Why is the tank bouncing for no reason?

MBT_Layzan
1050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
It's really annoying when your trying to shoot stuff, and the tank is bouncing like it's got lowrider bounce kits like in hip hop videos.

Comments

• Shrediron
    205 postsMember, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I was wondering the same thing. I just concluded that I must be accidentally teetering the tank on a small rock or something.
  • MBT_Layzan
    1050 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I did at first but it happens on totally flat ground like roads etc.
  • Noodlesocks
    1867 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    It is annoying but Dice don't seem interested in fixing it.
  • DALLAS-ak-PEIPER
    426 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield Hardline, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE Member
    Lazy work!
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    edited February 10
    I thought I was the only one getting annoyed by it. Totally **** when my tank is standing still in a field on Panzerstorm, yet my scope if bouncing upwards for no reason.
  • Zenga
    129 postsMember, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    Tanks in general seem to have issues with gravity. In fact all of the ground vehicles feel super light, like they're just barely holding onto ground. Personnel carriers in particular behave like you're driving them on ice skates, not tracks and tires.
  • DingoKillr
    3234 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    I can think of 2 reason such bounces could exist.
    1) reality based on engine vibration.
    2) game based to reduce the odds of repeat prefect long range shot.
  • DukeSan27
    1045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    MBT_Layzan wrote: »
    It's really annoying when your trying to shoot stuff, and the tank is bouncing like it's got lowrider bounce kits like in hip hop videos.

It happens when you have another vehicle near you. I'll let DICE explain the logic...
  • snavelaer
    842 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    I slowly begin to wonder that the frostbite isn’t suited for vehicle gameplay at all. It had always been the case you flip, get stuck, bounce and what not in Battlefield. Clunky is the word that comes to my mind.

Don’t they use Frostbite for Need for Speed series as well? Does that game work properly? Does anyone know that?
  • YourLocalPlumber
    2045 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, CTE, BF1IncursionsAlpha, Battlefield V Member
    snavelaer wrote: »
    I slowly begin to wonder that the frostbite isn’t suited for vehicle gameplay at all. It had always been the case you flip, get stuck, bounce and what not in Battlefield. Clunky is the word that comes to my mind.

Don’t they use Frostbite for Need for Speed series as well? Does that game work properly? Does anyone know that?

No. NFS games play like crap on Frostbite. Just hop in a jeep and drive around the map for a bit on high speed, thats how all NFS games feel. EA is just lazy and cheap to produce another engine used specifically for racing games.

And you're totally right, vehicle physics in Frostbite are very bad. Just look back to BF3 when planes got stuck mid air for the rest of the game after reaching altitude ceiling. We still have that. Look at plane physics in BF5, its a total joke. Planes can glide at 20 km/h, float in mid-air, tanks getting stuck on everything etc.
  • DavTan
    669 postsMember, Battlefield 3, Battlefield 4, Battlefield, Battlefield 1, Battlefield V Member
    In all the frostbite battlefields I've played, the tanks have always felt like they needed more weight, perhaps it is the game engine after all. Otherwise surely they'd have fixed it by now. Or no one at dice plays tanks. Although having said that , remember the big troop transport in bf4 ..... That felt like 50 tons.
    As for the bouncing around... I've noticed it more so since that last patch.