Tank auto turning is still an issue!

TuxedoBanana279
307 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
Most of the time when I stop my tank and aim in on someone, the tank automatically turns to one side throwing off my aim. This is not a problem with my controller, as it is brand new. It is a problem with this specific game because I never had this problem in bf4 or bf1 tanks.

Comments

• georgeanzelon
    52 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Yeah using tanks is very frustrating, for me at least. Was honestly the thing j looked forward to most about bf5, being a history nut and all . They are so weak in this game and any time i try to stop and aim my tank starts moving on its own, just enouvh to throw my cursor around which is very annoying.
  • elgrantimmy
    2 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's different tanks in the game and each are good for certain things. None of them are good for rushing into control points and capturing flags on their own. It takes some getting used to but once you get it, you'll feel sorry for the other team
  • TuxedoBanana279
    307 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There's different tanks in the game and each are good for certain things. None of them are good for rushing into control points and capturing flags on their own. It takes some getting used to but once you get it, you'll feel sorry for the other team

I'm not bringing attention to the fact that a tank can easily be overrun by infantry, but that the tank movement in general is bugged. Have you experienced the tank auto turning when you stop and try to aim?
  • sbvaughn88
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member

I'm not bringing attention to the fact that a tank can easily be overrun by infantry, but that the tank movement in general is bugged. Have you experienced the tank auto turning when you stop and try to aim?

Yes and Here’s how I fixed it. I had to make sure my left stick dead zone was set high enough to where the tank would not twist whilst sitting still. Mine is up around 17 now which seems to have solved that.

As far as the reticle bobbing right when your about to shoot...can’t help you there. It’s just glitchy. I’ve learned to overcome it anyways and am starting to do much better in tanks.

You can’t push as hard as you could in BF1 but they can still be very useful. Also drive around in 3rd person view always. When you see a player go ahead and aim turret, then go to 1st person, then fire.

I also set up custom controls where left and right triggers are forward and reverse and LB1 and LB2 are ADS and Fire. This has helped me a lot to become more effective.

The other thing is that to do really well in a tank you need a squad. One guy on the front gun who hops out to heal you when you get into a tank battle. Because you can bet the enemy tank will not be the only thing shooting at you. This allows you to be much more aggressive but smoke is a must to protect your support healer.

Also drive spot to spot and stop so your gunner can actually kill the guy with the rocket firing at you. You are actually far more effective sitting still so you and the gunner can take out the assault players before they get the rocket off.

Constantly moving ensures that you nor your gunner can hit anything and they will still hit you despite your slow movement. I drive cover to cover (if I can)so I can get out of a fight if I need to.

Also if playing solo you can use tanks as a sacrificial distraction tool to help your team cap a flag. Drive up to flag, smoke it, get out and set a mine behind or in front whichever is most likely the enemy will drive the tank if they steal it...and you can enjoy cover from one side while capping the flag. I also do this only when there is no ammo left in case things go south. Most of the enemy team will focus on taking out the tank instead of the pile of teammates advancing on the flag. This has worked in a few clutch situations in breakthrough when we really needed to cap a flag.

Hope this helps
  • skins4ever21
    198 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I think there is actually a setting to disable that but I can't remember what it's called but my best friend changed his settings. Try looking for it.
  • Kevang039
    82 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    sbvaughn88 wrote: »

Yes and Here’s how I fixed it. I had to make sure my left stick dead zone was set high enough to where the tank would not twist whilst sitting still. Mine is up around 17 now which seems to have solved that.

As far as the reticle bobbing right when your about to shoot...can’t help you there. It’s just glitchy. I’ve learned to overcome it anyways and am starting to do much better in tanks.

You can’t push as hard as you could in BF1 but they can still be very useful. Also drive around in 3rd person view always. When you see a player go ahead and aim turret, then go to 1st person, then fire.

I also set up custom controls where left and right triggers are forward and reverse and LB1 and LB2 are ADS and Fire. This has helped me a lot to become more effective.

The other thing is that to do really well in a tank you need a squad. One guy on the front gun who hops out to heal you when you get into a tank battle. Because you can bet the enemy tank will not be the only thing shooting at you. This allows you to be much more aggressive but smoke is a must to protect your support healer.

Also drive spot to spot and stop so your gunner can actually kill the guy with the rocket firing at you. You are actually far more effective sitting still so you and the gunner can take out the assault players before they get the rocket off.

Constantly moving ensures that you nor your gunner can hit anything and they will still hit you despite your slow movement. I drive cover to cover (if I can)so I can get out of a fight if I need to.

Also if playing solo you can use tanks as a sacrificial distraction tool to help your team cap a flag. Drive up to flag, smoke it, get out and set a mine behind or in front whichever is most likely the enemy will drive the tank if they steal it...and you can enjoy cover from one side while capping the flag. I also do this only when there is no ammo left in case things go south. Most of the enemy team will focus on taking out the tank instead of the pile of teammates advancing on the flag. This has worked in a few clutch situations in breakthrough when we really needed to cap a flag.

Hope this helps

Maybe this is why my tank auto turns to the right, I'll check it out tonight when I get on.
  • sbvaughn88
    153 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    Mine would always go to the right as well...before I figured out the deadzone thing.
  • mgood1845
    76 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    this is def frustrating, i'm not sure which model tank i'm using but when i turn just my right joystick to move the turret, my tank moves, the mechanics that also allow the tank's shot to move tank are also frustrating especially if you have placed yourself in cover, and after a few shots you've drifted into the open. Yikes
  • DarkestHour138
    893 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, Battlefield V Member
    The whole tank moving to the right thing sucks. I'll try adjusting the dead zone tonight before I start playing.
    I think there is actually a setting to disable that but I can't remember what it's called but my best friend changed his settings. Try looking for it.

That's the decouple setting. Turning it off or on doesn't fix the turning bug though.