Account ban or hardware ban, that is the question.

2»

Comments

• BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Well, like you see here https://www.pcgamer.com/battlefield-4-anti-cheating-measures-detailed/ Sabina the anti-cheat administrator is crushing cheaters since sept 2014.....
    btw: Hardwareban is impossible because you can always sell your hardware and then someone innocent is accused.

Thats pretty funny. They may be crushing "some" cheats but just not enough.They have entirely weak systems that allow cheats to open new accts and start cheating again. I appreciate some are "trying" but their strategy overall is a failure which is why so many have stopped playing. They just haven't taken it seriously enough since release and now the game is in danger of being left behind. Their inept anti cheat efforts will certainly affect future sales. They've angered lots of loyal gamers
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    252 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    And account ban will ony work if they enforce "not" being able to open a new account to then rent the game on Premier vault and start cheaing again. Which they don't because they want the extra revenue from cheats who open these new accounts to repurchase/rent the game again. Their systems are flawed.....on purpose. They know exactly why they allow this. They are not stupid. They just hope we'll all overlook these things and accept the level of cheating and keep giving them money. They are mistaken. Lots won't buy their games again due to inept anti cheat efforts
  • BadBudgieSmuggla
    IP bans are simple and usually work well. Regardless of what gets implemented, hackers have to be banned.

IP bans don't work. Lots of people have dynamic ip's and some isp's change ip's on router reboot. Most cheats use vpn's anyway so how do you get around that? Then there's IP spoofing which is rife. These cheats are given all the tools as part of the package for this lucrative business of selling hacks
  • NamelessForNow
    1429 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I think EA should just drop a V-1 rocket on the general location where the cheat is taking place.
  • parkingbrake
    3202 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I'd like to see more done but let's face it, the ideas players are coming up with arent going to work.

Tie an account to a cc?
    Wont work, not everybody can get a cc due to either not being in work, or have bad credit which blacklist their name against credit reference agencies.

IP ban?
    Plenty of ways that can be circumvented including dynamic addresses, vpns and such.

ban HWID?
    Nice try but that can be bypassed by running spoofing software to change the HWID.

Tie an acc to a mobile phone number?
    You can change your phone number extremely easily, mobile phone? Buy a sim card... Hard line ( landline? ) contact provider and say you're getting lots of marketing calls and want a new number.. bam!!!
    As I said, some folks will find a way around almost anything we can think up, but the point is that every barrier that makes using a hack more difficult and more of a pain in the neck will thin the herd to some extent. It's similar to protecting your home or business against burglars, you keep raising the bar until whatever is inside isn't worth the time of a burglar skilled enough to defeat your security. Meanwhile the less qualified burglars look for someplace more vulnerable.
    Literally the only thing that will work ( in my opinion ) is to get rid of origin access and origin access premiere, If a user has say.. 30 games on an account and they cheat in one game ( bfv for example ) The licences to ALL of the games on that account are revoked including the one they cheated on.

All of the games will be removed, regardless of whether or not they cheated in any of the others.

It would be a very hard line to take and one that could lose EA revenue but it would very likely also work to their advantage, As cheaters would be forced to play legit or face losing everything on their account.
    Excellent idea. Unfortunately EA goes with what FairFight said in some promotional material years ago: "Cheaters are customers too". When a company has an attitude like that I think it's reasonable for us to wonder just how serious they are about driving hack users out of their games. PUBG Corp. knows they could radically reduce cheating in NA or EU servers with a ping cap/region lock that would keep players in China out of those servers, but those players are the majority in that game and like to play in other regions, so PUBG experiments with one anti-cheat after another and bans an astonishing number of accounts, and the cheating continues. It isn't that companies like PUBG or EA can't do more, it's that they choose not to.

But imagine the marketing advantage a company like EA would get from being able to point to the most effective anti-cheat approach in the industry. PC gamers would be lining up to play EA games if they knew the chances of encountering cheaters was significantly lower than in other companies' games. Sadly I think it's just as likely EA would be happy to kiss the PC format goodbye and stick to consoles.

• EdwinSpangler
    1776 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    If a user has say.. 30 games on an account and they cheat in one game ( bfv for example ) The licences to ALL of the games on that account are revoked including the one they cheated on.

All of the games will be removed, regardless of whether or not they cheated in any of the others.

It would be a very hard line to take and one that could lose EA revenue but it would very likely also work to their advantage, As cheaters would be forced to play legit or face losing everything on their account.

I dont understand why all this isnt standard.. Compared to other publisher's games ive played in teh past, this company almost seems like it promotes cheating in its games..

• ackers75
    2285 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tie the game to the windows serial key and ban through the key.
  • EdwinSpangler
    1776 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    ackers75 wrote: »

I can see a couple issues with this. -But I think the benefits would outweigh the negatives.. They would have to allow more than one account tied to that MS account (or can this be solved with another user on the PC?) in case more than one person plays BF on that PC.. One cheats, ban em all..

But here is where EA and their greed come into play. Fill in the blank...
  • SillySinStorm
    44 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    If hackers are discoverable why not just lump them altogether in their own pool of "special" servers to segregate them from honest players?
  • BigChubby6
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    Start with the level 8s with 50 kills and 1 death
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12643 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    edited February 13

Since windows 10 launched, you can install and run windows 10 without a key or a need to activate, you just have a few limitations such as being unable to change wallpapers and a watermark on the bottom right of your screen.

Nice try though.
    BigChubby6 wrote: »

Users who have multiple origin accounts ( smurf accounts ) says hello.
    That also will not work for the above reason, Also very achievable in tanks or bombers if they're pretty handy with them.
  • BigChubby6
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member

Since windows 10 launched, you can install and run windows 10 without a key or a need to activate, you just have a few limitations such as being unable to change wallpapers and a watermark on the bottom right of your screen.

Nice try though.

That also will not work for the above reason, Also very achievable in tanks or bombers if they're pretty handy with them.

• BigChubby6
    I've played BF1 for over a year and BFV for a while and do not concur...especially when you get shot through a rock from across the map by a level 8 using a pistol. Even for a smurf...that's really impossible
  • EdwinSpangler

Nice try though.

I assume they can make it for activated accounts only... IF it were to ever happen..
  • BlindChance
    484 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    They should have pushed it further. To create an Origin account you should be forced to link it to your bank identity, debit/credit card from a limited number of providers. Account ban should be extended to a blacklist on your bank identity. Every game purchase should be linked to a specific debit/credit card number.
  • LOLGotYerTags
    12643 postsMember, Moderator, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Moderator
    I've played BF1 for over a year and BFV for a while and do not concur...especially when you get shot through a rock from across the map by a level 8 using a pistol. Even for a smurf...that's really impossible

The scenario you gave was.. and I quote..

Smurf accounts of players who are all maxed out that have everything unlocked are usually made so players can grind all over again, And since they'd know things like best spots to be as sniper / support etc, know flanking routes and such, those scores are VERY possible.

You simply cannot take a players level into consideration for this very reason.

Also being shot through cover could be server netcode ( not your netcode specifically), it can also be explained by clipping issues where theres no bound boxes which tell the server that it is supposed to be hard cover ( geometry glitch in the map )

A pistol kill across the map though through multiple layers of map geometry though?
    Very certainly not going to be legit.
  • BigChubby6
    In Rainbow Six Siege you get bounced not just for cheating, but also for being toxic or killing your teammate...maybe BFV needs an admin to monitor the gameplay once in a while. Just the threat of them being in there may stop the cheating, that we all know is happening and making this game almost unplayable.
  • ECH0_MIRAGE
    65 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    There are (or were) scores of private server admins that partially filled this void.

Meaningful anticheat past the automateable stuff will never reach BF3/4 levels until private servers are available again.
  • fartman89
    8 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After playing Red Dead Redemption on PS4 ....... I can honestly say I think what we are seeing is the death of multiplayer PC gaming.

I haven't been a console player in over 18 years, but after trying RDR2 on my kids PS4... I may go back.

What most people fail to understand is that EA is in the business of making money. At some point it will just be more cost effective to not release on PC and I think we are almost at that point. At least for multiplayer games.