Frontlines

georgeanzelon
52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
I am just curious if you guys think frontlines is ok as is or if it needs some work. I cant lie, I think its seriously flawed. I have been playing it for the past 2 days , winning only once in the process. It seems the team the captures the first base upon match start wins 90% of the time . From there it is just a steady steam roll. Out of about 16 matches, only 1 actually lasted longer than 15 mins.

Comments

• ElliotLH
    4909 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    I enjoy it myself but find it depends massively on the players - if both teams PTFO it can be really good fun and quite tense, if the teams are bad then it can be a long slog, or if one is bad then it's a steamroll.
  • georgeanzelon
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Jesus this game mode ....
  • georgeanzelon
    What happened to 64 player frontlines anyway?
  • DaQuaz2284
    1 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    This next line of assignments for The Tides of War is miserable and for the first time, I will not even try to get that machine gun. Frontllines by itself is the worst broken game mode in the game. You either get steam rolled or roll over the enemy - or worse yet...you sit in a battle for 25+ minutes because of a terrible stalemate. It is unbearable to play this mode. To top it all of, I have played 2 matches in a row and after a 5 minute questions to wait another 5 for enough people to start the match...at the end, I get disconnected from the server so there is no "credit" for even playing a round. Wow... I am so bummed out, because for the most part I have had a lot of fun trying different modes and methods to completing the assignments, but No EA...just...No.
  • Mishkin37
    636 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I played it today, and I did not enjoy it. Hate might be a better word, but I probably should try it again first.

If Frontlines were a book, it would be called:

Tug of War: Proneshoot Edition
  • LeesSummit09
    295 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Agree with Elliot, as with most modes, with the right players on both teams, this is a blast, lots of action. If there is a bad team, either way, game can be over in minutes and it sucks, whether winning or losing(but definitely sucks more losing).
  • AViolentFart234
    2 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    The only good thing about frontlines is it’s easy to get the last weapons mastery assignment done because you’re always in an objective and the game, if a stalemate, lasts forever. Gold receiver.

Otherwise, any other mode is better.
  • leftybaa1
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Mishkin37 wrote: »
    I played it today, and I did not enjoy it. Hate might be a better word, but I probably should try it again first.

If Frontlines were a book, it would be called:

Tug of War: Proneshoot Edition

Agreed suffered through it to get the new machine gun as any new content is at a premium lol. Lots of snipers from another zip code while your taking objectives but that’s par for the course
  • georgeanzelon
    edited February 10
    Well i ground through it to get the new m1922 MMG. I have to be honest, i have yet to enjoy it . MMGs in general are very situational and in most maps are just fodder for snipers . Sometimes being a completionist gets the best of me.
  • leftybaa1
    17 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Well i ground through it to get the new m1922 MMG. I have to be honest, i have yet to enjoy it . MMGs in general are very situational and in most maps are just fodder for snipers . Sometimes being a completionist gets the best of me.

Agree with you as well. Have found the new weapon does not bipod up as efficiently as the MG42. Seems the MG42 bipeds up much faster and with greater regulatory than the new MMG. Could just be user error though lol

• georgeanzelon
    leftybaa1 wrote: »

Agree with you as well. Have found the new weapon does not bipod up as efficiently as the MG42. Seems the MG42 bipeds up much faster and with greater regulatory than the new MMG. Could just be user error though lol

Yeah i suck with MMGs. Seems I always pick the wrong spot to set up. Of course i literally have the worst luck. I was just having my highest K/D ratio match yet and i got disconnected upon reaching the enemy bases in frontlines.
  • ScottysDemise
    13 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Frontlines is very dependent on the teams imho. I had a game yesterday on Twisted Steel that legit lasted like an hour and was awesome. Most of the time though I'm not a huge fan of it. I like the concept of it though. As far as the MMG, I really like it. I think its right up there with the MG42. The hipfire on it seems to be much better than the other MMG's, although I can't say much for the VGO as I never really used it.
  • Aflag666
    121 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    After grinding it out for the M1922, I have to say I had more bad times than good on Frontlines. While I did get into a few matches that were balanced and thus fun, the majority were either the team I was on unable to gain any ground or just the opposite; the team I was on simply rolled through all objectives giving the other team a miserable time. Overall, I prefer Conquest or Breakthrough for the larger battles, and still loving Squad Conquest for run and gun wild fun. Like Grand Operations, Frontlines is not a very attractive game mode for me on a regualr rotation.