snipers not suppressed by MG

HellzWind
19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
edited February 10
It seems as of late every time I go up agaisnt a snpier with my trusty FG42 they don't get suppressed like at all and they end up, as of late, almost always getting that darned headshot on me. (say for instance, Lewis gun, nor the MG42 don't have the same suppression effect neither)

Things used to be different or snipers skill just got upped some as of late. (or is it something else?)

By the MG description and some experience I had previously, as stated, things ought to be, or were different (snipers should be supressed more), or am I wrong here?

Now I understand going up against a sniper isn't a good idea but judging by my previous experience... things used to be different.

Comments

• xSliver
    30 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Supression is nothing more then spotting with bullets.
    If you think there is somekind of graphical effect or so - you can disabled that via settings.
  • HellzWind
    19 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    Oh okay. I see.

I thought it affected their aim.

So it doesn't. Hmm.

Also, what do you mean by ''somekind of grahpical effect''?
  • Gravlar_SN9
    197 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    There is a very slight blurring of the edge of the screen. That’s the entire effect of suppression in BFV.
  • HellzWind
    edited February 10
    Lol. Okay. Thanks, now I see.

I shall be more careful than.
  • Aditrex
    95 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    this is not bf1 no more awarding players for **** aim
  • Shrediron
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    When the game was in beta there was a REAL suppression mechanic, but action man cried about it, so it got removed.

MMG's must be prone (you know this) to be effective. This means free headshots against you by every one in game on the enemy team. Because being prone means you cant dodge, AD strafe or jump, the suppression mechanic helped to keep all bullets from instantly killing you (by reducing the enemies aim). Suppression created balance.

Due to complainers who do not care about or desire game balance, suppression was removed. The issue is MMG players were not given anything to compensate for the now lack of balance.

The nerf to MMG's recoil (and I think they increased the spread) which killed our accuracy and range has made playing with an MMG utterly broken. I mean sure, every 20 games or so you can find a cubby hole to park in and get some nice kills off, but you wont lead charts.

Also, recently the buff to flares is yet another nail in the coffin for MMG players. Its hard enough to get situated in a lane where you will see action (without getting instantly head shot by some sniper), now you have to deal with flares exposing you before you fire your first shot.

I have a plethora of idea to fix this issue without breaking or creating unbalance in other areas of the game, but I am not on the pay roll so...meh
  • HellzWind
    edited February 12
    Ah what a pity that it got removed...

Does this mean if we cry hard enough about it that it might get back in? ;)

On a more serious note... What a pity it got removed.