Weekly Debrief

WTH Is Going On? Is EA/DICE Trying To Make Conquest The WORST Mode Ever?

2»

Comments

• parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When I first played Conquest on Hamada I thought it was ridiculous. Was it a bug?! Did I join a stomp?! Since then, I've grown to really like Hamada. I wish there wasn't such a long slog between D and E/F, but other than that, it's excellent.

The key for the attackers is getting all the way to E/F/G at the beginning of the game, drop a couple of spawn beacons back there, keep the defenders going in two directions at once, works great. But apparently some deep thinkers haven't figured out that one, so they just complain. Classic, just the sort of thread we've come to expect here.
  • Masqerader
    637 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 9
    TheSacar wrote: »
    Strike at Karkand was conquest assault and that map was absolutely awesome in BF2

You seem to forget Karkand was urban map, very little high ground unlike Hamada
    Hamada is wide open, the starting team has the high ground, and with how camp friendly battlefield 5 is, you're gonna lose a lot more as an attacker.

• MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Ciza211 wrote: »
    Hamada gangnam style. When you dont have great party or teamplay. You never win for Allied. Only reskill and frustrating on this map..

It's so easy for a single Allied squad to be very successful. The zerg will always be at A > B > D on Hamada.

Squad leader should be recon. Hop in a truck and immediately head for B. When you see the dragon's teeth, keep them on your right side and hug them. You'll pass B without interference and be on the road just outside D flag. One of your squad mates should hop out and quick-cap D.

The road leads underneath the bridge and straight up to F. Two squadmates should hop out and cap F while the Recon driver heads to G and caps it in the truck. If there is no interference, proceed to E flag.

Plant your spawn beacon in the ruins inbetween F/E/G and your squad will very likely be able to defend against stragglers that try in vain to recap.

If the enemy team deploys more than one or two squads to deal with this issue, the remaining friendly Zerg will then own A/B/C/D and when all four of those are capped it's nearly impossible for the Axis to make a comeback. If they DON'T (and 80% of the time, they WON'T) deal with you, your squad will give your team a constant 2-3 cap buffer. Only the most inept teams will fail you.
  • MarkFury67
    748 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Masqerader wrote: »
    TheSacar wrote: »
    Strike at Karkand was conquest assault and that map was absolutely awesome in BF2

You seem to forget Karkand was urban map, very little high ground unlike Hamada
    Hamada is wide open, the starting team has the high ground, and with how camp friendly battlefield 5 is, you're gonna lose a lot more as an attacker.

If you keep banging your head against A/B you surely will.

• skippylarue
    1004 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When I first played Conquest on Hamada I thought it was ridiculous. Was it a bug?! Did I join a stomp?! Since then, I've grown to really like Hamada. I wish there wasn't such a long slog between D and E/F, but other than that, it's excellent.

The key for the attackers is getting all the way to E/F/G at the beginning of the game, drop a couple of spawn beacons back there, keep the defenders going in two directions at once, works great. But apparently some deep thinkers haven't figured out that one, so they just complain. Classic, just the sort of thread we've come to expect here.

Yes exactly. Once the back three flags are contested the map really opens up and becomes a lot of fun.

I usually end up playing one side of the map almost exclusively. Either A,B,C,D or E,F,G. The two sides almost play like separate maps.
  • sasqch10
    138 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    No. Sadly, They all are pretty close to terrible in map + mechanics + balance but conquest is the best of the worst!! Congratulations Dice
  • S_Markt
    71 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    CaptHotah wrote: »
    Yeah the conquest assault on Hamada is utter ****.

conquer g and everything is fine.

• fragnstein
    493 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Midway started axis on the island and allies started on the boat

• SillySinStorm
    50 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Most squads i play with make the mistake of going straight to A or B when they should be flanking around to capture E, F or G. Transport isn't just there to get to the nearest objective.
  • Khronikos
    2145 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    CA can work well. It is the balanced teams thing Dice cannot solve.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member

Me too, same with Panzerstorm, didn't like them at first but now I enjoy them. But some folks don't want to learn, don't want to change their style of play, if they don't enjoy their first round on a map it must be a bad map. And then they come here and gripe about it, that's the cycle.
  • parkingbrake

Yes exactly. Once the back three flags are contested the map really opens up and becomes a lot of fun.

I usually end up playing one side of the map almost exclusively. Either A,B,C,D or E,F,G. The two sides almost play like separate maps.

I like to control E/F/G because G gives your team an extra aircraft. So many players forget about that stuff, and an extra plane or tank (from holding D) can make a real difference.
  • Faylum
    419 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    BF conquest ended when BF2 did.