actually often complained about within the vocal community.
  • Pelliy
    gibonez wrote: »

difference of opinion. There is no black and white when it comes to TTK although I do prefer the slower TTK.

Some games are built differently.
  • rockin_master
    373 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The biggest threat to BFV is BFV itself.
  • BlindChance
    521 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    EA suits certinatly thinks so...and they are wrong. Battlefield doesn't need a BR gamemode at all. Its a totally different game. I play Battlefield for combined warfare with some depth of gameplay and teamplay if I get lucky with randoms / play with friends.

For some players who just play what is popular, sure BR might be their new FPS fix. I personally dislike BR a lot. From the ridiculous gameplay idea itself, they seem like a bad time investment as after 20/30 minutes you can get killed and end up with zero reward for your effort. I would imagine this semi-skill/gambling nature of these games gets some players hooked up, but it doesn’t appeal as a setting for FPS for me at all. I gave Apex a try, all I remember is that the gunplay feels wooden and slow.

• LordVader666
    249 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    EA suits certinatly thinks so...and they are wrong. Battlefield doesn't need a BR gamemode at all. Its a totally different game. I play Battlefield for combined warfare with some depth of gameplay and teamplay if I get lucky with randoms / play with friends.

For some players who just play what is popular, sure BR might be their new FPS fix. I personally dislike BR a lot. From the ridiculous gameplay idea itself, they seem like a bad time investment as after 20/30 minutes you can get killed and end up with zero reward for your effort. I would imagine this semi-skill/gambling nature of these games gets some players hooked up, but it doesn’t appeal as a setting for FPS for me at all. I gave Apex a try, all I remember is that the gunplay feels wooden and slow.

To be fair you don’t get zero reward you get xp/coins to unlock skins etc. Besides which you can lay games for zero reward, ie fun!
  • Kongo030
    667 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think Dice would need to tell us when they gonna roughly release American and Soviet fractions. This is more important than Russians in BF1. Also bring back something bigger than the Tiger. I know people didn't like Behemoth while I loved them. The aircraft carrier in 1942 was just great right now the biggest thing is the Tiger and a V1 strike.
  • LinkZeppeloyd
    867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    gibonez wrote: »

Fortnite takes more skill? Ok.